Community College of Aurora Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for Community College of Aurora

Margaux

As a current student at the Community College of Aurora, there are still many opportunities that I have yet to take advantage of. But in the small amount of time that I have attended, I have enjoyed the environment and resources that this school offers. Especially as someone who is still trying to figure out what to major in, this school provides several resources that have been incredibly helpful! I also love the class size as well as the intimacy with professors. At this point, I can say that I am happy to be attending the Community College of Aurora.

Amariah

Community college of Aurora is a great school to get started on your degree for a cheap price and a good education. Students are able to take classes that fit in with their schedules and do it in a timely manner. And if a student does want to do a extra curicular activity they are able to do it with all the different groups they could join on campus.

Shannon

I honestly have nothing but good things to say about this school. The Application was easy to complete and I always felt like it was easy to get help if I had any questions. The website is awesome as well. I love to use my student account to keep track of my degree and classes. They make it a breeze to register for classes as well, as you are able to complete this through the online portal as well!

Irina

I am a dual-enrolled student at the Community College of Aurora. I began taking classes this year and my experience has been fantastic. At the moment I am taking two classes and both of my Professors are always accessible, ready to talk about more than their class and the curriculum has been more than I could ask for. My US History: Race Class, and Gender is the only one of its kind and it really stands above every class I have taken.

Community College of Aurora was a great college for me to transition into college life instead of being thrown into it, like if I went straight to a four year university. The class sizes were small and the teachers were amazing. They actually cared about how well you are doing in their class and were always there to help. All of the staff cared about how well you were doing and were willing to do anything to help you succeed in school. Though there was no on campus housing because it was a community college, I felt as though there was a great community of diverse people who were always willing to help one another.

I think that The Community College of Aurora is a great school that really gives the best to their students, provides a safe environment in and out of the classroom, and has a great community. It is a school that really embraces the message that there is absolutely no shame in going to community college, because no matter how long it takes you or where you go, pursuing your education is something be proud of. They also partner with Aurora Public Schools to have a concurrent enrollment program for high school students, which is a great opportunity. I love that the class sizes are small enough for you to learn from others and to ask questions; sometimes you don’t get that in a university where there are sometimes hundreds of students sitting in a lecture hall. The professors and staff are all very welcoming and knowledgeable. They are very helpful and willing to work with you to help you succeed, whether it is talking to you about your grades, referring you to a service for academic success, or sharing the events and activities around campus. They have reasonable tuition and fees, which is a big thing to consider when going to college, and makes the choice easier and justifiable once you are actually in class. Even though we do not have a sports team, the college partners with the city of Aurora Parks and Recreation Services to have discounted memberships to use the facilities (exercise equipment, pools, etc.) in the rec. Centers around Aurora, which I think is a great alternative to a sports team at a community college. You can also be introduced to recreational sports teams this way. Overall, I think that the Community College of Aurora is a great school.

destiney

This is my first year attending community college of aurora, I would like to say that I’ve had a great experience everyone is so friendly and the resources around you are so helpful. Including the instructors since it’s not a big college they have more time to put into you like help you out during or after class.

Natalie

Community College of Aurora is an accessible establishment that allows for its students to pursue their dreams in an affordable and supportive environment. The campus has a modest population that allow students to engage in crucial one-on-one time with professors, obtain academic advising effectively and efficiently, and to have a larger voice in student life issues. Also, almost all Community College of Aurora classes are deemed guaranteed transfer courses, meaning that transferring to a four-year-university is nearly effortless. Thus, even those who hope to eventually obtain four-year-degrees and beyond can begin their journey through a more affordable and supportive environment. Overall, Community College of Aurora is a wonderful school that offers the same rigorous academia of universities in a low-cost and obliging manner.

Josue

It is a solid place to start your post secondary education. The classes are cheap yet the learning is awesome. The faculty and staff love what they do and are there to help students. They believe that everyone in their community has potential. There is a trail nearby and it has a lot of scenic areas. If you love education you will love the Community College of Aurora!

Madison

It was a great school. I took classes as a concurrent student and overall it was great. It allowed me to receive college credit while still in high school. Therefore now that I graduated college, the classes I took can transfer to a university and I will go over there in the fall

Natalie

Community College of Aurora is a wonderful school with a staff that is very devoted to making sure that I have everything I need to make my college experience as easy and enjoyable as possible. I love the diversity of students and staff, and thankful that they have a great Cyber Security degree program.

Destiny

I absolutely love CCA. Almost all of the people are super friendly and willing to help with whatever you need. The extracurricular clubs are doing amazing and are an active part of the school. The teachers are also wonderful and I have not met a single one that is not actively making sure ALL students in their class understand the material. Many classes may be information packed but that is part of the challenge and the teachers do really well helping with this.

Alyssa

I attended the Community College of Aurora for a semester and loved it there. The professors are usually friendly and helpful. I enjoyed how quiet and peaceful the campuses were; you could pretty much get work done anywhere. I loved the computer lab, perfect for doing assignments in between classes.

Take our Scholarship Match Quiz!