Media, PA
Delaware County Community College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Delaware County Community College

katelyn

What makes my school unique is the diversity it offers. It has a rich cultural background and is opening to people of all backgrounds, races, age, gender, and orientation. No one will ever feel as though they are alone or don't fit in because they are different. The most important part about this diversity is that it is celebrated, no one feels judged for being different. We don't box people into stero types, instead we embrace what makes us different.

Kate, don't do this to yourself, GO TO SCHOOL. Don't make excuses and do not be afraid of change. Embrace it. Sometimes things in life will be terrifying but don't run away. You are so much stronger than you know. Mommy and daddy love you and as your parents will always be there to support you. You will have plenty of time when they are older to repay them. You can't be ashamed of yourself or be afraid of not being good enough. You are and will alway be good enough. Try not to think about what you think other people need, you can't help others until you help yourself. So often people think about the now instead of the future or unfortunately the future instead of the now, live for both. Remeber to embrace the moment your in but know that everything has consequences.

I wish someone had explained to me how easy it is to go back to school after waiting for an extended period of time. Everyone says the longer you wait the harder it is, however I find its much easier than people make it seem. I put off going back to school for so long and made up so many excuses but finally this is happening for me! It's so important to me that it's been made easier because this is something that is usually considered very stressful.

Mariateresa

There is a culture of success at Delaware County Community College and everyone helps everyone get to their most successful.

Please don't listen to anyone who tells you that you are not eligible for financial aid. Apply to go to West Chester, or any other given college and see what happens. You will be so much happier in college. Get over your fears about math and try harder. Even if you go for Film Production, you'll still be better off than if you had believed the people who told you that you couldn't do it, or that you couldn't get enough financial aid. Take the risk and step out on your own and don't listen to your mother who told you to be a secretary and get married. You can do way more than you thought you could, when you have supportive people around you encouraging you.

Abigal

My classesmates all seemed to keep to themselves; most of them were not interested in making friends with people from their classes.

If I could go back in time to talk to myself as a high school senior I would would tell myself to take that final year more seriously. I would also tell myself there is nothing wrong with starting off at a community college and then transferring. High school may not have seemed that important to me at the time but looking back on it I realized how important it truly is for your future. Community college has helped me figure out what I would like to do with my life and what path I think would be best for me. I would want my high school senior self to know that even though I did not take most of high school years seriously, I could have still turned it around when I started at community college (which I did). I honestly believe I would tell my high school self that community college is the best first step for me for a bright future.

I believe people who have no idea what they would like to do with their lives would have a good experience at this school. I believe this school is a good start to figuring out what you would like to do with your life. Delaware County Community College is a good place to get your basic classes (such as Math, Science, and English) done before transferring.

Theresa

Convenient Locations in Delaware County, excellent academic programs, in nursing, liberal arts, computers and transfer opportunities. State of the art resouces and selection of course schedules. There are plenty of options for academic help if needed.

A positive attitude and flexibility will take you a long way. Let go of your fears, do not be intimidated, afraid, or ashamed of whom you are. Never let anyone talk you out of your dreams, because if you dream it you can achieve it. Know you don’t have all the answers, so do not hesitate to ask questions they bring you closer to the answer and where you want to go. At times the person you ask may not have your answer, that is OK maybe they can suggest a direction, keep asking. Participate in team activities you will learn so much about yourself and others and what motivates people. Make absolutely sure you take advantage of everything your tuition has to offer. Things like career development, academic advisors, libraries, recreational facilities, extra curricular activities, events, and research opportunities in your field of study all prepare you and help you grow. Have as much fun as you can, learning and exploring your experience. Your confidence will elevate.

No one should attend any institution of higher education that is not serious about learning and advancing their skill set. You have to be committed to education, the study and hard work required to graduate. If you are looking for the full campus experience such as living on campus, fraternities and sororities experience that is not found at a 2 year community college.

Theresa

This school prepares you for entry level positions for the program you complete, while attending you have access to the best stat-of-the-art support and resources available.

Always, apply yourself, never be afraid or to shy to ask questions. Never let anyone tell you your dreams are unimportant, listen to your heart and mind there is more than one way to reach your goals. Ask for help even when you are being bullied. Intimatation is debilitating. I was fortunate to get my first teacher of color he talk to me about shaving my grades and explained why that was not serving me well and would not make people my friends. He got me into Howard University, Howard, Drexel and the University of Pennsylvania were my choices, with just one phone call and who helped my parents get the administrative paperwork done.

The only frustration I felt, is that of transportation expenses and very long bus rides. Although the bus stop is just around the corner, the ride is one and one half hours, traffic and other events delay travel and you may miss classes and tests. If I had my own car I would save time.

Daniel

If I had the opportunity to go back in time and tell my high school self anything, I think the most important piece of advice that I would have would be not to take college life for granted. When I first attempted to go to school at Temple University, I did not get as involved in both my studies and extracurriculars as I should have been. When I decided to go back to Delaware County Community College, that all changed, and so did my outlook. At DCCC, I devoted myself to study and I dived into activities on campus. I became involved in the plays produced, sang in choirs and bands, and got experience in the college radio station. It kept me grounded and gave me something to really sink my teeth into on campus. As such, it further motivated me to succeed, and I honestly feel like I was able to get the most out of my time on DCCC's campus.

Very Focused, Laid-back

Very Focused, Laid-back

I was orginally attending Shippensburg University and then transferred to Delaware COunty. I would tell myself to just go to Delaware County and not go to Shippensburg University.

Cost, which happens with all schools

Stephen

Delaware is best known for its diversity and accessibility. Its location and tuition make it accessible for most students.

Making the transition to college life from high school has been a real eye-opener. In college, the level of accountability increases with the first lecture. I learned that I needed to be more self-reliant in my quest for information and that managing my time is an essential component of my education. If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior, I would stress the importance of time management and staying on top of all assignments. I would stress the importance of asking questions and the necessity of becoming familiar with the avenues available for research and additional instruction. I would tell myself that independence, self-reliance, and self-motivation are key attributes to embody in my quest for a college degree.

As a commuter at a community college, I don't feel as if I am able to connect with other students or become involved in campus activities. Since I am attending a two-year program, I feel as if I am in Limbo and would like to attend a four-year institution instead.

Tiarra

The staff of Delaware County Community College really care about the student body. They created smaller portioned classes so the teacher to student ratio would be fair enough for everyone to understand and know their professor. The tuition is not as expensive as other institutions.

Paying for college was one of the hardest parts of living the college life so, if I could go back I'd probably do more research on financial options. Convince myself to apply for financial aid, student loans and alot of scholarships. Unlike public high schools and elementary schools, college costs so I would've explained that college is not a party zone. Motivation is definitely key so I would tell myself to develop some really good note-taking skills.

The kind of people that should attend Delaware County Community College should be people that are definitely motivated. That includes people that didn't have the time or money a few years ago. DCCC is affordable and have many different campuses to choose from as well as online courses so you can attend whenever you have time.

Gabrielle

Delaware County Community College offers its students tranfer programs that coordinate to certain professions which allows them to focus on their career goal. Overall, this helped me save a lot money on basic classes the first year of my freshmen year.

I would explain to myself not worry about impressing others on what school I would be attending but, try to limit the amount debt I would cumulate. Also that starting out at Community college isn't 13th grade?we have accelerated college course and most student there are serious about their course work. Most important, it offers students exceptionally qualified professors without breaking the bank. So enjoy having money in your pocket for about two year because once you start your four college or Universary the loans with start accumlate. Work extremely hard and graduate!!!!

This doesn't apply me because my school has everything to help achieve my goal.

Delaware County Community College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.