Defiance, OH
Defiance College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Defiance College

My classmates are very smart and dedicated, they are also inventive and strong willed.

Coming to college has given me a new perspective to my life. When I was in high school I was always in the background and I was happy to be in the background just floating on through the years. Now that I am in college I decided that I was not going to let that happen again. So the first day I went out and made friends. We met the first night at our schools freshman “Jam” at the YMCA. We clicked automatically. It was the first time that I actually made friends that fast. We have been good friends ever since. I know that it has not been that long but we are just that close. At college I have learned that I do not always have to be in the loner. I can be a part of a group and actually belong and have fun. College is valuable to me because without college I would still be as much as a loner that I was in high school and being alone is not a good way to go through life. I am glad I went to college it was made me a better person.

The best thing about my school is that it is small and very personal.

Stephany

My college experiance has allowed me to view myself as a person capable of achieving any goal I set my mind to accomplish. As a victim of abuse I felt incapable and inadequate to achieve anything in my life that I had dreamed of achieving when I was in high school. Once I finally entered college, the faculty and students made me feel at home and helped me to realize I was a much more intellegant and hard working than I thought I was. I set my mind on recieving a 4.0 (which, in high school I had not done); I studied as hard as I could and utilized every resource given to me. When I recieved my first end of semester grades with a overall score of 4.0 I began to cry. Defiance College has given me the ability to appreciate myself and the achievements I acquire throughout my lifetime. I cannot thank Defiance College enough for providing me, as well as other students, the needed instruments to help us achieve our sucesses. Without the faculty, the materials, and the tutors I could not have found my inner strength and drive to achieve and learn more.

I would have to give all of the credit to my professors as "the best thing about [my] school". Every professor gives his or her all in teaching; they make class interesting as well as exciting to attend. I am a single mother of a two year old so, I know first hand how hard it is sometimes to juggle being both a full-time student as well as being a full-time mother. The professors understand the difficulty and, without distracting from the material or coursework, they help me succeed within the classroom as well as in my degree.

The type of individual who should reconsider the decison to attend Defiance College is the person who feels as though he or she does not need to give effort to achieve a above average grade. Defiance College provides a wonderful faculty, excellent resources for studying, as well as helpful (and knowlagable) tutors to aid in achieving the student's desired grade. If a student does not wish to utilize these resources readily given, if needed, than this individual should reconsider his or her choice of college.

i have gottan a very good education out if college so far as well as making new social discoveries. education is a big part of life and here at defiance college the professors always are willing to help you in the process of discovering your self and discovering if your in the correct major. It has been valuable for me to attend college because i have not and would not get this kinda of eduaction or social interaction any where else.

I wish i would have known how much college was going to cost me so i could have saved more money and used it for my education.

the worst thing about my school is that meals are only offered at certain times because most students have classes during hte times that meals are offered so therfor they can not eat in the cafeteria and may not have the money to afford food from any where else.

My School is very big into service. Defiance College is the first and only college I looked into and the reason I chose it was because it's small and class sizes arent to big. The athletics are D3.

I have gotten so much out of my college experience. When I first started college i got depressed and i was having a hard time making friends. I decided one day that I wanted to rush a sorority. I did and I am now a memeber of Alpha Xi Delta and am also serving on Exec board. I also joined Pep Band and DC Players and got a lead in the Spring play. My classes have been very enjoyable and I now know that teaching is what I want to do for the rest of my life. College gave me a different outlook. Being on my own is the toughest part because I usually rely heavily on my parents. It has been valuable to attend college because I have figured out what in life makes me happy and I now know that mychildren will have a better life than I had.

The thing I brag about the most is how friendly the professors are.

sean

Defiance college prides it`s self on diversity, and being out of the ordinary. Defiance college also encourages you to perform community service to help better the community.

College has help to better myself, it has help me mature becasue now i have to learn to live on my own a little bit. I also have to be responsible now that i have no one over shoulder to tell me things, or make sure that im doing my homework like i should. Defiance college has helped me alot it has help to not just grow but to be an adult.

Defiance college did a pretty good job telling what to expect so I know what I was geeting myself into.

Steven

It is the only school in the state of Ohio that has a four year Digital Forensic program

Defiance College has given me the confidence I needed for a long time. Before, I wasn't sure that higher education was for me and if I would fit in as I am quite a few years older then a majority of the students. However, I got comfortable very early into my first year. I made firends fast and the professeors were very engaging and had an open door policy for any questions or concerns the students had. Not only did it solidify the fact that I should be going, I also got better at planning ahead and getting ready for exams and such. Without Defiance College, I would not be the man I am today.

People who wish to recieve a high quality education with small classes, very qualified professors, and friendly students.

Clairice

I was homeschooled throughout my primary and secondary education, so the biggest thing that I was worried about was how I was going to survive college. I was worried about going into such a different leaning environment, and I was worried about what people would think of me. I never had to deal with teachers before, or taking standardized tests, or being in a place where I didn't know anyone. If I could go back, I would explain what classes are like, and tell myself how to prepare for them. I would tell myself how to take notes, and that I should get to know my profs, because they are more likely to help you out if you struggle if they know you. I would also try and reassure me that making friends is easy, you just have to be a friend to someone to make them want to be your friend. I would let myself know that every other freshmen is in the same boat, and they all want to have friends. So I would say to bring cookies on move in day and offer them to people to help me move in.

Defiance College is great for someone who is looking for a small school, who can deal with a little drama in order to get a good education. The staff and faculty here are great beyond words. This is why I came here. The people here knew who I was and cared enough to get to know me and really wanted me to come here. They still, now that I am enrolled, do their best to make sure I am getting what I want out of DC.

The drama. Because DC is such a small school, everyone knows everyone, and this means that there are inevitably those busy bodies who stick their noses where they shouldn't. This makes for an environment that people compare to high school. I am willing to deal with the problems of a small school, in order to get the one on one atmosphere. Plus, because it is so small, I have a lot of friends. So I am ok with the drama

The advice I would give myself is to try my best and get more involved in school clubs.

I like the size of the school ,because we are like one big family and we help each other with what ever the need may be.The best thing I like about Defiance ,is the way the school reaches out to the community and is willing to give a helping hand to people who are in need .

The selection of food is not that great.

Nichole

Defiance College is best know for their work with third world countries trying to make life better and help them find ways to keep themselves healthy. The College is also known for its community interaction and volunteering.

When you walk on to a campus and feel at home you know its the right Campus for you!

Austin

The Bonner Leadership Program is very interesting. I perform 200 hours of community service each year for a scholarship and am a memeber of the National Bonner Program.

Ultimately, the right college is one where the student feels comfortable that they can get the most out of their college experience and where the parents feel comfortable in sending the student. The final decision of where to attend college rests with the student, but it is important that the parents feel like they are sending them to the right school. Colleges should not be picked by the financial aid they give to the student or the social scene. It is more important to go to a school where a student feels they can get the most out of their potential. This school should increase the quality of the future for the student and help them to live a quality life. No matter what college is chosen, it is up to the student to make the most out of it. College is what you make it, and students should get as involved as they want. Making the most out of your college experience is key because many students do not get the opportunity to attend college and it is a once in a lifetime adventure. Enjoy college, but go somewhere where you can get the most out of it.

The students and professors are extremely helpful. Most of them want to see you succeed and are willingto help you do so.

Defiance College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.