Wilburton, OK
Eastern Oklahoma State College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Eastern Oklahoma State College

Caitlin

If I could go back and talk to the freshly graduated me, I would tell myself three things. First I would tell myself to stick with it. I only allowed myself three days to try to adjust to living away from home before deciding to commute. I now believe that had I stayed at least a week or two I might have been able to handle it better. The second thing I would tell myself is to reach out and make as many new friends as possible. It is those friends you make that keep you from losing it when times get tough. It is those friendswho will comfort you when you bomb your first test and keep you from spending all your time studying. The final thing I will tell pre-college me is that you will make mistakes. Every college student is going to make a bad grade at least once, get lost the first time you enter a building, and will probably offend someone by accident.

Eastern Oklahoma State College is located in Wilburton, OK. Wilburton is a small community. The access to a lot of things is limited. Someone used to be being able to trot over to Starbucks for a coffee might find it a little barren. Although there is a small rural hospital in Wilburton, the closest large hospital is thirty minutes away. Many major stores are also located half an hour away. An individual trades the ability to make a quick "Wal-mart run" for the chance to attend a close-knit school.

Eastern Oklahoma State College would be the perfect school for someone who is a little nervous about entering college. The classes are small enough that you get plenty of one on one attention. There aren't great droves of people and no one has a chance to get lost in the crowd. It is primarily known as an agricultural college, but the science program is wonderful. If a person is for a quiet friendly school to get their college start, Eastern is the perfect place.

Eastern Oklahoma State College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.