Delgado Community College Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for Delgado Community College

bishop

Definitely somewhere to be and expand your horizon. Experience is all you’ll ever need. To just further your mind and experience new things. Amazing city, and great staff. Most of them actually care and want you to succeed and be great. Go to extreme lengths.

kayla

Delgado community college is a great college to help those get a head start on their career.

Robert

The Certificate of Technical Studies program in Electrician: Small Industrial is designed to prepare individuals to apply technical knowledge and skills to install, operate, maintain, and repair electric apparatus and systems for the industrial environment. Includes instruction in the principles of electronics and electrical systems, wiring, power transmission, safety, job estimation, electrical testing and inspection, and applicable codes and standards.

Donisha

Delgado Community College is an amazing college. Delgado is a institution that has so much to offer to any student weather they are transferring, returning, or freshmen students . I chose to attend Delgado because they stood out to me. Delgado is the only school that a person can go to school for a short period of time and get a great paying job. I am truly blessed to be apart if this amazing family. I feel that Delgado will help me think critical and prepare me for the real world. I would be honored to receive this scholarship because I know it will not only help me when paying for important but keep me motivated. I ma applying to the radiology tech program next semester and that program there are many things that need to be paid for such as uniforms, books, gas to get back and forth to clinical, etc. This scholarship will help me out a lot with any financing I need for school. Also it would lower my stress levels about how I will pay for this or that. I am forever and always will be one of Delgado's biggest supporters, thank you

Roneka

Delgado is a place for opportunity, the professors are extremely smart with a lot to pass to the next for success. Delgado is a place where all students should be comfortable to learn. There's no competition to education, everyone learn at their own pace. Delgado is a college that wouldn't leave any student behind from learning.

Anastasiia

It's a good place to start as an international student. The price of education is reasonable, which is very comfortable. Also, classrooms are comfortable and the library in City Park is really good. Yet, as an international student, I am not allowed to have a financial aid. Also, there is not a lot of engagement between student, which was really bad for me as an international student who really needed a lot of activities at my first year of studying. Also, there are a lot of evening classes that start at 5:30, but the caffeteria is always closed at 4 pm or so, and the only thing you can eat is food from vending machines. Again, I have mixed feelings about everything.

Christine

Delgado Community College is the one that won't give up! Hurricanes, economic difficulty, et cetera. I'm not into sports so I don't follow our baseball or soccer teams (no football), but there are clubs and classes and honor societies everywhere. I like the tenacity, and the culture, and the diversity.

gabbie

It could be a lot better if there were more groups around the school. Nobody is involved in anything & the advisors don't know what they're telling you 90% of the time. Its a waste of money to go here. Parking is pretty good overall but don't expect a front spot.

Alexis

When I first got there, it was great considering the school I was at before. The counselor's provided me with a paper that showed a general path I should go on for school. Any time after that that I met with counselors, they weren't very helpful clearing up any questions that I had. Then it just got worse from there. I had a teacher that would constantly put my class down and come to class impaired and mix up formulas and get mad at us for not knowing the formula even though he told us the formula backwards or mixed up and nothing was done about this teacher when I seeked help.

Arielle

It's overall a great college with a warm atmosphere. Administrators are helpful and genuinely care about students' success. There are several organizations for students to get involved in. There are several degree concentrations offered, but if you find yours isn't offered, this college is a good place to get any prerequisites and general education done.

Glorious

As a first time student attending Delgado, I love it! The theater students perform shows. We also have two sports which consist of basketball and baseball, but I do wish there were many more recreational activities that went on. The student life center is an amazing hangout spot as well. The environment is great, people interact with each other, and the food always smells great, with many food options to choose from.

Kennesha

Delgado is a really great community college. The school is very cost efficient. The student life is average, because most students are working full time jobs and are trying to attend school. The staff are usually helpful with any questions or concerns you may have. The school has many resources to help you with your studies. There is two on campus dining spots. If you are thinking about attending Delgado, give it a try!

Adriana

Delgado is very good at giving you the basics of what you need at a very responsible fee compared to Louisiana state colleges. You will not receive an amazing campus vibe or community because everyone is at this school for a different reason and has their own lives to get back to. This school is very serious about it's academics, because no one is here to get away from Mom and Dad, they want to better themselves.

I have enjoyed my time at Delgado Community College. The very first day I was on the main campus there was a Student Government Association annual crawfish event. Although I was not yet enrolled, I was on campus to ask some questions about the college itself. The SGA students were very helpful in answering my questions, providing opinions, and giving directions to new students such as myself. I will never forget their kindness on my first day. It made me feel like I was part of a family, the Delgado family.

Olivia

Overall Delgado is the place to start whether you know what you plan to major in or if you need help with schooling. Delgado has so many resources and help for those in need. They also have very nice and caring professors who work with you. You won't find this kind of help anywhere.

Janae

I like Delgado. The office staff are pretty lazy so beware. You typically need to stay on top of them for everything. Other than that, everyone is super helpful. This semester I’m taking a lot of online classes but my teachers really helped make sure I was all set up for class. The students are also pretty helpful. And it’s located in New Orleans which is a city just crawling with culture and good food. :)

Rosemary

Delgado Community College is a good short-term college to start pre-requisites. I would personally not recommend Delgado as a long-term college choice. The best part about Delgado is the class size and the quite places to study. Delgado is not a school if you want to meet new people or join new groups.

Kristian

It is good school there is a lot of improvement in different areas we are working on. I am a part of Phi Theta Kappa, the Student Government Association, the Honors Program, Chemistry club, Biology club, and Cardio club. There are plenty of things to do around campus the problem is people either don't know or they do not take the school seriously and are here to play.

Maraja

I love Delgado community college, I would recommend this college for anyone that's just beginning or looking for a loving education. The teachers I have came in contact with makes sure that you understand the subject to the best of their needs. I thought online classes were intimidating but Delgado community college gave me a new outlook.

anastacia

I attended DCC for the Fall 2018 semester. I took A&P II and was very impressed. The professors were always ready to answer questions. They had free tutoring for every subject and the hours make it easy for anyone to get help. The campus security was always around to keep us students safe. The campus was only but still very pretty.