Eastern Iowa Community College District Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for Eastern Iowa Community College District

Olivia

Eastern Iowa Community Colleges are a great place to save money and continue your education before transferring to another college. There is a wide variety of classes and ways to attend. Professors like Anna Schony and Christine Sandstrom are some of the most caring professors you will ever have the honor of working with.

Christina

It is a pretty good school. Most of the advisors are very helpful. The compass test lady wasnt the nicest. but it is cheaper than most colleges around the area.

Kamber

My over all opinion of Eastern Iowa community school district would be that everyone is always working hard for the same end goal, education and diversity. The eastern Iowa Community always wants to make you feel comfortable and have options for you to choose from. Eastern Iowa takes the extra step to accommodate everyone and ensure everyones happiness.

Casey

This community college is pretty great. Teachers are very fair and helpful. You get a good bang for your buck and a pretty good education. Plenty to do outside of classes and alot of extra opprotunities in clubs. Very friendly students and there is a great tutoring system in place. I would recomend to others.

Elexis

Scott Community College is a decent school. Since it's a 2-year, there isn't any on-campus housing. Pretty much anyone who goes there either lives in Bettendorf or Davenport already, so there's no need for additional housing. The cafeteria has decent food, mostly just subway and then like 5 vending machines. Very clean campus, the bathrooms are always really nice. The library is nice and quiet, I just wish printing was free. The art classes are great though. Always an open studio for out-of-class individual work. It's a calm, peaceful atmosphere that makes you want to stay out there all day and work. The bookstore employees are nice, always helpful and easy to talk to. If they don't know any answer, they will do all they can to find it out for you. Very personable.

Rayne

The overall feel of the campus is really great. Everyone is extremely friendly, including the instructors. There is no way you will feel unwelcome anywhere you go on campus. I also feel like I am getting a really good education and the instructors actually care whether I am doing well or not. For less cost than a big university, I feel like I am getting a better education in an even better environment.

Sidney

It's a good sized college and the faculty is easy to talk to. The library is a nice size and it is easy to get the books you need. The school's bookstore has plenty of schools clothing and it's easy to vet your class books. The school is easy to get around in and know where you are.

Shawnee

My overall opinion of Eastern Iowa Community College District is that it is a great community college option. It was one of the best decisions I have made. Going to Scott Community College has impacted me greatly and given me a completely different outlook on life. I feel that the classes being taught are in-depth and help students grow throughout their time studying here.

Aeris

Scott Community College in the Eastern Iowa Communtiy College district is an amazing school. All of my professors care about me and my success, sometimes more then I care about my own success. They want to make sure everyone is taken care of without favoritism. Some teachers are relaxed and others not so much but its always a respectful place. There are plenty of people who will be around to help you no matter what as long as you ask. Its as friendly as you can get.

Grace

I went to Muscatine because of their Agribusiness Management Program, and I was slightly disappointed. While being able to go on 4 internships during your 2 year degree term is nice, it's frustrating when the professors try to steer you towards one that is irrelevant to your career path. If the internships would help guide me in my career path, I would have given EICC a better rating. Another point is that certain professors really need to update their courses and correlate them with current and relevant material. Otherwise, the Agribusiness Management program is an average community college program.

Jenna

It's a small community college that offers affordable classes. All the instructors I had were very kind, knowledgeable and easy to contact outside of class hours. If you are going for your general education classes or associates degree before transferring to a university, I highly recommend this Eastern Iowa Community College.

Abigail

I had both great and not so great professors. Over all they all were very flexible and would listen to what you had to say. Grades above C are not hard to get, just be diligent to do your homework and follow the rules. The college is great and there are multiple oppertoonitys to be accessed throughout your time there.

Abigail

Alana

I have meet so many amazing people here and I believe that it is a very good school. I have meet lifelong amazing friends here. Most of the teachers are very involved and care about how the students feel. I actually feel so much more at home here then I have my other schools in Muscatine.