Brewton-Parker College Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for Brewton-Parker College

Kat

You will find great people that will be like your family because of how small it is. There is no procedures , due process, that they follow as stated in the academic book. They basically do whatever they feel and you have no representation and can not go to no one. The heads are unqualified. The Dean of Women highest degree was an Associate Degree from up the street. The staff is very unqualified and you are not going to have a rich learning experience. Don't expect a good post graduate counseling program that prepare you for internships or getting employed, you are basically left alone, and the military might seem like your only escape. The school is not worth the money. The campus life is dead, the rules are ridiculous, like one time they had a 10 pm curfew because somebody said something about the Academic Dean on Yik Yak. There is restricted visitation. You have a curfew every night. Work study jobs are sometimes difficult to attain. They are not much shopping options available and no public transportation. The town is very small. You are required to attend chapel, which is ok, but sometimes they have error in their system and it would prevent you from transferring. The sport life is everything, so if you are not playing a sport I can't imagine how you will survive.

KeAna

Brewton-Parker College is a very friendly and small college. The whole staff is extremely nice and helpful. I met the President of the college when I went for New Student Registration. Also, while I was there I already met students that are going to be attending there in the Fall. By going to the orientation and getting to know people there made me comfortable.

Parker

The college consists of religious based ideals inside of all classes, this means religious essays will be written in history as well as college writing. The housing if you are lucky consists for a suite holding four rooms of eight people total. Each suite holds two showers and two toilets, the bathroom is installed with a motion sensor which goes off after five minutes so showering should be done swiftly. The cafeteria holds very nice and welcome faces however the food tends to be under attended to. This means Sunday is the best day for a good meal so that outsiders feel that the food is always good. However this is not the case.

Hector

Its good people and good place

Phillip

I love Brewton-Parker , I feel welcomed med there when are cost .I leave be the Christian vibe . Everything is accessible . When I Vist with my family I got a safe vibe. The sports there is good .I love brewton-Parker . I just want go there and exceed expectations.

Kaitlyn

I love the atmosphere of the school, I love how you can walk up to people and have a great conservation with anyone here and fee like you've known them for years. the facilities are good and so are the professors, but the wifi connection is terrible. But aside from that, its a truly sweet get away from the rat race of a city life and you honestly have more one on one times with friends and professors.

Ronald

I like the academics because it is a small college so they worry about our grades overall. The teacher are easy to access cause they give us their work emails and sometimes even personnel phone numbers to contact the if we have any problems. Brewton-Parker is in the middle of no where so we have to go out of the city to have fun. It would be better if we could go out more like in a group trip from college. Athletics need to get better because they give all the money to the alright teams and the teams that do represent the college don't get enough funding so if they could give more money to the good teams it could really help out a lot.

DeAndra

If you like small colleges or the country, this is the place for you. But if you are big on city life, you probably wouldn’t be too pleased. Brewton is small college located in the country. If you are big on Christ this the place for you. They are very Christian oriented!

Zachary

Communication is a HUGE issue, if you need to communicate by phone ~ GOOD LUCK!!!! they NEVER answer, NEVER return calls and don't care to assist you at ALL after enrollment!!!!!! If I could change anything I would of never accepted the scholarship the offered, i feel like the targeted students then knew would drop out so they could still collect tuition, over 20 kids dropped out during my class and I am pretty sure they are having same issues as me. WOULD NEVER GIVE A GOOD RATING

Jordan

Brewton-Parker is a nice small college, that is great for people who come from small schools or whoever wants to go to a smaller school. The professors are nice and friendly people, who willing to help you if you have any trouble. The college is really diverse in race and ethnicity. They have many students from different countries. There is not much to do outside of the class room the city of Mount Vernon is really small and does not have many stores to go to; you will have to go to the next town over, to actually find something to do. Brewton-Parker is an over all good school to go to for getting a degree from a liberal arts school.

Suzanne

Brewton-Parker College is not comparable to other colleges. The experience here is much like walking into a new family. Students do not feel like they have left their families behind but instead gained a new one. You will not find a campus more open and caring about one another than Brewton-Parker. Students and teachers are always talking and building relationships. The teachers want the students to succeed in the classroom, on the field, and in their spiritual walk with Jesus.

Dj

Brewton Parker is a great school to attend. You also have to be disciplined because if you do not study, being in sports and having classes at the same time will cause you to miss something. It helps to have study groups as we did in high school and i wish our college would have this time for all athletes to study together so that if someone is missing or falling short the rest of the team could chip in and help.

Autumn

I love Brewton-Parker College. I love the Christian aspect that they have. If I ever need any guidance from any faculty or staff, I trust that they will give me the right guidance and keep it confidential. I feel that most college faculty lack relationships with students. I am thankful for the relationships I have with my professors at Brewton-Parker College.

Sydney

Brewton-Parker College is a small private Christian college. The academics here can be challenging, the professors are extremely intelligent and very helpful, the food is great, and the people are amazing. Due to Brewton-Parker being a very small school almost everybody knows everybody. You become extremely close friends with the people around you. The faculty cares deeply about the students and strives to make sure they are thriving academically. The love and acknowledgment of God in the school is quite strong. The school promotes Christ and exhibits His love. I am proud to be a part of Brewton-Parker College. The heart of this school is pure and genuine. The people here want students to truly succeed in their academics and grow in their relationship with Christ.