New York, NY
CUNY Hunter College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend CUNY Hunter College

Kimberley

My classmates are all unique in their own ways. I went to high school in the city so I'm used to all the different personalities, but those who haven't are probably not adjusted to the "New York" attitutde.

Hunter has a reputation for having the best nursing program in New York City. I have strived to become a nurse and goiung to Hunter will, hopefully, fulfill my dreams of becoming one.

I have learned that you need to use your time wisely. Don't waste your time doing nothing. Try to use every single minute of your time to study or help you focus on your school work. You have to try to stay on top of your game in order to succeed. Read your notes over after class, on your train ride home or going to school. Go over your notes during your breaks. Try to make studying fun by making games out of your study cards. Every minute counts. Even one setback can ruin your whole study "schedule". College has been valuable because it will always benefit us in the long run. As everyone has told us "education is everything". It is one of the most important things we can have in life. Without it, you would not be able to do some basic things, such as reading or calculating expenses for the future. Most of all, you will not be able to have a stable and set career in the future.

Dhurata

College has taught me to appreciate all that is around me, and to judge everything constructively. It is a necessity to attend college because the experience is invaluable and timeless.

Creativity of the students.

christina

So far from my college experience i've gotten the importance of an education in this day and age. The more you learn the more you will understand why things happen the way they do. Some colleges offer real word experience to give you a real feel on the expreience n help you learn more by doing and not just reading books on it. College exposes people to different subjects they can use in their everyday lives. Its valuable to attend college to better your chances at a sucessfull career. College gives you more opportunities to gain valuable resources and information to help you into your future.

Rachelle

What I got out of my college experience is knowledge. When I was in college, I took so many classes. Three classes which helped me a lot was taking psychology, speech and programs class. When I went out to the real world, I was able to create my own resume and add all the Microsoft programs I was able to operate. I knew how to type and that was something which got me into the doors. When I was actually getting interviewed, I knew how to speak clearly and articulate my thoughts. People never expect that having to take classes like these would benefit you but it does. Taking the psychology class help me analyze the way people behaved; because I was working with the general public. Knowing how to handle myself with the general public, helped to understand a person behavior and why they act in the manner that they do. College was such a great experience for me. I was able to go into a job and express how much I want to be paid, because I came in with experience; which I am so thankful to have had. College is the key to success!

The people who should be attending this school, are people who are motivated and eager to learn. Yes, school is not cheap. But, the ends justify the means. The professors are dedicated and you can learn something. When you get into the real world, you have knowledge which others wish they had. If you want to learn and be ahead of the game, then this is the place to be. When employers see you’ve succeeded and obtained a degree within a college which is challenging, shows character and determination; and that’s always a great quality to have.

If you don't want to do anything with your life and don't like authority, than this is not the place for you. If you don't want to stay up many nights reading endless chapters , writing a paper for six different classes, then you don't need to be here. If you don't like waking up early to educate your mind and learn a craft, and perfect it, then you should not go to this school. This school gives you the best and if you’re not willing to give it back, you’re wasting your time.

Matthew

I have been attending Modesto Junior College for a couple semesters now and I feel I have learned alot. When I started there I was fresh out of high school and I wasn't too sure what I wanted to do with my life yet. I was bouncing around some ideas in my head but I didn't have any concrete plans laid out. Junior college was the best thing for me because it gave me time to think about my future, allowed me to take classes I was interested in without paying a small fortune, and it made me stay in school. Now that I have figured out what I want to do in my life, I am able to attend classes based on my specific career path at Modesto Junior College and transfer them over next year when I apply for a four year college, and end up saving some money too. So, in the long run, while it might have taken me a little longer to go from high school to a four year university, I feel that my time spent in junior college was a necessary stepping stone on the river of life.

Being in college has been an expirience that has really helped me mature in both personality and education. I feel that i have definitely been blessed enough to be able to go to college and continue my eduacation. College is helping me get to my goal of becoming a nurse and maybe even one day a doctor. I have also really enjoyed the friends that you make along the way and the interesting people that you meet on a daily basis. Overall the whole college expirience excites me very much and I hope to continue to persue the education I have already started.

crystal

I have gotten allot out of my college experience already and I've only been there for about 2 weeks. I found out that its harder than what I thought and people are very friendly meaning the professors and the students. I have learned that if you really what something you have to work for it. If you want it bad enough you will succeed and reach your dreams. College life is more than doing book work it is away to interact with others and express who you are as a person. It is valuable that I attend college for my babies to give them the best in life as well as me. I really want to get the best out of life.

Ann

I have gotten that I am 100% responsible for what I create in my life including opportunities, relationships, successes and failures; school offers a structure in which to build this muscle of responsibility. As a student returning after a 7 year hiatus, I have a different relationship to my education than when I previously attended. I am clear that going to school is not a chance to hide out from the "real world" or bide my time until I get out and then become a professional. College is the opportunity to practice being fully engaged in my work, to start being, in a nurturing environment, that which I intend to be as a professional. I am an integrative healthcare provider and I am committed to empowering people to be responsible for their health, wellbeing and lives. In college I study with professors and students from all fields, backgrounds and interests and what I am always present to and exploring is our own uniting humanity. In this environment, I can say "what if we integrate cultural anthropology, new media and biopsychology" and there will be people who want to explore the possibility. And that opportunity is the value of attending.

There is an incredibly diverse student body, providing a rich atmosphere in which to learn, develop and create. As a student returning to college after a 7 year hiatus, it is great to be in classes with students of all ages and all backgrounds. Many students are also returning to school to complete degrees or pre-requisites for post graduate programs; they have a greater focus and purpose in their studies and in their lives. Also, with New York City as the campus, any student is guaranteed an education that integrates classroom learning with real life experience and opportunity.

It is important to be self-motivated in the school to get the most of the offerings. There are many students and, in some areas, limited personel and resources. Be interested in your course of study and your own progression in your classes. It really makes a difference to take responsibility for your education - seek out your teachers, work with advisors to guide you, and get to know your fellow students. It is these relationships that will make your education incredibly valuable as a foundation and ensure a lasting impact in creating what you want to create in your life.

Jenny

Diversity, discovery, passion, fun, and success. = )

Diversity, discovery, passion, fun, and success. = )

High school was the time when I finally felt like I should do something in my life become passionate about something. The only problem was, I didn't know which way to swim! So when I went to Hunter, I was scared, shy, intimidated by others, and peed myself --pretty much like the other freshmen. I was not only given more opportunities than ever, but I was also forced to push myself into studying, meeting new people, and encouraged to join lots of student activities. If it wasn't for the big push, I'd still be swimming in circles!

The people here are so nice (students, faculty) and there are a lot of opportunities thrown at me everyday that can help me explore the world. I 'm experiencing so many things that I love it! The best part is if you need help in anything (schoolwork, financial aid, clubs, even FOOD) there will always be a person in Hunter willing to lend a hand. Feels just like a real family!

Shantel

Finicial aid office is not helpful at all.

Finicial aid office is not helpful at all.

The biggest experience I got out of Hunter College would have to be the experience of change. All my life I wanted to be a pediatrician, but then I began to see the reality of choosing such a challenging career. It would invole many years of taking challenging courses and most likely making a significant financial debt, that make take me a lifetime to pay off. When I realized these daunting facts, I began to speak with career conselors who were all very kind and patient with me. One in particular suggested that I look into medical careers outside of being a physician and this is where I discovered the interesting field of Medical Diagnostic Sonography. This career will allow me to keep my dream of working in a hospital without the debt and decade of classes. So, I thank Hunter College for allowing me to rethink my choices in life and assistaning me in discovering my dream job.

People who want to be in the heart of Manhattan.

CUNY Hunter College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.