Defiance, OH
Defiance College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Defiance College

Joseph

Defiance is a pretty good school that is becoming better and better every year. The school has good academics and a very pretty campus. Some things could be upgraded or improved upon. The overall school community is very warm and welcoming. Everyone is willing to help in any way they can

Chyanne

I think defiance college is a wonderful place. There are small classes and the professors are always there to help when ever you need it. There are plenty of clubs to join or activity you can do in your free time. We have a huge sports section on campus and alot of the students and faculty will come out during home games to show our support for our players.

Kalin

I absolutely love the energy and vibe of Defiance College. When i first stepped foot on campus i knew it was the one. Ive never felt so at home far away from home. The campus is filled with athletes that can each relate to academic achievements as well as what they do on the field. The coaches and professors ensure that your education is high priority as well as helping maintain a cooperative schedule.

I love this college. I have been here almost a year and I love everything this school has to offer. From the sports involvement to the academic achievement here. It has so many opportunities to learn, get involved, etc. It is like a family atmosphere. It's very diverse and very accepting of all races and ethnicity.

Andrew

It's a great private college with plenty to offer in a decent sized community. Not too large while it still has plenty to offer, that being both the community and college. Can be considered as expensive. The education received is well worth the extra dollar paid.

Chelsey

My classmates come from a variety of backgrounds and each of them are unique in their own way.

If I could go back in time to when I was a senior in high school, I would tell myself to just relax. The advice that I would give myself is to simply be myself. I would encourage myself to be confident in my abilities and to not change. I would tell myself to not stress out or worry about the transition because I will adjust in no time. I would also tell myself to enjoy every second of the experience because time really does fly. Most of all, I would tell myself to make the most of everyopportunity.

I would have to say the most frustrating thing about my school is the cost to attend. The cost of tution is quite costly which causes me to be concerned financially. Also, it would be nice if the food in the cafeteria was healthy and somewhat appetizing. There is no variety either which is very disappointing.

Christyna

Asof right now I am a senior at Dean. The college has only continued to grow and from my opinion improve at an extremely rapid rate. I love the small clases and individualized attention that the students recieve at Dean. Right now I have noticed class sizes growing and this is because the college is hiring more faculty as fast as they can bt this process takes a little bit because I know that Dean is trying to hire the best professors that will fit for this school and it's students. This means that for a little while I might have to deal with a slightly greater than normal class size until the college hires more professors to adjust to the quickly growing student body.

The students at Dean are very diverse. It is a small school so many times students interact with different students. I may speak for myself that I have had many different friends at Dean some of them like me and some of them completely different. I like surrounding myself with people that are different me because I feel I can learn alot from them, and at Dean this has always been very easy to do.

The academics for the School of Business at Dean have been great. The technology, communication, managerial, and even (my least favorite) the math classes; have come together in a way that they really make sense and somehow in the end they always connect back together rienforcing the most important concepts. My classes have been small, and i have great personal and academic relationships with each of my professors, some who have impacted my life in a very influential way. I am very excited that I will be walking at Commencement in May, but I am also sad (a little bit) that I will be finished here, learning with the great faculty and classes that Dean has offered me for the past four years.

At Dean, there are no real common stereo-types. Our sports "jocks" are very hardworking (and for the most part humble) students on campus. Sometimes the only time I see them is in class and then usually they are busy with games and practices. The other bigger group of people at Dean are all the students who are dancers or in the arts programs. They take many classes together and are also very busy students on campus, so they often tend to stick together. The great thing about Dean College is that we are a small campus and yet have a very diverse student body. We have an interesting community because we have students that come from many different walks of life, and this allows the students to learn about eachother and come to appreciate eachothers differences.

I would tell myself to live on campus and not to commute. I have switched my major so I would also tell myself to follow my gut instict. Not only that look hard for scholarships school is no where near being cheap.

If you are not use to the small town atmosphere you don't want to be here. It is a very friendly campus where instructors are willing to help all the time. The down side is the town doesn't offer much to do and the nearest place with tons to do is an hour away.

Britny

My classmates are very driven individuals who are eager to learn and explore the world around them.

I would go back and tell myself to follow my dreams no matter how crazy or hard they might be to achieve.

Students who do not want to be pushed to their academic limits shouldn't attend Defiance College. They need to display a thrist for knowledge and wisdom that can only be obtained by hard work and dedication to their chosen programs. Without that thrist, those students are going to have a very challenging experience in their college career.

My classmates are very smart and dedicated, they are also inventive and strong willed.

Coming to college has given me a new perspective to my life. When I was in high school I was always in the background and I was happy to be in the background just floating on through the years. Now that I am in college I decided that I was not going to let that happen again. So the first day I went out and made friends. We met the first night at our schools freshman “Jam” at the YMCA. We clicked automatically. It was the first time that I actually made friends that fast. We have been good friends ever since. I know that it has not been that long but we are just that close. At college I have learned that I do not always have to be in the loner. I can be a part of a group and actually belong and have fun. College is valuable to me because without college I would still be as much as a loner that I was in high school and being alone is not a good way to go through life. I am glad I went to college it was made me a better person.

The best thing about my school is that it is small and very personal.

Defiance College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.