Aurora, CO
Community College of Aurora

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Community College of Aurora

Linda

My classmates are optimistic, goal-oriented, achieving people who have disciplined themselves to the rigors of studying, and they are quite diverse in age, ethnicity, current occupations, marital status, and socioeconomic groupings.

I can answer this for myself only, as I have not asked others about this question. At first, I chose this school because of low cost and close proximity to my home. After 2 semesters, I transferred for one year to another community college that is larger, because of schedule availability and course offerings. I am now back at Community College of Aurora, and realize that the staff are friendlier and consistently very helpful. Perhaps because the ethnicity of the student population is more varied, they seem more patient and accomodating, friendly and efficient. I heartily recommend CCA to others.

I know, I know, you've been in school for years,you're tired of studying and now you feel it's time for something else. Perhaps you intend to just pause your education for one or two years to see what's out there. I mean, after all, you can always start college whenever you want, right? Or, perhaps you want to work full time to save money for your education? Possibly, you're being offered a job making good money (for not having an education), so who needs school? Please, will ya listen to me? I postponed college. Think about the big picture. Fast forward twenty years, and compare your life with an education to one without. Please search online for the statistical differences in income and happiness. Talk to older adults about this. Please reconsider! College is for you to build yourself and your future. Live at home if you possibly can. Learn about handling your finances: plan, save and spend, and beware the allure of the credit card trap! Cut expenses and eliminate time wasters, apply for scholarships, and take care of your health. Study smart and have some fun when you can; build lifelong relationships.

Sophia

This would be a life changing conversation... or at least I would hope that it would be. I dropped out of HS during my senior year to prove to my parent's that I was an independent being and could make decisions for myself. If I would have known that by dropping out of school the only person I was hurting was myself... I would have never done it. I would tell the SR me about the embarrassment I feel everytime I am asked "What year did you graduate?". I know that if I could have that moment, I would be able to have made better decisions and probably be a college graduate at this time instead of blindly going through the motions of my life now. An education is the most important thing you can get in a person's young life. I wish I would have realized this before I made some of the biggest mistakes of my life.

I wish that I would have known that I love to cook! I would have went straight to culinary school.

I believe anyone could attend CCA. It's great for all types of people and lifestyles.

Cecelia

My classmates are extremely diverse.

My classmates are extremely diverse.

If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior, I would try to emphasize how important education is. Although I am in school now, and it's never too late to go back, I feel that I wasted time trying to figure life out instead of learning what life had to offer through education. I have had many life experiences that I probably would not have had the chance to experience otherwise, but now that I am a mother, wife, student, and Reservist, it is so much more clear to me how important education is.

Craig

I find my classmates to be loud, rude, annoying, moody, ungrateful, rambunctious, needy, clingy, hungry, tired, grumpy, messy, funny, hysterical, cuddly, warm, and affectionate. Since my first few classes are on-line and at home, I am speaking of my wife and daughters.

I know what you're thinking kid. Why waste the money. ..and the time. So, you don't want to be a doctor or a lawyer and burn four years or more of your life trying to figure out what you want to do with it...hey that's fine. But let me tell you something. I've been where you're going and yea, I have to admit, I made a good run, but the times have changed and they always will and opportunities will present themselves and they will pass you by and you'll always wonder "What if?" What if I listened to my counselors and family and just tried it for two years? What if I swallowed my pride just a little and pursued my dreams? What if I gave a hundred percent to my studies like I did everything else? Think about that kid. Because let me tell you something I have learned for certain in the thirty years I've been out of high school...that no matter how well I did in life, both the ups and downs, I was always pondering that question. And what a waste of time that's been.

Jacqueline

I haven's started classes yet.

I haven's started classes yet.

If, knowing what I know now as a college student-athlete, I was given the opportunity to go back to high school and give myself advice, I would reiterate the importance of seizing all opportunities. I was a varsity womens basketball player, whom had just signed a letter of intent to Washington State University to play college Pac-10 basketball. All that was expected of me was to pass all of my classes for the last semester with a 2.0 GPA. I ended senior year with a 1.9. If I were capable of going back and motivating myself I would, I would demonstrate the importance of going to class everyday rather than hanging out in the hall with those friends that you wouldn't remember 2 years later. Nothing is worth jeopardizing your dreams. I would advise myself to study until the sun rose if I needed to, sleep will always be there but opportunity won't. I don't encourage regret, but I do believe in learning from your mistakes, and if it wasn't for me missing out on that opportunity I wouldn't have taken the initiative to write this today.

When I brag about my school, I'm most grateful that it's close to home.

April

I would tell the student to think long and hard about what field they want to go into. Although it is possible to change majors part way through school it will only lengthen the time you are in school. Don't get a degree in what is easiest at the time. Learn from my mistake, someone that is going to school for a second time to get the degree in the field that I should have just done from the start. I would also tell students to become as involved as possible in campus life and get to know the other studens, join student orginizations, and have fun. Going to college is not just about getting an education; it is about growing as a person and finding out who you are. Take full advantage of every opportunity given to you. Finally, get to know your teachers. In a class of 500 students you may feel lost, so make a point to introduce yourself to each teacher. They will remember who you are and it may even have a bareing on gradeing when they can put a face to a name. It will make you experience more enjoyable.

The lack of student life. You go to class and thats it, you don't feel like you are part of a large group and and educational community.

Someone who wants to go to traditional university. This school is for non traditional students who work, have children or are looking to do prerequisites or get a 2 year or technical degree.

Community College of Aurora administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.