Brooklyn, NY
CUNY Kingsborough Community College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend CUNY Kingsborough Community College

Emmanuela

Kingsborough is one of the best places to become academically confident and stable, whether you are sure about your career choice or not. The professors and advisers provide you with the support you need that you never really thought you needed. There are endless opportunities to get involved on campus in numerous clubs and societies. Overall, Kingsborough is the place that supports you no matter where you are in life. You want that degree?, they want it for you as well.

LIsa
Way above average for a community college!

Way above average for a community college!

CUNY Kingsborough Community College is a two-year school, part of the City University of New York system of schools. Academically, classes range from quite easy to very challenging (science and math classes, in particular, seem to be quite challenging). What really distinguishes KCC is the commitment of the faculty. Many of my professors have clearly gone the extra mile in trying to make classes some combination of challenging, accessible, and interesting. Many of my professors seem to be extremely dedicated to involving ALL students and insuring that ALL students have a chance to succeed. Classroom discussions can therefore be very lively; professors are often available outside class hours; copious tutoring is offered for those who need it; and I have seen professors themselves, often with large class-loads, take enormous time with individual students to see that they understand the work they are doing. Very impressed!

Johlanda
What are your classes like?

My classes are interesting to me because they are all part of my major

What are your classes like?

My classes are interesting to me because they are all part of my major

Describe your school to someone who's never heard of it.

Flexible diverse population cheap tuition great professors viewing the water

Every group is unique and not one group is higher than the next

I wish that I knew college was more intense and has a lot of pressure. It's very demanding you can't afford to make no mistakes because you will get left behind.

I have not yet come across any stereotypes on or about the school so far. I could be wrong but I have not hear of any

The students at the school are very well mannered with respectable behavior for the population be diverse we all get along very well with each other in the class room and on campus

Orlando

A large population of the students treat the school as a fashion show/ high school. Which leads them not to apply themselves to their academics.

The academics are challenging at times but it can be manageable with good study habits.

DANILOVA

My classmates are enthusiatic, helpful and audacious about learning.

My classmates are enthusiatic, helpful and audacious about learning.

Kingsborough Community College has the ocean view as the campus' "backyard". It's quite serene and breathtaking.

If I change back the hands of time and have a "heart to heart" with myself as a high school senior, I would want to emphasis the importance of mannerisms. Attending college calls for a "behavior" check as it is a leap into adulthood and rebellious ways don't flourish in a formal setting. Also, punctuality which becomes crucial . Majority of professors begin lecturing after the roster is called and there's a chance of missing out on exam question hints before the date. Being in a higher education environment, means greater and advanced workload. Time management is essential with the many pages of numerous papers to write, endless studying and reading for courses on top of the long, exhausting work hours. Lastly, don't be ashamed to express your confusion if you can't comprehend the material. Instructors will automatically assume you understand and move on fairly quickly. There are centers on campus with helpful tutors to aid you on courses. In the book “Religious Meditations of Heresis”, Sir Francis Bacon had stated that “Knowledge is power”. Indeed it is. Goodluck.

Nabia

The advice would be so long, but the most important one I've learned is that 'Life Goes On'. I really dislike cliche statments, but it would have been so relevant to me back then as it is now. I harbored on a lot in high school, always overthinking, or second guessing myself. I've realized that I have to follow my gut. So I would tell my highschool self to follow your senses, don't hold back from what you love to do. Stop letting the fear of man get in the way of your passions. Go to that audition! Finish that play! Don't backout of that dance. Just do it! You love alto saxophone, broadcast it to the world! So what you've never held a paint brush, try it anyway!!

The best thing is that the professors really love and are passionate about what they teach. Each professor has such a personlaity that shows they would'nt want to be doing anything else.

The school is right near Manhatten Beach, so I always tell them it's a grogeous view of seeing the sunset, or just a awesome relaxing place to study. The Starbucks inside is great, for those in between class coffee runs.

Qamar

Classmates are those people who are always ready to motivate me and let me know that even though we may not know each other like friends do but they are not less than friends, because they will inspire me to reach out to the best of my abilities and pursue my goals, classmates are those well-wishers that stay with me all semester long and help me figure out my strengths and weaknesses, and the time when things may get tough they will lend out a hand and show that they will stand close by till the struggle is over.

If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior, knowing what I know now about college life and making the transition, the advice I would give myself is to actually have the patience attend all of my classes and stay in school. I was a young teenage and like any other teenager I wanted to have fun. However, in the intention to have fun, I have made some wrong choices. I would leave school mid-day just hang out with friends. This way I lost track of my studies and forgot the path I needed to walk upon. College life has taught me a few things, such as time management, and attending lectures and paying attention to what I want to achieve. College is a new cycle of life and its a place where you have to worry about getting your work done on your own, because no professor or advisor will run behind you to tell you what you need to do. I would have advised myself that I need to stand upon my own feet and know what I my goals actually are and work my way in accomplishing those goals.

What I brag about the most when I tell my friends about Kingsborough Community College is regarding the programs they provide and especially about ASAP, which means Accelerated Studies in Associate Programs, Kingsbrough has this program in which they provide a advisor for you and a book voucher along with a free metro card and they will make sure you graduate on time within two-years and also the Phi Theta Kappa honor society.

Maria

My classmates are are those people who are always ready to motivate one another and they know when to cheer you up to let you know that you can always accomplish everything you want, classmates are those friends for me who may not know me as deep as my other friends do but the will always push me to reach ahead and pursue my goals and inspire ne to go beyond my abilities and work hard towards the career I wish to achieve.

What I wish I had knew before I came Kingsborough Community College is the best programs they provide each student with, not just the progarms but the motivation they provide students with is just amazing, I was always told that Kingsborough isn't the right college for me, however I feel that coming to Kingsborough was the best choice in regards of college for me, because I was given many choices to reach out for my goals, I was also eligible for the ASAP program which stands for Accelerated Studies in Assosicates Program, and the Phi Theta Khappa Honor Society.

CUNY Kingsborough Community College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.