Columbia College-Hollywood Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for Columbia College-Hollywood

Netania

Columbia College Hollywood is a tightly knit school. The entire campus is littered with filming sets, cameras, equipment, scripts, books and professional movie posters to show off the faculties accomplishments as well as the students. CCH has some amazing teachers that are still in the Film and Television industry and they've taught us the true ins and outs of what happens on the set, working with production companies, actors, screenwriters, etc. Not every single teacher is fantastic but there is definitely more than a few hand fulls of knowledgeable teachers there. I came into this school knowing absolutely nothing about film, allIi knew was I love to write and I have a vision for my movies. In one year, CCH has properly taught me how to write a proper screenplay, understand film language and set etiquette and look at the finite details that normally go unnoticed that actually breathe such beautiful life into a movie, making it all the more powerful. Although the school is small it's littered with possibilities with major guest speakers coming in to talk to us and intern opportunities with major production companies and directors such as Tim Burton. CCH is an amazing school and it's becoming stronger each year. I'm proud to be a student at Columbia College Hollywood.

Maria

I love the school. I love the fact that every student is there to learn about the same things I am learning. Since it is such a small school, you get to meet a lot of people and make a lot of friends. I always feel safe at school. The teachers are great and really know what they are talking about. The classes are usually pretty small, so teachers always have time for students.

Mitchell

Columbia College is a charming and accommodating to the students needs. we are a small school but in the film industry this is a positive its easy to network find jobs and get involved. the best part over all has to be the teachers that make it a point to try and get there studies out and working in the industry.

Anthony

Columbia College Hollywood has to be one of the nicest colleges I've ever visited and attended. The student to teacher ratio is amazingly uncommon. Students get to speak with their professors all the time and the counselors are some of the most helpful and sincere people. The overall staff is great and inspiring. The classrooms have all the new tech and a library filled with works and movie scripts from across the world. The lounges, student centers, and patio cal and quiet; a great place to study. Columbia College Hollywood is an amazing school and I recommend everyone to be a part of this school.

I came out to Los Angeles because I knew with film I should have better opportunities. My college gives me so many great opportunities on and off campus. It just sucks that everything is so expensive I need a full time job and I'm a full time student. I never have time to participate asf much as I would love to.

Delenn

Columbia College Hollywood, or CCH, is like a second home. When I moved 8,000 miles away from my everybody I knew I was definitely nervous. I wasn't only starting fresh, but I didn't have an easy escape if things went wrong, because almost 24 hour travel times to get home are not something I'd be up to doing every weekend. In the end though I was really happy I happened upon this university in my searches. It may not be conventional, but it does take education seriously. I haven't had a class yet I haven't enjoyed, whether it be general education or major specific. I would happily and readily recommend this university to anyone looking to pursue a career in the Film/Hollywood industry.

Jordan

Columbia College Hollywood has a Friendly creative vibe that encourages students to be creative off campus. The faculty members give advice to help students prepare for the real world. Overall the experience is one that can be appreciated by everyone

Dallas

I've only been here for a quarter and I feel like I'm getting the hang of going to college. The teachers are helpful and present, the staff is wonderfully obliging and my fellow students are kind and courteous. Although some classes get off track, my fellow scholars and our educator somehow come full circle by tying in current events with the lesson. I am happy to be going to this school, and I hope to continue my study throughout the years.

Tia

I greatly appreciate everything I have learned at Columbia College Hollywood, because I am able to grasp the true meaning of film and how important it is to be diverse in the world of TV and Film production. It's truly inspiring. I'd rather attend a school that focuses on the importance of education than one that is geared towards notoriety.

Elyana

Columbia College Hollywood is an overall fantastic school. The class sizes are small and the professors are extremely easy to access. The school is rather small, but that makes it easier to network with other students and professors. The school makes sure that their students are very prepared for the workforce when they graduate.