Culver City, CA
Antioch University-Los Angeles

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Antioch University-Los Angeles

lo

Antioch is a professional school, and you get about what you might expect from that. The teachers are really hit or miss, and are hard to connect with outside of class. The "campus" is lame - there's one water fountain and it never works and one restaurant and its not great.

Nina

Antioch University is a great opportunity for the mature adult. This is not a campus-style University, it does not have all the amenities of a typical University, however, they are located in Culver City, near a mall and tons of gyms and housing. The Faculty is the best I have ever experienced and this is my 3rd college. If you want to be challenged to succeed and to be a voice for your community and your life - this is the school for you. The classes are great, some are small 5-7 students and a few are large but rarely over 20 students. Everyone is friendly and respectful. There is a great library with an amazing staff to assist you with your book requests and academic papers research tools. A large computer lab and ample study space along with a student lounge. This was the best choice for me to finish my bachelor's degree as I am nearing 50 and felt I needed a place where kids were not running around being kids, this was the best learning environment for a working adult.

Alexander

Really nice and friendly atmosphere, very diverse and open-minded. Easy integration back to school after many years. Progressive. This is the first school to have black students, black teachers, and a full range of people belonging to LGBTQ community.

It's a very small school so there's no on-campus housing. Classes are on the smaller side, with the psychology students typically having the largest size classes, but it's still only about 18 students at max. The school is very progressive in social movements and civil rights issues, with community service being a requirement for graduation. As a black woman, I have never felt so comfortable talking about issues that my community faces with classmates who are willing to listen and partake in discussion. Because of this, I have had great discussions with other students and professors which has opened my mind more and strengthen my critical thinking skills. I am able to see the world through different perspectives, thanks to my classmates and their stories, which makes my writing stronger as well.

jean
good school

good school with opportunities. lots of students from different places. very nice activities on weekends.

good school

Kathrynn

My almost 25 year old self would have lots of advice to my 18 year old self. However, if I were to travel back and speak to my younger self I would not try to change a thing. After college I attended a conservatory for acting where I met some incredible people, then I attended community college where I had some inspiring professors, one of which sat me down and urged me to pursue my acting dreams. That conversation led to a role on my first feature film, where my now best friend and I had a life changing experience that brought me closer to my faith. The church I then attended introduced me the producer of a Halloween event I directed for two years where I met my fianceé, who inspired me to finish my degree. So instead of telling my 18 year old self to stay on the path and finish in 4 years, to do what everyone else you're graduating was doing, I would say do exactly what you're going to do, make all the mistakes you will make, because that is the only way you will get to where you are meant to go.

Someone who has previously attended community college or a conservatory program should attend Antioch. Antioch lends it self to those who have taken time off of school and are returning to commit to finishing their degrees.

Because classes and campus is smaller there are fewer choices for courses each quarter. However, because we are on a quarter system there are more opportunities for classes.

william

My school, Anticoh is best known for having strong social values. They care for all and include all. I would say that they understand that a strongly educated person, a truly educated person carries concern for all sentient beings. Students of Antioch are not just tolerant but accepting of others. Antioch students accept others for who they are, who they love and for what they stand for. Antioch students are known to have a great respect for life and its preservation. Antioch is a champion of peace and environmental concerns and wants to bring this world to respect both.

I have learned everything form Billie Holiday not being a pushover to Chaos being a theory, in my Liberal Arts education. I have learned more about myself, my Wife, Children and my Mother. During my attendance I have come to terms about my identity as a half black, half white adopted boy from Yonkers, Ny. I have become, simply a student, a student of life and a student of a world less forgiving. I enjoy learning immensely and wish I could never go back to work and just sit in class and soak up the knowledge of professors and other students. I must work to provide sustenance for my people, however. I realize that for me to survive, I must consume more books and devour more units. Career student will not become my occupation, but might become my most coveted hobby. And if it is not my destiny to attend graduate school, than I will become self didactic and aspire to complete my education through a life well-lived and well-studied.

Have not found anything to frustrate me, as of yet.

Lea

Most Antioch students are liberal, open-minded, creative, fun, controversial, progressive, environmentally and ethnically aware individuals. Antioch students are interested in a variety of subjects to enhance their learning experience. Antioch students embrace "other-ness". Students really get a chance to know each other in this environment and learn to see the world from varying perspectives. There is also a large LGBT population. Many Antioch students come from a performance or production background. All Antioch students are adult students who have returned to college to pursue either a BA or Master's program.

As an adult student who has recently returned to complete my undergraduate degree, I feel as though this question is extremely applicable to my situation. All students at my school have somehow experienced an interruption in their studies. Through some transition in life we have returned to further our education. With years of worldly life experience under my belt, I would have much to tell myself, needing much more than 200 words. I was a dance major when I first went to college. I left to go on tour as a professional showgirl and my life went in a whole new direction. I am proud to have had the unique experiences that I had as a performing artist and would never want to take that back. However, like many, I think that I took my college education for granted. With this in mind, I would tell myself to relish in the knowledge that my professors are giving to me. I must truly hear and understand what they are saying as experienced professionals. I would tell myself to enjoy the entire college experience from the cafeteria to the dorms, reading the school paper, friends, activities and assignments, taking nothing for granted.

It is a commuter school. There are not very many social activities and there is no real campus. I returned to school last summer and was looking forward to a great social life with the other students and being involved in exciting activities and clubs, all of which this school lacks. There is a lot of red tape when a student tries to create an activity or event which often discourages students to do or try anything. The financial aid office is poorly staffed and it is difficult to get the correct information needed.

Grant

Antioch University is a Social Minded institution focusing on adults wishing to finish Bachelors or Masters Degree programs.

Antioch University is best known for focusing on Social Justice.

I would tell myself that you really need to focus on time management. In highschool, you were monitored and given rules and restrictions. In college, your success is based totally on you. Study broad subjects first and don't get concerned about concentrating on specific studies until after the first year.

Antioch University-Los Angeles administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.