Delaware County Community College Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for Delaware County Community College

Delia

Delaware Community College provides a great opportunity to all people seeking an education. Most of the professors I have had have been phenomenal and the education I have received is quality. The environment is great and I don't think I could have made a better choice for my first two years of college.

Kaihan

The campus is beautiful and there is no short of places to study. A year or two they added a huge study/lounge area with glass walls as well as expanding the cafeteria. The cafeteria food is very good and reasonably priced with a large variety of foods. The learning commons has no lack of computers and plenty of private rooms to do work. I could go on and on but my overall opinion of DCCC is extremely positive and I would definitely recommend anyone looking to attend.

I think that Delaware County Community College is a great place to start education. Also, as a community college, it is a great start before attending large universities. For those who are not used to getting around near large campuses and buildings, the Marple Campus is a great place to get used to areas like that.

Kadish

I love it

Alexis

Overall it's a nice college. I wish they had more times for classes available and had all classes available every semester. I am definitely enjoying my time here but I also wish there was some student housing opportunities, even if they're off campus.

Lauryn

I think Delaware county community college is great. They offer great programs and the staff is very helpful. They have guidance counselors to help and make info to students very easy to find and well known. I have been a student since I was a senior in high school because they offer dual enrollment and it helped me out a lot!

Kimberly

Delaware County Community College or DCCC is a great place to start your pursuit of higher education. I chose DCCC because it's an affordable option and has plenty of opportunities for transferring to a 4 year university. Most of the professors were dedicated to their jobs and made themselves readily available to their students and the small class size and multiple campuses around the area were pluses. I wish there could be more student life events and clubs but other than that I loved my time at DCCC.

Katrine

Delaware County Community College offers a wide variety of majors and has a long list of schools that you can transfer to after completing a two year degree. The teachers are helpful and truly care about the success of every student. The staff is very informative and they are patient. As a student, you feel that your needs are met. The school does a great job accommodating students and providing a engaging environment for students to learn.

Rebekah

Best. College. Ever. I love every minute I spend at the college, I'm known to pick classes that have me there for around thirteen hours at a time. I can't believe I'm graduating soon, I really don't want to leave. The professors are fun, and so are the classes. The cafeteria is amazing and renovated yearly. You can always see taxpayer dollars being used in the best possible way. The campus is tobacco free, so no worrying about second-hand smoke, and it doesn't have dorms, so there isn't really alcohol floating around the campus. We're always aware of the current issues, and we're ready to jump into what's going on around us. The staff are always so delightful, I can't help but smile when I talk to them. The campus is really beautiful, and very green compared to other colleges around us. It makes me happy to say I'm a part of Delaware County Community College.

Victoria

I love DCCC. I've been attending for two years and I would highly recommend it to anyone living in the area. Professors are awesome, classrooms are perfect size (not over crowded) and we get one-on-one relationships with educators and staff. Any Professor is easily accessible after class and it's a beautiful campus.

lilly

easy campus to walk around and learn. It is very clean outside and on campus. everyone is pretty nice and just doing their own thing before transferring out. Overall pretty good experience i would recommend coming here for any student who is unsure of what they want to do

Kelsey

I think that it is a great environment. The advisors were very helpful and made sure we had the information we needed to succeed. They also ensured their communication availability for us. The teachers were very helpful as well, always answering questions, whether in or outside of class. I was very happy with my time at this school, and I am sure others will receive great education environments if they attend Delaware County Community College.

The professors can be very hands on, how ever when they are not the come up very lacking and very ill prepared. There are many campuses to choose from ,some smaller than others with many class course options. Smaller campuses only have a few main classes.

emily

It's a pretty great school to go to, save money and get the same education as any other college or university. It's very diverse and you can make friends in your classes, or completely keep to yourself, and no one will judge you. I've had some trouble in previous semesters with bad professors so be careful who you pick in your classes.

Shabronah

A great and affordable college that I will soon have received my associates degree. They helped prepare and directed me into the direction of getting the education to further my career. The small classes rooms gave me the hands on learning experience I needed. They have plenty of interaction with the students, and interested into what they think or if they do nor don't understand.The professors were excellent, they were always available during and after class to assist with students if extra helped is needed.

David

I like Delaware County Community College a lot. I attend the Pennock's Bridge campus via dual enrollment and have had a great educational experience these past two years. I've made a lot of friends on campus and we keep in touch. We even work together to help further out educational knowledge. I have a good relationship with my professor and he is always there to help me when I don't understand something that we are learning.

samuel

Delaware county community college, is A hidden gem in my eyes. This is a wonderful and an amazing place to start or even finish your college years. From it is small classes that insures that each student is listened to and helped adequately, down to its beautiful and quite location. DCCC, not only allowed me to obtain my associate degree in mechanical engineering, but due to its caring teachers and staff, I felt that I received more than my moneys worth.

Gunner

I am looking forward to going there and very excited a lot of my classmates will be attending there too. I hope I can get scholarship money for tuition and books because my mom is a single parent and works 2 jobs and we can not afford the regular tuition amount.

Elric

It is a good place to go to. Its a quiet place which means its easier to get work done, There is a big area to work on computers or to have a good chat. The cafe is a good place to have lunk and is stocked with a variety of foods that can be bought, including microwavable foods with a microwave close by. And the professors are very accessible, and can be sent a message anytime online in which they will respond whenever they can. Thus DCCC is a good college.

Sandra

I do not go to the main campus but I do go to a branch. Delaware County Community College (DCCC) is a great college to get to know what you want to do. Although I said my major was psychology I was also thinking about being a biology major. DCCC gives you the opportunity to discover your passion and new studies. DCCC is known for students transferring students to other colleges after I take two semesters at DCCC I would like to attend West Chester University. The great thing about that is that they are partners with the school making college credits easy to transfer. I go to a career counselor and she is currently helping me figure out what I want to do and how I am going to transfer which I believe is very helpful. DCCC is a great school if you are not sure what you want to do yet.

Allecia

I love the school and the academics part of it. The food is pretty good but it is a community college so there is no living on campus or off campus, you most likely live with your parents still until you are ready to transfer. The teacher are all really nice and helpful and are always available to talk whether that is on the phone, in class, during their office hours, or through email.

Amyah

Delaware County Community College is a great place to start the next academic chapter in your life. Whether you're fresh out of high school and not sure what you want to do yet or someone looking to further educate themselves, this college is a wonderful starting point. There are so many clubs and activities to get involved in and a substantial amount of resources right at your fingertips. Tutoring is offered in private study rooms as well as help from professors, during office hours, if needed. If you're feeling lost and not sure which path you want to take, I assure you DCCC will not let you down!

Jeana

I think that Delaware County Community College is a very good school to take a few courses at however I do not recommend if you are looking for the college experience because it is a pretty small school and since it is a community college there is not housing.

Colin

Dccc is a great college and has awesome advisors. Both my professors and other faculty have helped me make decisions about my future. They offer online and night classes. On their main website they have tools that help students stay connected with their professors and classmates.

Lisa

I have not had any problems with Delaware County Community College! This is my second degree, and It has been very easy to re-learn how to use online resources, and staff has been very accessible when needed. I have felt as though professors care about our succcess in and out of the classroom.

Paige

People give that impression that community college is lame and that it isn’t fun, but it is not bad at all. At Delaware County Community College, I am saving a lot of money getting my gen ed’s done, still being able to see my friends, participate in extracurricular activities, and still feel independent. DCCC is fun and I feel safe. This campus in Marple is not confusing to get around and makes me feel very welcome. It is very diverse and appreciating. I am confident that going to Delaware County Community College was the right move for me and a swift transition into the real world and independent lifestyle. I have met a lot of great people here and made new friends while also given many opportunities to put myself out there. Not only are the students great, but the teachers are just as nice. All of my classes are moving along fluid and all my professors are understanding and helpful. I am able to do many things that do not intercept with my academic career. It is quite easy to keep my grades up wit all the lending hands for help and support. It is not difficult to get my work done, go to class, to extracurricular activities, and go to work. DCCC definitely helps me have my best life and gives me the most opportunities I could ask for. This school has allowed me to have a smooth transition and stress free days. I am grateful I came to DCCC for the first two years of my college life. I do not regret choosing this school and I don’t need to listen to all the people who do not agree with me because this path works for me.

PRECIOUS

It is amazing if you are serious, you know what you doing and you put your mind to it. TO be honest I was confused at first when I came into dccc but I was focused and determined to pass and to be honest I knew what I wanted and went straight for it. My advice would be if you are looking for an associate program to go to with lesser loans please apply here because it is affordable