Farmingdale State College Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for Farmingdale State College

Rachael

Farmingdale offers a fairly local option for college students that needed to take the next step after community college, such as myself. I am not very involved in extracurricular activities at school due to work, but I know there are a multitude offered there

Michaela

I love Farmingdale. The campus is amazingly beautiful and the people are so nice. I just moved here not long ago from Ohio so I am still trying to get used to the NY life. The people in my classes have a sense of humor and are really nice. Everyone is there for one another and if we need help, there is always someone to turn to. Love being on campus.

Omiera

Overall, Farmingdale State College is a well rounded and well respected college. It is a comfortable environment in which students can study at any time. Applying to Farmingdale has been a great decision for me and I would highly recommend for others to apply.

It's a great college. The campus is easy to walk around in. People are walking everywhere with smiles and talk to eachother often. The environment is green. There are beautiful gardens and flowers around campus. The campus itself is very clean and organized as well.

Gabriela

it needs more activities , clubs and more student involvement

Ashar

Farmingdale State College is a very valuable SUNY higher education institution that provides quality academics and a college experience. The diversity and the campus overall makes it a good college as the teachers, extracurricular activities, and the courses are very engaging and informative.

Uchenna

So far, I love this college! I have no real complaints as the food and the services around campus are very adequate, the campus itself is fairly large but not too large in which someone can get lost easily. I would recommend it to many of my friends and family.

Karin

Farmingdel State College is a beautiful campus with excellent facilities and lots of truly accomplished professors. You'll be in awe simply biking to and from class. Other aspects of FSC didn't turn out to be quite the paradise I expected, but it is still a quality experience overall. Be happy if you get in, but don't sweat over it too much if you don't.

Victoria

Great school I recommend people to come to this school. I am going to get a bachelor in technology. It is a great place to be. There are teachers that are also part time active workers. Which I find a great thing so they can tell you what is important and current in the real world.

John

I am a big fan on my college. There's a great variety of lucrative majors available to pursue, and professors who care deeply for the students to succeed in their respective fields. The extracurricular activities are also of a great variety and quality, ran by many qualified students with little intervention necessary on the part of professors. Support for students with disabilities is exceptional, providing them with any assistance needed while allowing them to be independent in their individual goals. Overall, a solid school at a great tuitions.

Mark

Farmingdale State College is a public SUNY school located in Melville, New York. With an enrollment of seven thousand plus undergraduate students, it can be seen as a fairly competitive school to get into. They offer a broad spectrum of majors which include business, technology, liberal arts, forensics, and more! I am currently a senior student working towards my bachelors degree in business management & administration and have been attending this school for over a year. I am going to give my unbiased review of this school from my eyes, and would like to review it based on two criteria. This criteria includes academics as well as student and campus life. Thus, this review shall allow for a foundational insight for a student thinking about applying here. Academics is a big factor for me when applying to any school for obvious reasons. I have heard from many of my colleagues that Farmingdale State College was a great choice for a business major like myself. Keep in mind I transferred from Suffolk Community College to Farmingdale, so I transferred as a junior. I was skeptical that this school would be right for me, but since day one I fell in love with it. Academic wise this school is great for a broad range of majors. Class sizes are not too big, ranging from 15-60 students, allowing more one on one time and easier learning. Throughout my time at Farmingdale I have never had a problem with a professor, and every class has been a delightful learning experience. For example, my 409w Strategic Management class has taught me a lot about objectively and subjectively analyzing companies and industries for investment purposes and overall company growth strategies. Professors offer flexible office time hours and all of my teachers have done their best to help every student in need no matter what. Students look for professors who are passionate, engaging, caring, and approachable. Every teacher I have met has checked everything off that list. As for majors, Farmingdale offers over 83 total majors, minors, and associate level degrees. I am currently in the business management & administration major and I am more than happy about my decision. Through my major I am offered internship positions as part of my learning experience which I am extremely happy and grateful for! Although academics is a huge factor, considering the student and campus life is crucial as well since you are committing two to four years of your life at said institution. Taking my first steps on this campus gave me a feeling of being welcomed, a feeling I never experienced while attending Suffolk Community College. For being a state college, you really get that feeling of “college” life throughout campus which was a big motivator of mine when I applied. They have a campus center where they host events, contests, scholarship opportunities, and more. I have met a good amount of my friends by attaining these events throughout the year. For art students they hold art exhibits all around campus, and for athletics they hold many campus events. Student’s have a plethora of resources to go to when in need for things such as academic help, financial help, and more. Included some way or another in most colleges is the presence of Greek life. This is one area in which I feel there is a lack of. In fact, I did not really know there was any Greek life within the school until one of my classmates mentioned it to me. More activities should be centered around joining these fraternities and sororities if they want to see it grow. Furthermore, student and campus life is also judged based on food, dorms, safety, and athletics. Although I wish I could provide more info for the dorms within the school, I have never seen or been in one. As for the food, I have never eaten the food within the school as I always brought my own lunch. Instead, I will mention the selection of food in this review. I have been in the cafeteria plenty of times and the food they provide looks delicious. They provide countless options from smoothies, burritos, chicken fingers, sushi, burgers, and more! Though the food is a bit pricey, at least to me, I have heard great things about the food here. As for the safety of the students, there was never a time where I felt out of place or had a sense of danger in any part of the campus. There are two police stations, one located within the campus, and another located a mile away from the campus. Police are always seen patrolling the parking lots and campus even at late nights. Lastly, athletics is a big part of this school, but not to the degree that I would hope for. Farmingdale is a division three school and prioritizes a variety of sports. But, what they don’t prioritize is the student engagement when it comes to visiting and viewing these sporting events. I rarely hear people mention their plans on seeing a basketball game or volleyball game. It’s disheartening in some ways since athletic events can really bring people together in ways they couldn’t imagine. To further conclude, athletic training is big here at Farmingdale and I have seen and participated in some drills. The gym is small yet versatile to get the athletes where they need to be. The courts and turf are big and aesthetic, which really helps tie in the “Rams” spirit. Overall, my time here at Farmingdale State College has been a great experience. I have made countless friends from classes and campus events that I never thought I would have. I have been able to learn and propel further in my career and studies due to the programs offered. I have been able to continue my athletic endeavors because of the provided facilities. All while feeling like I’m “away” from home while still commuting back and forth. Though they do need improvement in areas like Greek life and athletics. I would recommend this college to anyone thinking about attending!

Isaiah

Farmingdale State College is an amazing school that provides its students with the best opportunities possible for their success. There are counselors that are always there to help the students learn and grow from every event they experience. The professors care about their students and they are willing to guide students through each class if the students are ready to put in the work. At Farmingdale State College we don't wish for it, we work for it! It is truly a great institution and I am excited to experience the rest of my time there before my graduation.

Arelis

I had my doubts about attending this college, but i’ve now realized how underrated Farmingdale is. Yes, it it not the most elite college but because of that, it makes it a very unique school. This college helped me with my transition from high school to college in that its not an overbearing lifestyle. Students are always fun to be around while also being very academically involved. The campus just has this simple feel to it that makes you comfortable. The faculty has just been phenomenal, from helping me with homework to guiding me for future success. I have now become very close to one professor because professors at Farmingdale will take their time to engage with the students. This is something that should be taken into consideration when choosing a college. All in all, this college has treated me well and I recommend it highly. If you take the time to engage in this campus, you will be satisified with the outcome.