Compton, CA
El Camino College-Compton Center

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend El Camino College-Compton Center

Jonathan

I love the small community and professors are extremely willing to help students succeed. Professor Valerie Woodward had made my experience here extremely worthwhile I've learned so much from her and have become more self confident. The size of the school really works to students advantage.

Ashlei

Overall I think this is a good community college to get your AA Degree from . The school may not be that big but the professors are good and you actually get an education here . There are sports teams which I have participated on and there is a good vibe at the school . Most times it is pretty laid back.

Ricardo

The Compton Center is a great campus to learn and to meet amazing professors. The professors here are the best any student can ever ask for. They're always available to help students and have a great attitude. Overall, this campus is amazing because of the resources and availability of the professors.

Jamie

El Camino College-Compton Center, is actually better than I expected. The programs they have for us students, such as the FYE (First Year Experience), in which I partake in, is great for us starting college without knowing what to expect. The faculty for that program are so generous. They help students make the transition from high to college and 2 year college to 4 year college seem not so scary as we think when we begin. The class sizes aren't as big. The professor has time to chat with you and get to you know. The classes are interactive, it's not just lecture after lecture. Over all, so far my experience at El Camino College-Compton Center has been great. I have met the most amazing people and professors!

Fred

El camino college is one of the beat schools to go to. It is centrally located to serve most of not all of the south Bay. There is also a large number of students from outside the county who enjoy the classes so much that they ate willing to commute to get to el camino

Katherine

When people hear the word, "Compton" people are automatically quick to judge. They'll think what they see in the movies, it's all about gang and violence. El Camino Compton believe it or not is actually a great school! The professors here are eager to teach their students not only in their subjective lecture, but also to give us some wisdom and motivation. El Camino Compton is a well diverse school, we are a minority school, so when others look down upon us, they are actually just fooling themselves. I've seen many students on campus aspiring to be in the medical field, engineers, teachers, and so on. El Camino Compton is a great school, believe it or not!

Elexus

My classmates are eccentric fun creative people, they are very opionated and very proud of what they have to say, they can back up what they say and are very intelligent educated people.

The advice I would give is take your time and actually take all the steps into getting into the college you want to. I didn't really take my time in senior year because I was just worried about graduating and all the fun things right after that. Getting into a university was somewhat a goal and somewhat not a goal, I told myself I would work instead of going to school because I felt that after highschool there was no need for school but then I sat back and realized I wouldnt want to work at a McDonalds for the rest of my life and say "this is what I do"; I didn't want to do that. I now realized that I'm in school to earn my degree in Psychology and say thats what I want to do for the rest of my life actually doing something instead of sitting around and wondering what could have been.

The worst thing about my school I'd say is just the buildings most of them are still from the 90's they are run down and old and some damage but there new buildings coming into place and the school is becmoning new and is somewhat under construction. But it doesnt affect my learning at all.

Richard

My school its very helpful and understanding. The teachers that we have here are good people they got patience and will work with you.

Having a losing streak in football.

If i coulld go back in time i wouldd haved prepared my self for has came up in my life and that i should haved stayed in school and stay ed focused and not mess around with the young females.

Marlene

I now that you are planning on attending Cal State Los Angeles because your mother won't allow you to go out of state. Even though your angry now you might not feel the same in two years. She only wants what's best for you and she thinks living at home is the best thing for you. It is true that you don't have to worry about paying bills and rent. What you do have to worry about is taking that extra semester of math. I know you don't want to because Math was always our weakest subject, but because you fail to take that extra semester, we end up taking a year off school. Your acceptance to Cal State LA is revoked, and you consider not even attending college anymore. You said you never wanted to attend community college, but guess what you do. It took a good friend to push you to attend, and now that you are, it turned out to be not so bad. You save money and get the same education. Now I've said what I needed to say. You can choose to listen. The future is in your hands.

The worst thing I would say is probably the parking. At times you can't even find parking, so you have to end up parking off campus. Another thing about the school, is that sometimes teachers share classes and you have to wait outside for a teacher to finish his or her class. Sometimes they take longer than they are supposed to.

The most fustrating thing about my school is that you never know what's going on. You miss a lot of things because the school doesn't send out newsletters to your email. In order to see what events are coming up, you have to log on into their website and sometimes you don't have time.

dennis

my school is sumwhat a school of small funding and the student body is diversed

my school is sumwhat a school of small funding and the student body is diversed

goin back first i would tell myself to pick a college you want to go to no matter what other people say. take your time with the opposite sex. dot take a class beacuse your friends are. find out who the (easy ) teachers are lol. ask about the food and the dorms. ask about curfews. ask about teacher student ratio. dont be afraid to go away from your friends. make sure you can get a long with people not fro where your from. new is not always a bad thing

the lack of couselors and classes

El Camino College-Compton Center administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.