About Columbia College-Hollywood

Founded in 1952, Columbia College-Hollywood. is a college. Located in California, which is a city setting in California, the campus itself is Urban. The campus is home to 367 full time undergraduate students, and 0 full time graduate students.

The Columbia College-Hollywood Academic calendar runs on a Other basis. In the school year the student to faculty ratio was 11:1. There are 3 full time instructional teachers. Degrees awarded at Columbia College-Hollywood include: Bachelor's Degree, Masters Degree, Post-master's certificate, Doctor's degree.

Quick Facts

Acceptance Rate54%
Application Deadline
Application Fee50
SAT Range
ACT Range

Admissions at are considered Selective, with ,1% of all applicants being admitted.

In the school year, of the students who applied to the school, only 19 of those who were admitted eventually ended up enrolling.

0% of incoming freshmen are in the top half of their high school class. 0% were in the top quarter, and 0% were in the top tenth. You can apply online.

STUDENT LIFE

We asked, and students answered these important questions about student life at Columbia College-Hollywood.

Columbia College-Hollywood REVIEWS

Write a review, Enter to win $1,000 Scholarship
  • How would you rate on-campus housing?

9 Students rated on-campus housing 1.9 stars. 0 % gave the school a 5.0.

• How would you rate off-campus housing?

8 Students rated off-campus housing 3.5 stars. 0 % gave the school a 5.0.

• How would you rate campus food?

9 Students rated campus food 2.4 stars. 11 % gave the school a 5.0.

• How would you rate campus facilities?

12 Students rated campus facilities 4 stars. 33 % gave the school a 5.0.

• How would you rate class size?

12 Students rated class size 4.7 stars. 67 % gave the school a 5.0.

• How would you rate school activities?

12 Students rated school activities 2.4 stars. 8 % gave the school a 5.0.

• How would you rate local services?

12 Students rated local services 4 stars. 50 % gave the school a 5.0.

• How would you rate academics?

12 Students rated academics 4.2 stars. 50 % gave the school a 5.0.

What's your overall opinion of Columbia College-Hollywood?

10 Students rated Columbia College-Hollywood

Tia

I greatly appreciate everything I have learned at Columbia College Hollywood, because I am able to grasp the true meaning of film and how important it is to be diverse in the world of TV and Film production. It's truly inspiring. I'd rather attend a school that focuses on the importance of education than one that is geared towards notoriety.

Jordan

Columbia College Hollywood has a Friendly creative vibe that encourages students to be creative off campus. The faculty members give advice to help students prepare for the real world. Overall the experience is one that can be appreciated by everyone

Dallas

I've only been here for a quarter and I feel like I'm getting the hang of going to college. The teachers are helpful and present, the staff is wonderfully obliging and my fellow students are kind and courteous. Although some classes get off track, my fellow scholars and our educator somehow come full circle by tying in current events with the lesson. I am happy to be going to this school, and I hope to continue my study throughout the years.

Delenn

Columbia College Hollywood, or CCH, is like a second home. When I moved 8,000 miles away from my everybody I knew I was definitely nervous. I wasn't only starting fresh, but I didn't have an easy escape if things went wrong, because almost 24 hour travel times to get home are not something I'd be up to doing every weekend. In the end though I was really happy I happened upon this university in my searches. It may not be conventional, but it does take education seriously. I haven't had a class yet I haven't enjoyed, whether it be general education or major specific. I would happily and readily recommend this university to anyone looking to pursue a career in the Film/Hollywood industry.

Columbia College-Hollywood FAQS

1. What is the Acceptance Rate at Columbia College-Hollywood?

The fall 2020 acceptance rate for Columbia College-Hollywood is 54%. That means, out of _____ applications received in 2020 , _____ students were offered admission. The number of males who applied was _____ vs the number of females which was _____.

2. What should every freshman at your school know before they start?

I would've rethought my timing. Spacing everything out is the best idea. Everyone needs to learn time managment and if I known what I known now, I would've BEEN started applying for scholarships... non-stop. I would've started in summer of 2013.

3. What's the one thing you wish someone had told you about freshman year?

I wish I would have known how prepared and unprepared the finacial aid office is.

4. Describe how your school looks to someone who's never seen it.

A school determined to get as many students making films as possible, film making at my school is a requirement not a privaledge, it is extreamly encouaging and artistly freeing.

5. Describe the students at your school.

My school has a student body of about 500 and every single one of them know each others name and is their best friend.

6. Here's your chance: Say anything about your college!

this school is accelerated and offers online and night classes for working students with families.

7. What kind of person should attend this school?

A person that's dedicated to any aspect of film whether that's producing, camera operating, lighting, directing, anything. It's not a majorily expensive school so most of the middle class could attend this school.

8. Describe your favorite campus traditions.

Making films and getting job in the industry after graduation.

9. What's unique about your campus?

My school consentrates on film making, they have a fantastic editing facility in which they have upto date technology and alow the students to use it to there advantage.

10. What kind of person should not attend this school?

Those of whom love movies and wish to be apart of film making, this is a great school to attend. they have script writing, edting, cinematography, directing. everything you can possibly want to learn they have it.

11. What do you brag about most when you tell your friends about your school?

The hands-on experience and amount of knowledge and equipment is outstanding - I would not be able to do what I want to do or make movies anywhere else.

12. What's the most frustrating thing about your school?

having to do team work every class. i work well on my own and having to wait for others to participate is frustrating.

Student Body

Student Organizations

Fraternities

Sororities

Housing

of students living on campus

Student Diversity

% American Indian/Alaskan Native
% Asian/Pacific Islander
% Black or African-American
% Hispanic/Latino
% White or Caucasian

TUITION & AID

All students must apply yearly for financial aid. This process starts with the FAFSA. Though financial aid deadlines vary by school, it is a good idea to apply as soon as possible. For the upcoming school year, you can apply as early as October 1 for the FAFSA. Additional school aid will be dependent on the FAFSA results.

70% of students attending Columbia College-Hollywood receive some sort of financial aid. 51% were awarded federal grants. While 65% received federal loans. Many students do also need to apply for additional private student loans.

Cost Out of State

$21,105

Tuition and fees(Out of state)

$1,791

Books and Supplies

$12,492

Room and Board

35,388

Total On Campus

Actual Cost By Income Level(W/Financial Aid)

Family Income
$34,654
$110K & UP
$35,282

FIND SCHOLARSHIPS

Find your perfect match from over 3 million scholarships!

CAN YOU GET INTO Columbia College-Hollywood?

Complete your profile to see if this school is a fit for you, and what your chances of admitance are.