Columbia Basin College Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for Columbia Basin College

emily

It is a great school for a community college. I love how close it is to home. The one thing I find frustrating is the parking lot because there isn't enough parking for everybody. I once drove around for half an hour to find a spot. Other than the parking it is a great school with awesome professors.

Ashlee

If you're in high school it's a great school to do running start but if you are getting out of high school and a social person I wouldn't suggest the school. There is not much interaction outside or the class unless you already have friends that attend CBC.

Columbia Basin College is a great school for smaller class sizes, lower tuition rates, and dependability. Some students have a hard time with this college, but I personally have not had any troubles. This school is hard to find parking at, but if you arrive earlier than class starts, you can usually find a parking spot.

Maria

Many doors to other colleges were shut to me but CBC welcomed me with their arms wide open. The first time I stepped on campus I had no idea where I was or where I needed to go. Luckily a friendly face approached me and went out of her way to walk me to where I needed to be. This was one of the many special encounters I would come across in my first year. Columbia Basin College has given me the greatest opportunity of a life time and that is to be the first person of my family to attend college. I have meet life long friends and skills I will use for the rest of my life. In various other colleges they lack the sense of unity and diversity. At CBC one can find all sorts of clubs that apply to a certain area of interest. Whether it is academically or situations in life, CBC pairs every student to a counselor or adviser according to their needs. Their mission is to uphold an environment of diversity , fairness, and equity. I am proud to be part of the hawk family at Columbia Basin College that is why I am so passionate about its resources and opportunities it offers.

Tess

Columbia Basin College is an affordable way to get a great education. The teachers are great and the campus is small but nice. There is now on campus housing that is extremely affordable, and the food is cheap and good. I would recommend this college to anyone that wants to get an AA transfer.

Wonderful campus with active and caring staff and faculty. Great learning environment. Local area in rapid growth. Constantly adding more degrees and classes. Student body very respectful of the campus. Art gallery for students and special guests has art classrooms on second floor.

Leia

I feel that it is a great environment to go and get your education, and if you want to get involved with sports you can! I feel that professors are extremely helpful, and they want you to succeed. Almost every professor gives you their office hours to come get help if it’s needed!

Arielle

My opinion on Columbia Basin College is that they are a very good school. They communicate with their students to make sure they are on the right path with their major. They help anyone who is in need of help. The campus is very pretty and classroom are good size classrooms.

Emigh

My overall opinion of this college is fairly good. I enjoy the class sizes as we get a good amount of one on one time with any professor. The professors are also very open to helping out and let us know that their office hours are there for a reason. The actual campus is a good size and it is not horribly confusing like some colleges.

M

If you are currently working, take EXTREME care as to what teacher you pick. Some do not support students who work, and believe that all jobs are equal and have equal impact. And that work and children do not count as valid excuses for exceptions to take a test early or have it proctored. So if you have a job that can spring an extremely important project , do not attend as not all teachers will understand that you have a job and have to make a living.

Columbia Basin College is a community college that is an amazing first step into college life after high school. If you're looking to save money and start college without being at huge university, this is the place to be. Professors keep regular office hours and are always an e-mail away if you ever need anything from them. There's a huge variety of classes to choose from, though they could expand the courses to fit a more diverse variety, Clubs are a big deal on campus ranging from Diversity Club to Active Minds, from Anthropology Club to an Environmental Club. As well as all this, there are constant opportunities for you to network as a student. I'm extremely grateful I got to start off here at CBC.

Mackenzie

Overall, Columbia Basin College has been a great place to receive my pre-reqs. I have participated in the Running Start program, and they have been very understanding and helpful to high school students. There is a great atmosphere at this school.

Britania

Its a pretty good school. Some of the buildings are really old and smell of dust, but overall there are plenty of resources on campus. They are pretty lenient academic wise like a 2.8 grade point average could still get you into the honor roll. The professors are hit and miss as some love their jobs but others seem to be always sick somehow.

Bryan

CBC is a good starting point for any student of any background to get ahead and learn more about what they want to study. The people there help you with everything you need and will do whatever it takes to help you be successful in class and for your future.

Anabel

Overall Columbia Basin College is an alright community college. Besides a few exceptions most of the professors I had were excellent. They made the lectures engaging and fun while also conveying all the relevant information we need, and a little more. CBC offers a large variety of degrees not just two year degrees but also 4 year degrees, and they continue to add more. They offer financial aid and many scholarships throughout the year along with book assistance and book buy back events.

aspen

Columbia Basin is a good campus with decent teachers. After getting my AA there I would say I know my way around well and know which professors will be good and who won't. I focused mostly on nursing pre-requisites, which included a lot of science and math. The teachers that are there now, most of them have been there for years. They are good about offering extra credit and don't mind meeting outside of the classroom to help with any questions you may have. Columbia Basin College has a little "hang out" area called "The HUB" where there is a lot of tables and a little cafe for students to hang out in around their class times. They have always seemed to do a really good job of reaching out to students, offering free pizza days and a lot of activities for students to meet new people and get involved. The school seems to be thriving. They have remodeled and added a few new large buildings. Because of where the school is located here in WA, and the relationship it has with some of the surrounding companies, we get a lot of technology donated that most schools in Eastern WA aren’t lucky to have. Overall I really liked going to school here. There is a very large variety of classes, good class sizes, and all the teachers that I had seemed to care about me succeeding. Not only that but, I met a lot of new people. One of the girls I met has become a good friend and is going to be my roommate during nursing school!

I have had a good experience at Columbia Basin College, but I have had some professors that have not been great communicators. I have also met excellent proffessors. Parking is something that students constantly complain about but overall it's a good college.

Marvella

My overall opinion is that this college is honestly not as bad. Columbia Basin College has many programs that help students develop better understanding of certain subjects and help pay for tuition, gas money, and tutoring. Everyone is super friendly and help out. The counselors provided help out with financial aid and how to apply for the upcoming quarter.

It is a good school, the staff is very friendly and helpful. It has saved me money so I can earn my transfer degree and move onto a 4 year university. I have meet a lot of new people and great friends. The fall of 2017 it will be offering on campus housing which will help students that are attending from other parts of the state.

Caitlin

I love running start here and the professors are very easily accessed and willing to help. The cost is not too over the top and the advisors are very helpful when needed. I feel safe during the day on campus however I would probably not take a night class.

Jose

I think this school is wonderful and has lots of benefits for those who can't afford a prestigious university or college. You can get a good boost into your desired major by coming here very good at saving you time and money. The campus isn't the biggest but if you like small to medium this is the right place for you.

Angela

Most community colleges are frowned upon. However, there are a variety of opportunities to not only explore your interests, but to also learn and grow as well at Columbia Basin College (CBC). The staff is kind, friendly, and always willing to help in some shape or form. The best instructors I've had took place in CBC as they genuinely care about their students' success and do everything they can to help. Because of CBC, I've been given the opportunity to work on campus where I've learned a variety of skills in a short amount of time. CBC is an excellent place to build your social network as there are many like-minded people along with extracurricular activities. CBC may not be a four year university, but I consider it one of the best affordable schools one can attend!

Vanesa

columbia basin college is a great school to start off in to aquire your AA degree. the staff is friendly, the students are eager to learn and it has a great learning atmosphere. highly recommend CBC to everyone. it is a great and i would never regert coming to cbc.

Anissa

I love Columbia Basin College. My experience at this school over the last two years has been unforgettable and I enjoyed it even when it got tough. Professors are great but others are very tough on you and make it difficult to pass. CBC has done so much for me and I am very grateful to attend because it is a great school and a great community.

This school is a great alternative to knocking out part of your degree without having to pay university tuition rates. The staff is very knowledgeable in their department and are always willing to help you out when you need it. Between the different professors there are a variety of opinions and viewpoints given in each class on an academic level, which is nice if you like diversifying your perspective. Classes are quarterly so it makes it easy if you're working your way through college and need to take breaks every now and then. There are also a lot of education-to-job opportunities offered within the medical industry departments (such as dentistry and nursing). My absolute favorite part about this school however is the diversity of students. Throughout my college experience I shared my classes with high school students, single parents, business professionals, and even 80 year old retired folks. It is a very inclusive enviroment filled with people who just want a proper education. So if you want to go to a school that 'keeps it real', try this place.

Buffy

The best education I've received so far! The campus is incredibly laid back and the staff is focused on reducing stress, and encouraging wholesome fun for the people there with events such as rock climbing, laser tag, graduation cap decorating, snake petting, and all sorts of things. There's not much in the way of art majors, (you can only take an art appreciation degree there that I know of), but the teachers are wonderful for the most part and the staff is incredibly understanding and friendly. It's a very inclusive space, and people aren't ashamed of themselves here.

Lilmae

Columbia Basin College is an excellent community college that gives many students the opportunity to get a quality education and earn their degree at a lower cost without sacrificing education standards or resources. Every professor I've met has been nothing but helpful and cares that all of their students succeed!

Livet

It is a great way to start off your education if your looking for somewhere small quiet safe and not intimidating like a huge university would be. A great jump start into a great career that I am looking forward to perusing thanks to what I will learn here .

Anna

It is a really nice college with activities being hosted for the students almost everyday. There are also many sports that you can join. And since the class sizes are small everyone gets a long well and interacts. The students and faculty are really kind and helpful especially with the new students. You can also get to most buildings with 5-6 minutes of walking at the most.

Jackelina

Columbia Basin is a beautiful school with beautiful people. The school has a lot of diversity and there are always different groups that are wanting to reach out and have the students join. Columbia basin is also very safe and friendly with teachers going above and beyond to ensure that students are understanding the material.

Isaac

I love this school it has allowed me to grow both academically and socially as well as allow me to create relationships and newfound interests among the amazing clubs and alumni. The campus is beautiful and peaceful for those chill study sessions to the exiting HUB events.

Becca

I feel as if Columbia Basin College is a smaller type of College which makes classroom sizes very nice, typically not having more than 30 people to a class. I have always found the professors, especially in the PSYC and CHEM departments very accessible outside the classroom and eager to help inside the classroom as well. I would highly recommend CBC as a starter college for a 2 or 4 year degree.

Rochelle

My overall opinion of Columbia Basin College is that it is a great place to study. The professors are extremely nice and great educators. I love how they are various places to simply do your homework or have group meetings with colleagues. Columbia Basin College allows freedom of expression and I like that the involvement of students in the campus activities are always fun and exciting to meet other people. I feel safe to go into any building alone knowing that this is a place where I can be comfortable in. The cafeteria is a great place to buy meals and the food is amazing! The H building is where I spend most of my time because it is a comfortable place to study, eat and go to the CBC bookstore if needed.

joy

I love that Columbia Basin College has small classes that allow students and professors to have more one on one time. The campus is a clean environment. The classrooms and outdoor areas are always clean. There is also trash bins to recycle paper and plastic. There is plenty of spaces indoors and outdoors to simply just study around campus. There is very good Wi-Fi that allows students to easily study and work on schoolwork. You can count on the school Wi-Fi to turn in many online homework on time. There is a school store where you can buy snacks and a kitchen from where you can buy meals. If you are not interested in the school’s food there are various coffee shops, gas stations and fast food restaurants nearby.

Madelynn

I'm only attending this school because it's the community college near my house that offers me a degree that can be easily transferred to any four year university. The school itself is just fine, but I've never made myself too involved because it's only a community college and it's not my final destination. There are lots of students who are all there trying to do their best to earn degrees of all kinds at all ages, and that's a really cool thing to see. For the most part, my classes have been engaging and my professors have all been exceptionally intelligent in their field and do an excellent job of teaching and making sure every student understands and is going to succeed. I have had some issues with the school trying to suck every last dollar from my bank account with fees and such, despite the fact that running start is supposed to be free. Also, despite the department wide rules that disclose what will be taught to every student, some teachers don't put as much care into their teaching as others. They move too quickly and are only willing to explain things in one way, and if you're too dumb to get it then too bad. That, thankfully, has not been a majority for me, which is why the school gets an overall 4 star rating from me.

Carlos

Columbia Basin College is a community college located in Pasco, Washington. It has a wide variety of classes and accredited programs to meet the vast amount of career aspirations that are there. If you need flexibility in your schedule CBC is the place as they have classes that start as early 6:50 in the morning to 9 at night. The tuition is very affordable and they have payment plans if you're unable to pay it all right away. CBC is a very diverse college that is made up of all kinds of ethnicities and ideologies. The students there take pride in their sports teams and their clubs which shows their school pride. So if you're looking for a place where the education is great, the tuition is affordable and the student body is involved, then CBC is the perfect place for you!

Ana

I really enjoy my time being at Columbia Basin College. I enjoy the outgoing people there is and how the faculty makes time to help their fellow students. Another thing is that the campus is very safe and I don't feel like I am in harm at all. Columbia Basin College is a great community college to begin your higher education.

Daisy

My overall opinion of Columbia basin college is it’s a very good college to go to for those who want to stay close to home. It is less expensive in taking your prerec classes here before you transfer to different college. They have excellent programs to help you out during the first year of college and help you transition into the next.

Valentina

With the time I have spent enrolled at Columbia Basin College, so far, I have enjoyed the experience. The class sizes can range from 25-30 (it all depends on what type of class it like a studio class or an Intro class). Professors are usually in their offices during their office hours and respond to their emails. From the times I haven't been able to make it during their office hours they've been willing to set time aside to meet at a later time.

Bethany

Overall I think for the price, Columbia Basin College definitely offers what it can. Classes are small in size ranging from 10 students to about 35 so communicating with professors is definitely not a hassle! Now naturally not all professors do what I feel like is their best in their subject areas or with the actual course requirements. But I without a doubt can say that the staff genuinely cares about the students and their students success.

Erice

CBC is great, some professors/instructors clearly don’t care and the quality of their work or the satisfaction and understanding or students. However I feel as though there will be professor/instructors like that at any school. The school itself wants the best for it’s students so that’s great.

Briseyda

Columbia Basin College is a good college. I am a running start student and i find this college very friendly towards running start students. All the people who work here are very helpful and friendly. If there any questions you have you can accsess the main office and they are very friendly and they help you with the questions you may have. Also you can access your teachers by canvas and it is very helpful. I would recomend this college.

Juan

My overall opinion is that I'm glad that i found a college that has the classes I need at a small price and not far away from where I live. I don't need to go to a big university for an expensive class while there's a school who has it at a small price.

Melissa

Columbia Basin College is a lovely community college that is able to provide good opportunities for all students to succeed. Due to being a community college, they lack some resources such as adequate professors that would allow students for better education.

Marielle

As a Running Start student, I believe that CBC has many opportunities for High School students. Although CBC is a community college, it does have some Bachelor programs. I am going to graduate with a AA Transfer Degree which allows me to transfer to a four-year University. Because I am able to transfer, this schools academics are through the roof.

Desirae

It was very hit or miss on classes and professors. Some were amazing and helped me so much by going above and beyond for their students and some were horrible and didn't give us the extra help or time of day that we needed. There are a lot of clubs to get involved in though so i did love that about this school. But parking is also a huge problem with the student housing and on campus. The is very little of it and i know quite a few people who continuously have to miss class because there is absolutely no parking.

Job

Columbia Basin College has changed drastically over the years to a point when I was younger I knew I didn't want to attend but with the many changes and academic opportunities it offers now. It is one the best colleges I've attended so far where learning is the main goal for attending at this college.

Brielle

I really enjoy attending this college. All the teachers care about your future and want you succeed further then just their classroom. This college also has free tutoring to help with any class you need, and the teachers have certain office hours so you can go and see them after class if you have a questions. Everyone that I have met here has been so nice and welcoming. Since Columbia Basin College has relatively small class sizes, you really get to know your fellow students.