Brooklyn, NY
CUNY Kingsborough Community College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend CUNY Kingsborough Community College

Tiffany

The worst thing about my school is the personality andd seriousness of some of the students who attend. Most are immature and distracted from their academics, rather than focused and serious. There are more socialization than actual work being done. It is easy to lose focus because of the learning environment, but graduating is reachable.

People who have a hectic schedule should attend this school. The hours are very flexible and the professors are also. Academics at Kingborough are excellent. The classes grow closer and the professors take time to help and guide students to success. This school is a great adjustment from high school or no school into college.

If I could go back and talk to myself when I was a high school senior, I would tell myself to be fully prepared for college. Start applying to schools as early as possible and search for any scholarships available. Having a college advisor would be extremely helpful. You should have a general idea of what major or minor you are interested in and pursue it. Be sure to take classes from other fields, so you can rule out any other interests you have and assure yourself of the major you chose. Go to a ethnically diverse college and socialize enough to network. Get involved in clubs and organizations that would be fun for you. It will help you make friends and also put an ease to all the work you will be doing. Just make sure and concentrate on your classes and work. Always put 110% of effort inot your work to guarantee a grade you will be very proud of. College isn't easy, nor is it hard. You just have to work for what you want.

Antony

During my college experience I learned many things about the real world that I probably wouldn't have known if I had not gone. I learned how to interact with people that came from different parts of the world, teamwork, different outlooks on life, and the stuggles of paying for college. It has been valuable to attend because it opened up new opportunities to me that I wouldn't have previously got. My professors were great. They did not only teach me about their course, but they also taught me about life. During highschool I was shy and kept to myself, but after i got into college I became more open and better at expressing myself. Not everyone has the opportunity to go to college and I am greatful that I became a part of an environment that helped me grow. If it was not for college I would've found myself in many difficult situations and a job I would not have wanted.

The worst thing about my school is the long commute by bus. It usually takes forty fives minutes to get there and no matter how early you left your house, you would always make it to class right before it starts.

When I talk to my friends about Kingsborough Community College, I tell them that the adminstration at the school is the best I seen during my college experience. Compared to the previous school I went to, they are more organized and really tries to help the student with their problems.

Best thing would be that the credits earned in kingsborough will most likely transfer to any cuny/suny/private college.

If i can go back to my senior year in high school, the first thing I would advice myself to do is ask myself if I am ready for a college commitment. After all the horrible things that happened in my senior year, I made the mistake by jumping into college without being prepared and I was forced to drop out. I did return to college the following semester. I would also advice myself not to take classes before 1pm because I am not a morning person. College is very different from high school. I should also advice myself that studying the day before an exam, like i did in high school is not the best idea for a college midterm. I would let myself know that college is fun, and very nice because you get a lot of independance, but it requires a lot of dedication.

The worst thing about Kingsborough would have to be that students are only allowed to park on campus after 3pm. This just doesnt seem fair. Students pay $55 per semester for a pass to park 5 blocks from the campus entrance.

Kyle

Kingsborough Community College is a beautiful school with a diverse population of students of all ages and backgrounds located near the world famous Brighton Beach, overlooking the Gateway National Recreation Area which leads to the Atlantic Ocean.

Kingsborough has a larger campus then most New York schools which means more green spaces to enjoy the view, which happens to be of the beautiful bay waters that lead to the Atlantic. With its own beach, it is a one-of-a-kind school that will make it worth the extra bus ride, which isnt too terrible because the school provides shuttles from the subway, as well as public buses aplenty.

You are looking around right now and trying to decide what you would like to do with your life. Of course, everyone expects you to go to college, but you are having trouble imagining what you would like to do for the next 40 years. Relax. Don't rush into anything. College isn't just about getting a degree and heading out into the world. It is a time to learn about yourself and grow as a person. Don't just tackle the required classes, look around at other majors, and If you see something that interests you, then take it. Have fun, but not too much fun. Work hard, but not too hard. Take things in moderation, especially moderation. Don't be afraid to ask those around you for help. It is not a sign of weakness, it is a sign of strength. Be flexible and willing to adapt. Surround yourself with people who share your ideals and beware of those who have too much free time. Just don't worry so much. I can tell you, things work out great. Just brush your teeth and you will be fine. And show up for class. Much love.

Estevan

To dedicate more time to actually studying and not wasting time, and to have researched the colleges better and see about more scholarship programs available.

Nothing really, except that I could have taken more classes.

One who is not serious about taking classes and learning.

Jenny

All my classmates enjoy the class as i am, cooking, baking and studying all the time.

I would advise myselt to spent more time study English, be a little more proative and smile, other than that I would not change a thing. between then and now I had the cuttest baby boy in the world.

Johnny

Kingsborough community college is a very big college that really helps its students, it's open to everyone who wishes to continue and accomplish there goals.

Kingsborough community college is best known for helping students by leading them to the correct place and carrer. Kingsborough community college is also known as the City University.

Study for all your State Exams, seariously try to do your best especially in the English Exam try to pass it with an 85 or above. That way you will not need to take the CUNY/ACT Exam or take classes that could keep you back.

When I first decided to go to a community college I thought it was the perfect solution to a conflict of interest between my parents and me. Only now that I look back on it I wish that I hadn't gone with my choice. Every night I think about what my life would be like right now if I had gone with what my heart and mind hoped/wished for. Right now there is only one thing in my mind that I would say to myself if I could go back and talk to myself. I would look into my eyes and not just tell myself to but demand that I follow my dreams and not someone elses. I'd say go off and become the next Queen of Baking, which is what I hope to do now. My future self would do battle with my past self until I chose to do what I should have originally done, because then maybe the transition into college would have been easier and more enjoyable!!

When I decided to attend KBCC for my first two years of college there really wasn't anything that I wanted or needed to know. Even now I would have to say that the answer is the same. The only thing that I would want someone to know is that KBCC is a starter school and not a permanent solution. A lot of times people forget that...

As a person walks through the halls of KBCC anyone can see the variety of people that pass them by. A large range of people attend my school from the over ambitious to the person floating through the two years waiting for their future to hit them in the face to pretty much anything in between.

Nyasha

If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a highschool senior, I would tell myself that college life is what you make it. I would tell myself to get into the habit of studying on a daily basis, prepare myself for long papers, and a diet full of Ramen Noodles. I would also tell myself that it is harder in highschool, than in college. Another piece of advive would be, that college life could be really fun if I applied myself to everything that I put my mind to. It is up to myself to make the grade, no one is going to be lenient in college, as they are in highschool. One last piece of advice that I would give myself would be, go into college with a can do attitude, and prepare for the best years of my life.

Joseph

My school is best known for its diversity. We have a multitude of races and ethnicities. It is also known for giving second chances. Sometimes students, like myself, are in a immature state after high school and aren't fully prepared for the transition to college. Fortunately, Kingsborough Community College gives us the opportunity to make up for our mistakes with their "New Start" program.

Please take this as serious as possible. All the grades you will acquire during your college career will follow you everywhere. This is not something to take lightly. You can attain great things in college if you just put your mind to it, but you can also really hurt yourself without the proper concentration. A good career is hard to come by today, and it all starts with a good education. College is all about priorities, and its up to you to put them in order. Professors will not pacify you like in high school, so you are on your own.

Somebody who is serious about school and who has an open mind about their education. You can try a lot of subjects in this school and find your niche.

CUNY Kingsborough Community College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.