Marietta, GA
Chattahoochee Technical College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Chattahoochee Technical College

REGINA

The advise I would give myself, knowing what I know now about college life is persereverance, and trust in yourself, the best yet to come, college life is the beginning of a new era, where you will find innovative, interesting,exciting people who will bring out the best in you. you will make it, it is challenging but thats is what is needed to make you who you are destined to be.Forget all the distractions you are getting from arround you, always have a back- up plan, pay attention to maths formulars, know your metric table by heart. Learn to be a critical thinker, learn to manage a reading schedule. learn how to research from other resources such as librairies, online search, that can help you understand more about what you are studying. you are on a right path, and if you continue in the same thriving spirit of success, you will be a great help to the community and to thousands of lives.

The best thing about my school is the one-on-one,hands on deck experience and attention the Proffessors offer us as students. For example, during a class room session you did not understand a certain topic , the proffessors are willing and would even encourage you to sit down with them after the class inorder to explain the topic. Moreover, they encourage students to send emails using the school emailing system to reach out to students.

The kind of person that shouldn't attend this school is someone who is not willing to take their education seriously and has given up completely about his goals in life.

JeDarius

I wouldn't necessarily say that Chattahoochee Tech is unique compared to other colleges, but I could probably say that it is different in its functinality. Given that Chat Tech is a technical college, it's different because its programs are spread out, having each campus focus on specific programs. Having program-specific campuses however, may not be ideal for some. I believe that Chattahoochee Tech is a good college in some aspects, but given that its programs are campus-specific, I recommend this school only to those close enough to the campus that provides their desired program of choice.

If I could go back to my senior year and talk to myself, my advice would be to find financial aid and to focus on developing my art skills. The most important and simple advice about financial aid I would give myself would be to apply. Applying for financial aid is probably the most important step in continuing your education. Unfortunately, I spent a lot of time after I graduated looking for jobs for the summer, which at the time were in very short supply. So applying for financial aid would be the number one advice I would have to give my past self because no with scholarships and grants, I wouldnt be able to attend college. The second best advice I would give myself would be to develope my artistic skills. Knowing that I want to get into video game art and design, I would go back and tell myself to develop my skill to the point where I could provide a college with a high quality portfolio and explain that even though my academic grades were a little below average, with a good portfolio, the chances of getting into a good art school were slighly better

I don't brag about my school. In fact, I intend to transfer colleges before the summer ends. To be honest, I find little about Chattahoochee Tech worth bragging about. In fact, I would actually try to deter people from attending. The only thing I could probably praise Chatt Tech about is the projected low tutition cost depending on your program, but otherwise, there's nothing particularly bad or good about the school. Personally, however, one occuring problem I've faced a few times is misinformation or lost documents at the Marietta, GA campus financial aid and student help desks.

SandranettaNellum

Knowing what I know now about college, I would go back in time and tell myself that it is not as hard as high-school teachers repeatedly say it is, and to not worry. To focus on what each teacher wants because each teacher is different. Some do not care if you are extremely late, and some are very strict on tardiness. Some give many assignments, and others just lecture and give tests. I would also tell myself that as a student in college, one must take core classes before taking classes directly related towards the intended major, but to not be discouraged with this information because their will be interesting and attention-getting classes ahead. And college is to be enjoyed, and not stressed about, for it is a place to experience many different career opportunities and pathways, which ultimately leads to the discovery of the right one that fits the soul and its personality.

The person that should attend this school should be interested in acquiring an in-depth trade or skill that involves technical professions such as Computer Sciences, Automative Services, and Healthcare, but one could also obtain great knowledge and training in Criminal Justice, Cosmetology, and Culinary Arts.

The most frustrating trait of my school used to be its lack of student activities, and a huge percentage of older students, which outweighed the younger students. Another annoyance was its lack of classes towards nursing and other technical professions, but now since it has merged with North Metro Technical College and Appalachian Technical college, there are a lot more classes and campuses. There is also a bigger student base with more diverse people. The only fault I can think of now is how small and quaint my campus looks, and how service around the school can be slow.

TORY

I Would tell myself to not stress. It's not as hard as you think, you will enjoy the expirence and make friend that will last a life time. Your family will support you more than you know. Prepare to do your work on time , that can be the difference between an A and a B. It will be a little different than high school, but in a good way. Actually easier so just make sure you get us here and i'll take over from there. Oh yeah save up for the books now cause they are going to cost later.

This school is very laid back, the class rooms are small so you can get personal with your instructors and not feel like a number. Most of the staff are helpful and friendly. You are able to set your schedule and go to school around your terms. It is a very student oriented school meaning that you control what days you go to school. the time of day that fits you, and even the campus. This college has seven campuses with different courses being offer at each, so if you perfer you can attend multiple campuses during one semester.

That's a tuff one. I guess you could say the books are expensive but thats all colleges. Maybe we could have a better looking mascot. "we are the owls "

Carter

Don't be so arrogant! Set your goals and work HARD to get the job done. Believe in yourself as much as others believe in you. Don't get distracted by fun and games. Learn how to fly and then solo!

The office hours of the college administration do not accomodate students that work full time or hours that do not allow them to speak with staff about matters with their classes. E-mail is not always effective with this school.

It is cost efficient! Because there are fewer fees that are lower cost than the local four year universities, the cost of attending my school is cheaper.

L.

I love uniqie and different people, places, and things.

I love uniqie and different people, places, and things.

If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior. I would have participated in more school activities. Don't be so quick in wanting to graduate in a hurry. I wish I would of been more social and outgoing. I wished I would of had some type of inspiration in knowing what I wanted to be and do in life.

I enjoy small class sizes.

Javon

Knowing what I know now about college life, I would tell my self as a high school senior to take AP courses to avoid the basic classes in college. To never give up when a situation arises and to apply for all the scholarships that you can. Do not fall for girls in college some of them try to get you in trouble and unfocus on the task at hand. Apply yourself and do be afraid to speak up to ask for help as well as when comes to life. It is not easy in out the world, you have to struggle at first to become successful. Build yourself to become a leader and not a follower, and read as must as possible.

Before I came to this school, I wish I had known about Chattahoochee Tech before I went to Morehouse College. Chattahoochee Tech has everything I need for growth in the technical world. Morehouse is awsome college that teach values and certain aspects of life that you will need on a day to day experience. But going to Chattaoochee Tech allowed me to gain the experience at accelerated growth on technical knowledge with their broking down in quarters.

When I talk to my friends, I will brag about the most is the experience I gain at my school. I would tell them that they should go to this school because everything is there that you passably need. Especaily their nursing progam, since majority of my friends are applying for the nursing field. Majority of the students I meet at Chattahoochee are nursing majors. I would also mention to them about a scholarship that help to go to school which a definite guaranteed.

Angelica

Start as soon as possible on college scholarships, and grants to help cover college expenses. It adds up after considering tuition, textbooks, supplies, student fees, club fees, mandatory fees, living expenses, room and board. Being a first generation college student is harder than it looks, however you'll enjoy experiencing new thinks in the "College Life" everyone talks about. Balance your time between academic responsibilities and social networking. See ya, in about three years!

Not having a good student, instructor ratio.

Not receiving Financial Aid funds until well into the quater.

Janelle

I would tell myself to have a better balance of enjoying life while furthering my education. I have been so dedicated to only my school work that I've let too many of the obstacles that come along with furthering my education, like finances, overpower the joy that comes along with growing as a young adult!

The tuition costs are low because the school is part of the GA technical school system.

There isn't a very wide selection of available degree programs because of the limited number of staff available.

Hope

If I could talk to my "high school senior" self, I would recommend to save money. Although Georgia has the HOPE program to help pay for tuition, not much assistance is available for books. College Textbooks are outrageously priced! I would also tell my "high school senior" self to NEVER purchase books from the campus bookstore, and rent textbooks rather than purchase them. Another piece of advice I would offer myself is to never take a quarter/semester off. It is so hard to get back into school once you have taken a hiatus. Just stay full time until you are done.

It is very flexible is so many ways. There are multiple programs of study to choose from. Also, Chattahoochee has recently merged with two smaller technical colleges, so now they have multiple campuses to suit the needs of students all over Atlanta and North Georgia. Students also have the option of attending multiple campuses at one time. If a class is not offered at the campus you are acustomed to, you can easily enroll for a class on a different campus.

To tell the truth, the parking. The campus that I attend in Acworth, Georgia added a new building last year. It is FAR away from the main campus, too far to park on the main campus and walk to the new building. To add to it, they didnt add a parking lot when they added a new building. There are only a few spots to park in. Everyone has to park on the side of the road just to attend class.

Chattahoochee Technical College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.