Eureka, CA
College of the Redwoods

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend College of the Redwoods

Christine

I love everything about CR. Wether you are a multiple year returning student or a first time, they are there to hell you with everything you need! There are multiple different programs to help students succeed in whatever their goals are. As well as disability student support services to help in anyway need be.

Autumn

It's a very good school and I have thoroughly enjoyed my experience thus far. I am currently in my third semester and have had many supporting and helpful teachers work to make my education accessible and possible. I am highly appreciative of the opportunity I have had by attending College of the redwoods and am excited for all future semesters​ to come and classes to attend.

Gabby

The campus is amongst the forest so the air is clean and transportation by bus is accessible in Humboldt if you do not have a car. If you schedule your classes right you'll have plenty of time to hit up a bathroom before going to class. Everyone that I have met is friendly, and if I have a question to ask, all of the workers are prepared to answer. It's obvious that college of the redwoods is a good place to start your educational career, whether you want a quick degree or transferable credits to Humboldt University.

Precious

College of the Redwoods is a place to learn in the quiet. Its surroundings are spacious and involve a whole lot of nature. You're surrounded by Redwoods Trees and the fresh scent of nature. The staff and directors are all nice and very welcoming-- not to mention, they remember faces! All of the students there are kind and friendly, make sure to say hi! Most of us are quiet though.

Abigail

I have studied at this college for about 3 years now. College of the Redwoods has its ups and downs, I can tell you that. The courses are relatively easy to get into and most are easy to keep high grades in. The major downside to College of the redwoods is that it always has at least one building or area marked off for construction that will never get done.

It is a very small community college with a home like feel in the classrooms. You never feel out of place or unwelcome here. The school does not have sports but you can join other groups to feel involved. Over all I have learned a lot so far and really enjoy the professors knowledge of their subjects.

Matthew

College of the Redwoods is set in the heart of Humboldt county California. The college actually has several sites besides its main campus for greater accessibility to education for the masses. Certificate education, transfer credit, and AA's are available. The campus has a liberal free to it. The main campus is surrounded by redwoods and is 10 minutes away from the beach. The campus is safe at night, however bears, mountain lions, and the occasional nocturnal creature have been scene lurking about. The classroom sizes are small to medium with about 30 student per class. A full range of classes are available including; the arts and sciences, nursing, forestry, public safety, dental assisting, and early childhood education. Certificated are available in real estate, EMT, truck driving, welding, and CAD. The schools most advertised sports are football and basketball, but we also have soccer, volleyball, and cheerleading. There seems to be a place for anyone who wants to earn an education at College of the Redwoods you just have to ask. Our counseling and advising department is top notch and quite accessible for help with individuals educational plan. Our cafeteria is not the greatest. They often run out of many items, however the meals made in house are delicious. I would recommend College of the Redwoods to anyone who save money while getting a quality education. The college is tuition free and charges by the unit. It's set in a beautiful area with many wonders to explore. Come see.

Caitlin

A majority of my classmates consist of either older adults seeking a second education or high school graduates who are not ready to begin college at a university.

I decided in high school to attend a community college before transferring to a 4-year university because I thought it would be simple. I did not forsee so many difficulties with transferring. Many of the courses I have completed are non-transferrable and several courses that are required for me to transfer are not available to me at my campus. I would tell my "high school self" to aim for a 4-year University immediately after graduation.

Students seeking to complete an AA degree or general education requirements for a University should attend this school.

Rebekah

Oh to be a high school senior again, the drama, the simple task of sitting through class and not having to do much to pass. If I had the chance to go back in time and see myself as a high school senior there are many things that I would tell myself. For one, I would warn about how my parents were right and how different college is to high school. I would stress the fact that studying in high school was a stepping stone and practice for the real studying that was to come. I would have myself make better choices in the ways I spent my time and the courses that I took, throughout my senior year I took a few college classes. Unfortunatly I did not have the discipline to pay attention and pass the classes. Most I dropped and was able to get away with it, but if I had the chance I would tell myself to try harder and not give up just because one part of the class was hard. Studying, working harder, paying attention and doing my best would be the best pieces of advice that I could possibly give myself.

Any person can attend this school, the only person who should not register for classes are those who are not willing to take the classes seriously. Just becuase we are a smaller college does not mean that we are not there for the same education as those at a bigger school.

The school I attend has small class sizes where the professor is able to have more one on one time with each student. The staff of College of the Redwoods are friendly and willing to help you with what ever problem you have. While our selection of classes is limited compared to the bigger school, those offered and well taught and meet University needs.

Brian

College of the Redwoods allows the students to interact closely with the professors. The number of labs, student help centers, and tutoring available really influenced my consideration of the school. The College does its best to bring the professors to the students, so the students have the best possible chance to succeed. It is always very easy to either find your professor or email the professor and they will answer whatever questions you have. College of the Redwoods does whatever they can to help you move forward in your college career.

I would tell my former self to decide now exactly what your major would be, and then once you are accepted look at the institution's major requirement and make an ed plan. By doing that, I wouldn't have wasted time and money on classes I didn't need, I would be getting my degree sooner, and I would have more options for my future. I would tell myself to not ride the fence, but to make decisions, because decisions will take you places, but riding the fence gets you nowhere.

People who want to slowly ease themselves into the college life. This community college is very hands-on, and the students work closely with the professors in order to begin the road of college life. This school doesn't have all the bells and whistles of a four-year institution, but it does fit the needs of a student who is just out of high school. This school is right for the person who wishes get used to college life before they jump to a four-year institution.

College of the Redwoods administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.