Bethpage, NY
Briarcliffe College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Briarcliffe College

I love this school but its very expensive wish they had more ways to help you pay for school and would be less expensive for students they need to do something else about helping students that cant be able to pay school when financial aid cant help anymore

Take it serious. I was young and silly like many high school seniors. Adjusting to being in the real world and starting to become an adult was a challenge. My college freshman year GPA was proof to show for it. I probably would have taken the whole high school to college transition a lot more seriously if I was given the opportunity to have a sit down with a current Briarcliffe College freshman or sophomore discussing what to expect. I suggest setting that meeting up, if the option is available.

When I attended Briarcliffe College, I rememember the scheduling being very flexible. I was able to work full-time, go to school full-time and particpate on the college bowling team. It was a huge help in letting me study to earn my degree, work to cover my cost of living and occasionally have some fun with the college's sport team.

I believe it would be very difficult for a non structured person to attend Briarcliffe College. I rememeber my freshman year of college struggling to be organized. College being a completely different world than high school, took some time to adjust. I finally got into the swing of things the end of my freshman year and I'm glad because now I am a very organized and structured individual. If someone doesn't like that kind of lifestyle, they may have severe difficulties attending Briarcliffe College.

Kathy

I like the fact that it is a smaller school and I am learning a lot and really enjoying learning. I like that I can take on-line classes as well as classes on the campus as well. It is a great school that academically fits me perfectly. It is hard and I am learning and enjoying it at the same time and I am happy about my GPA although I would like to get a 4.0

I would definitely emphasize how important it is to be a good student and continue forward with a college education. It has been what I have told my children. 4 out of 5 of my children have gone on to college. My middle son at the age of 21 and much lecturing finally joined the army. College is an extremely important part of a young person's life. In my life I was never encouraged to go to college. In my children's life I emphasized that college was not an option. After high school you continue on to college. I wish I had the same prodding by my parents. Life after high school is college. For me I realized it is never too late to go to college. At the age of 48 I decided to go to college and I truly cannot believe how much I love it. Originally I was going to get my Associates now I definitely want to pursue my Masters. I am so happy I made the right choice.

Small but big enough classes, 20 -25 students and I am learning and enjoying it. I can't believe I actually like learning.

Miguel

My first and foremost advice is to speak to someone at a campus and see what they are offering, because the biggest shock to me was how fast I actually got it all done and what they offered. One of my concerns beforehand was the time it would take, because I was already working full time at 18 and wasn't sure how schooling would affect that. The key is just sacrificing a little bit of time and attending straight through the summer which locks in tuition costs. My only other concern was the tuition itself so I would advise speaking to the administrative and financial aid departments to see what they have available as far as scholoarships and eligibilities. Even placement exams give a student a possible scholarship depending on how well they do, which I lucked. There are also outside scholarships a person can research. The last thing that made up my mind was that even working full time, without schooling it seemed like I was just making ends meat. It was at this point when I decided that it would be better to just go to school and have a career in something than none at all.

Honestly, the biggest thing that struck me was how fast it all went. Each class is a couple months and before you know it you have a degree. In my case I started a few years late after high school, and am finishing my 4-year degree, under 3 years. Had I know the time flew by so fast I would have just jumped in years ago and I would say to those who are hesitant for whatever reason to just do it and get it over with because it really does go by in the blink of an eye.

A better question is why wouldn't anyone attend this school. It was local to where I live and the night hours were convenient with my working hours. They offered what classes I needed, whether on campus or on-line. The professors were straight forward how they wanted work done and the classes weren't overbearing size wise so there was a realationship between professors and students. My teachers knew me on a first name basis so people who don't want that kind of realtionship wouldn't want to attend Briarcliffe.

Melissa

You shouldn't attend this school if you're uncomfortable being surrounded by people of different ethnicities. You also have to be very self motivated and be willing to do work outside of class to be successful when you graduate.

Anyone who prefers having flexibility in their schedule and classes. Its not very expensive compared to other colleges and you still get the same education. The class size is usually from 15-30 people so the learning is very hands on.

There's really nothing to worry about. Most of the kids are in the same financial situation as you and everyone is very welcoming to new students. The coarse work is moderate but as long as you try and make an effort theres honestly nothing at this college to hold you back. This school puts a lot of responsibility on the student as far as choosing the coarses and making sure you take the appropriate amount of credits, but the financial aid department and student services are always right there for you when you need them. Its not hard to get in contact with the higher-ups and I've been able to schedule special events and make a difference in the college community. Make sure you stay self-motivated though to stay at the top.

Ian

My classmates are very interesting and eager to learn what is being taught by a well-experienced professor.

I would say that they will have to find a college that best suits them. They need to know first the tuition. The tuition needs to be at a good price for your money. You don't want to pay a lot of cash for little education. Next would be the different varity of college courses. I mean if you are someone that likes al lot of things to do in, a college with loads of different courses will do you good. You also need to know what is the professor to student ratio. You don't want to seat in a class fullof students and you are recognized as a number or letter. And finally you just need to find a college that best fits you comfort. You need to be at the best condition to learn, socialize and simply to be YOURSELF!!

I tell them that it's the best school in new york. How everyone gets along (which is actually true) and theres no hating on anyone. There is help if students need it and other school assessments if necessary. i will also tell them that my school is on a very green lawn and the environment ids nice and beautiful. That the school has everything a college student needs to succeed in college.

Carolyn

My classmates are very diverse.

My classmates are very diverse.

My advice is to do lots of research, visit the campus and ask attending students what they think of the campus. I would also suggest that the perspective student spend some time on campus to get a feel for the atmosphere.

The best thing about my school is the flexibility. For a working full time mother, I am able to complete 12 credits in a semester since it is broken up into two eight week sessions.

Jacqueline

My college allows people who have to work and take care of their familys an ablitiy to do so and go to school. They help you as much as you need.

My advise to parents/students would have to be, school is the most important time of your life. And it is understandable that everyone has things in there life that we think are worse than everyone else. So make the right choice for you. Find a school that you can handle and try not to bit off more than you can chew. Good Luck

A person that should not attend this school , is a person who doesnt really want to be their.

Briarcliffe College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.