Centre College Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for Centre College

Dakota

Centre College is regarded as the best college in the state of Kentucky. Academically, I agree. There are several intelligent students and the professors are well-versed in multiple subjects, not just in their area of interest. Also, the professors have plenty of time to meet with students and will try their best to work around student schedules in order to meet. My chemistry professor even takes time out of his weekends to have review sessions before major tests! Centre also tries to ensure that every student has a chance to study abroad, whether for a whole semester, for their three-week January term, or for the summer. They help pay for the semester trips, but I think some of the January and summer trips are worth the extra payment. It is even possible to intern during the summer with some of the professors, and receive credit for doing so. Aside from the academics, there is not much to say about Centre. For example, I love food. I could eat all day long every day. The problem at Centre? The food in the Centre cafeteria is not the best, and there is little variety. Eggs, bacon, maybe sausage, fruit, biscuits for breakfast. Pizza, salad, cereal, and not much more for lunch. However, they usually have some pretty good desserts, such as cookies, cakes, pies, and more. Additionally, the cafeteria is a buffet, so one can get as much food as one wants. There is no doubt that students will find friends. The social groups at Centre tend to intermingle, and so students have a wide range of friends. In high school, as is stereotypical, athletes tend to hang out with athletes, the "nerdy" kids hung out together, and so on. But at Centre, these groups mix and, even if you can tell who is an athlete or who would be the nerdy kid, the environment doesn't allow for the stereotypes to appear. Overall, I like Centre, and although it's tough depending on your schedule, I know that attending this school will be beneficial for the success of my future.

Jack

I have no reason to regret choosing to attend Centre. There are plenty of things to do, plenty of people to meet, and plenty of work to do for class. My experience here will benefit my future both socially and professionally. Centre was absolutely the right choice for me.

Attending Centre college is the opportunity of a lifetime. The class sizes are perfect, the professors always take time to care for your individual needs, and the opportunities provided to the students all aim to prepare us for the real world. Centre college is not only a place of high quality education but also an institution deserving of great respect.

Sabah

It is a small school and has a small school feel, which is good if that is what you are looking for. It means that your professors are very invested in you and have an opportunity to get to you you. Overall, I enjoy the academic environment, as it is a very academically challenging school.

Audrey

Centre cCollege is an excellent choice for those looking for a liberal arts degree. With over 60% of students studying abroad, and accessible faculty and staff, the opportunities for students are abundant to broaden their career goals or intellectual capacity.

Keisha

Beautiful campus. Small town and everything is close together. This

Anna

I really enjoy being at Centre College. All the classes I have taken are interesting and somewhat challenging but most importantly, they make me think. The only con I is that a lot of people are in-state or from nearby. They went to high school together and have established groups. It is not too hard to fit in though, you just have to get involved.

Jesus

Centre College is a very academic and student friendly school. I was born and raised in New York, where the city legit does not sleep. Going to school all the way to Kentucky was a big move and I did not feel prepared. When I arrived at Centre, the vibe I got was friendly and was not afraid to get out of my comfort zone. I began making friends, getting involved with extracurricular activities and clubs. Within these clubs, I met many people including staff and other upperclassmen. Centre College was a very safe space, of course with some students who did not particularly follow that. Other those students, Centre is a very good school and I would recommend this school to anyone thinking of a liberal arts school and who want to step out of their comfort zone. Although Centre is in Kentucky, you will fall in love with the environment and find Centre as your second home.

Nahum

I have visited Centre College on two different occasions and fell In-love on both visits! I felt as if it were a home that i could stay at for 4 years. I'm an athlete who is going to get the best education while playing football. The arts amazed me, Centre college Norton center for the arts was amazing.

Centre is an amazing place to be! While the food may not always be the best, there are plenty of friends that you could go to an assortment of restaurants with. The staff goes above and beyond to ensure that you understand the content they are teaching and that you are doing okay. I have been to all of my professor's homes and have their numbers so that I can reach out to them at any time. Centre is very welcoming and inviting to all students on its campus.