Aurora, CO
Community College of Aurora

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Community College of Aurora

Adam

I am attending the film school on campus which has been fun as the faculty and students are very personable.

Clubs that aid students in finishing or perfecting school projects.

They are willing to share experience and resources.

They are very friendly and willing to help.

Bryant

My school is a place where you can futher your education if you can find an instructor that really cares about the students.

If I could go back in time to give some advice to myself it would be to take as many classes that are focused towards my carrer I want. I would tell myself to look into what collage I wanted to go ahead of time so that the transition can go smoothly. I would advice myself to look at my pre-recs so that I could start getting a head advantage so that we can start focusing on classes for my specific carrer. I would tell myself to take as many helpful classes that I could so that in the long run it is a lot better for me although it might not seem like it. I would advice myself to advance my education as much as I could. I would advice myself to take classes and learn from them. Learn from them so that my senior self could use that in life ad try to become a better person. I would tell myself that classes that I take during my senior year I would not need to take later. Those classes that took I would not need to take after highschool.

What I consider the worst thing about my school some of the instructotr's approch towards how students learn. This is since some instructors when you ask them to help yuo one on one all they say is to go to tutoring. This makes me feel as if they only care about teaching the general things they need but they don't care about thier students.

Alex

My classmates at The Community College of Aurora are extremely friendly and willing to help anyone in need, whether it be in a social or academic situation.

I am currently a high school senior and I am proud of the decisions I have made in regards to my college choice and participation.

When telling people about the school I attend, I brag most about the fct that I am able to attend for free through concurrent enrollment with my high school.

sheila

the first thing i would of told myself would of been to go stright to college instead of waiting two years. i wish i could of experienced actual college life, living in a dorm, joining clubs, ect. i went straight to the work force. i just couldnt wait to make money and pay bills. As a senior i didnt realize that i would get to work the rest of my life. i was such in a rush to jump into the real life. Once i got a little older i realized that i would only have a job without a college degree, not a career. i wish i could tell that to the senior in high school. i could of took avdantage of living at home. i would of been eligable for more scholarships. i also could of taken advantage of going to a bigger university like the university of florida ,where i plan on transfering to.

What i like best about CCA is they make it possible for a person that must work full time able to attend. They have night classes and online classes. CCA is not like a typical college. it is full of adults that have been out of school for at least a few years. the school makes it really easy to go back. i dont feel out of place because of this.

i wish i would of paid more attention to what i was going to school for. I wish i would of seeked help from the concellors there so i would of been on the right track. Instead i just kind of guessed what i was doing

Michelle

This school does not have a problem with diversity because everyone is respectful and makes people of all ages, races and backgrounds feel welcomed.

Self, You are in college to make new memories and develop into a better you. Leave the past in the past and be ready for a whole new set of experiences and memories. Don’t be afraid to try anything once and don’t be afraid to fail. Do your best and pay attention to your teachers and the syllabus. The transition from high school to college is not about parties or social life. College is continuous learning and what you learn now will help you obtain your dreams in the future. Take it seriously and don’t waste time on anything that you are not absolutely passionate about! Follow your dreams and your passion for the best and brightest outcome you could possibly want out of life. High school was fun and college should be too. Be prepared to really dedicate yourself to your future and take all of the study skills you have learned and apply them to your new experiences. Listen to your own instincts and trust yourself. Do things because they feel right to you and at the end of the day, it’s your life and you should be proud of making this transition!

The best thing about Community College of Aurora is the option to take online or night classes. The atmosphere is very welcoming and the option to take night classes or online classes makes this school wonderfully accessible for me as a working parent. My son and I are both going to the same college at the same time and the instructors are very nice and helpful with any type of assistance they can offer. The education is affordable with smaller classes and individual attention from the enthusiastic and instructors, most of which have impressive credentials.

Arielle

My classmates were very mature and on task.

My classmates were very mature and on task.

If i could go back in time to tell myself what to do for college, I would say keep your head on straight, because you're unbelievably smart and strong. The road has been hard, but you're almost there. College is only a stepping stone that causes a bigger ripple throughout the pond of life. What you strive to achieve in the now and present can impact your future, so live life fully and with no regrets.

There are not a lot of choices to choose from club-wise such as abroad programs and clubs wise.

Jodie

I would tell myself to try hard in school and go to college when you graduate. Don't give up even if it gets hard at times. Put your kids in daycare as they won't remember it anyway. Keep persuing your dream.

Quincey

I am the marshmallow in the hot chocolate.

I am the marshmallow in the hot chocolate.

Quincey? Hey, Quincey? Are you listening? You know that feeling of having a nice full pocket of change, weighing you down as you walk? Neither do I, but college is like that, except suddenly there is a hole in that pocket and all the money falls out. What were you thinking not applying for scholarships and waiting till the last minute? College is so expensive and you deceived yourself into thinking that your daycare job of $8.21 an hour could suffice. Absolutely not! Think again and start applying for anything and everything you can! It will be worth it! All those trips to yogurt land and seeing movies with your friends, bad choices! You should have been home looking for financial aid and scholarship deadlines! Fun? No, think again you need money! Nursing school is not cheap!!! Some deadlines were as early as January and here you are in July frantically filling out the remaining scholarships in the hopes that a little change will come your way!

The worst thing about my school is the lack of motivation among the students. Some think that somehow they will get through life without working and trying. Some came to class unprepared and slowed the pace of the entire class. I graduated a year early and it was not a cake walk. Nothing can happen without motivation and there was a general lack thereof. If everyone at my school had a goal to attain, somewhere to go in life and with some greatness to achieve, I think we would find my school and society itself in a far better situation.

Jasmine

College life is far more challenge for us all. I know many teenagers like you think it is stressful year for us to think about college after graduation. It is normal for us to have that kind of pressure because the career is around the corner. In this dark time, the economy is getting worse. That means the tution will arise the costs for undergraduate students and post graduate students who are planning to attend to a college. I strongly encourage you to apply for those scholarships early as possible when you have the opportunity to do it. It will help you advoid relying on the loans from the federal state which you will have to pay it later after college. I recommend you to take a couple of college classes during your senior year so it will prepare you well for college as a full time student. U should practice the test on ACT to have some chance to increase your score test. It will boarden your selection based on which college you want to go. College is not easy as you think it is. It has higher standard level way beyond your expectation. Think way ahead of things.

I wish i had known about varities of courses they had offered to the students at the tution costs in classes. I didn't realize this school has the vital courses for us to develop our own goals in career. It was essential for me to stay in college and complete the classes to get my career goal on the track. I strongly recommend the prospective students to apply for fsfsa and scholarships early before the college year begins in fall. The tutions has raised drastically every year and the classes you are considering to take will be more expensive.

I consider the worst thing about school is it wasn't my first choice of school to attend. My first choice was Gallaudet University or Rochestor Institution for Techonlogy which it was located in Washington D.C and New York. The reason why i came to this school is to pull my ACT and SAT test up before i can get accepted in those colleges. Also, this school doesn't have some of activities or actual sport teams that can be recoginzed. I am an althetic and this school doesnt have any girl basketball programs for students. It is tradegic.

Community College of Aurora administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.