Florida Institute of Technology Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for Florida Institute of Technology

Sohaib

Florida Tech is the best small university in America Florida Tech is a global research university, ranked as the best Tier 1 national university by US News and World Report. Surrounded by companies and organizations such as SpaceX, Northrop Grumman, Harris Corporation, Boeing, and NASA, Florida Tech knows the importance of hands-on expertise, cutting-edge research, and high-tech innovation. Its graduates often go to work full-time at these global companies, using their expertise to use as computer scientists, ocean engineers, aeronautical engineers, astrobiologists, and physical scientists, to name a few. Florida Tech students work hard and play hard too. This beachfront community boasts over 300 days of sunshine.

Lea

I am in my first semester at Florida Tech and I honestly love it. The campus is beautiful! All of my professors are readily available. All of the staff I have interacted with have been so kind and helpful. They are doing an awesome job in terms of Covid precautions; masks are required everywhere while on campus and there are hand sanitizer stations all over campus.

Chanyce

Florida Institute of Technology is a great community of people. Its a nerd school so your small obsessions wont be judge here. Look in to greek life because it isn't like how the media shows it. There are real people in there that are always there when you need them. The school is hard but the people here make it worth it.

Ginalyn

They seem to be seriously after educating their students. They strive hard to help each and every student be successful in any path. They offer a lot of student resources even for online classes. What makes me be proud to be part of this school even though I am taking online class, is that you feel to be part of the entire campus even if you are just doing online schooling. The faculty genuinely cares about you learning with consistent email and messages on how to assist you or offers of resources. Amazing school!

Andres

Florida Tech is a great place to jump in engineering! It is the only place where you can see astronauts walking on campus. In addition, there are many places on campus, such as the botanical garden, where you can relax and take a break from college. The diversity is awesome, there are tons of different cultures to learn from! The cultural festivals are my favorite, basically each continent has its own day. The dinning hall gets decorated according to the place, for example, for the Latin American day, the dinning hall was decorated with the flags of all the Latino countries, all the typical foods from Latin American were served for dinner (and many other choices just in case), typical desserts, and of course Latino music! There is more things going on but i encourage you to just imagine how many things from all around the world you could see.

Angelique

I love my university, I have a great relationship with all of my professors and my department as a whole. The school is expensive, so my recommendation is to get as much as possible from your time there and make the money worth it. I enjoy my major, and there are plenty of research opportunities.

Robinson

Florida Tech is one of those schools that has one of the most rigorous academics for its reputation. The professors are well aware of the subject and the courses provided often pose some sort of challenge to students. This is the type of place you come to in order to work hard and not mess around. Do not let that scare you, the campus also does a good job of providing events here and there to help students feel relaxed. Nonetheless, students will primarily be working but at the same time will be enjoying themselves. It gives a sense of accomplishment when you know hard work pays off.

Paige

To say I’m lucky to be a student at Florida Institute of Technology is an understatement. At Florida Tech, the educational opportunities presented to me are boundless. I have the ability to pursue my dreams and make them a reality. If you truly value your education and want to gain experience in your field, this is the place for you. Since becoming a student here, I am more confident than ever that my future is going to be a very bright one.

Tessamarie

It is a great school for those who are willing to work for what they want. There aren't many things to do in the surrounding area unless you have a car and are willing to drive at least 10-20 minutes. The weekends around the school often make the school seem ghost-like.

Austin

Florida Tech is a great school for engineering. while the price is a bit higher than most they make up for it in the educations you are receiving. F.I.T. isn't like most schools if you want to be successful you have to put in the work. the best part of F.I.T. is the atmosphere around campus, you are on the most diversified college campus. in one class you might have all American students and in the next, you're the only one.

Cassie

There are many great opportunities for internships, but some classes are difficult to get into. I decided to go online due to traffic.

Sydney

Although I am a liberal arts major at a tech school dominated by engineers, physicists, math majors, and other STEM subjects, I really do enjoy the school. There are a lot of really good ways to get involved, not only on campus, but in the community and I wholeheartedly believe involvement in your college community can improve your experience as a student. The class sizes are extremely manageable and are comparable to that of a high school - that is, most classes are 30 students or less. The professors that I have experienced and that I have heard about from my friends really care about their students and there are a lot of opportunities for students to get involved in research and other ways to further their education outside the classroom.

LeAnn

The Florida Institute of Technology screams opportunity. You walk onto campus and you're inspired by all of the awards, the knowledgeable professors, the alumni who have gone onto find life-changing discoveries, and the passion everyone has for what they do. Florida Tech isn't for the meek or ill-minded individuals. Florida Tech feels like home to any future engineer, scientist, teacher, and anyone with a dream of changing the world.

Molly

I absolutely love my school, from the challenging academics to the knowledgeable professors to the other kids I have met along the way! There is plenty to get involved with on campus, no matter what your major is or what you are interested in, there is something for you!

Allie

Florida Institute of Technology is mainly a multi-cultural STEM school with a few liberal arts and business majors thrown in. FIT works with large national and global corporations on student projects that receive awards. If you are interested in sports or Greek Life, they have those options along with many other clubs. Melbourne is a great area if you are into the small town beach cluster, but a great thing is major cities are only a few hours away.

jose

Florida Institute of Technology is a great university where you can learn a lot things, especially if you are someone who takes advantage of the oportunities they offer. Eventough Florida Tech is a great place, it is very expensive. not even other prestigious universities are this expensive.

Rebecca

Florida Tech is a great school. The professors genuinely care about your education and success and are there to help you even if you are no longer their student. The environment is wonderful, especially with such a large international population. You get to learn a lot about different cultures and meet a lot of great people from around the world. There is always something to do, and endless ways to get involved.

Andrea

Florida Institute of Technology has a warm environment built into it. The classes and professors are difficult, but it is known that a good education is obtained. The professor to student ratio is favorable since the professors know their students, and could be beneficial for recommendation letters in the future. Additionally, there are many educational resources available that make the college experience more manageable and successful.

Sean

Florida Institute of Technology is a fantastic school for academics although it may be lacking in other aspects of college. The professors are very nice and are willing to explain topics as simple as possible in order that their students understand the material completely.

Florida Institute of Technology is a school that is very dedicated to its academics. The professors are always reachable whether it be by office hours or by email. If a professor cannot help a student or the student does not like the professor, there are many other resources available to help with the classes. The social life at Florida Tech is very welcoming. Students and staff are always trying to get students involved by holding activities and other fun events.

Sarai

My overall opinion of Florida Tech is that I love the school. AT first, I did not want to go here because I am from the county and I wanted to leave home for college but after a week, I was hooked and knew I did not want to transfer schools.

Chloe

FIT is extremely diverse, with 33% of the students international. Additionally, the academics are challenging, and there are abundant opportunities to get involved in research on campus. Classes are small, and most professors make an effort to get to know their students.

Renee

This is the best university thus far, I went to a college before and compared to that college FIT is 1000 times better. You're never alone because your representative checks on you often and makes sure your on the correct track, super helpful and charming. If you need help you will always be able to get in contact with someone at any office. The work load is tolerable and the professors actually care. If I had to recommend this school to anybody, I would recommend it to EVERYBODY.

Molly

I have wanted to come to Florida Tech ever since I was a kid, because I loved the atmosphere on the campus the the quality of people, professors and education on campus. After finishing up my Freshman year, I can honestly say it is everything I imagined it to be and more! I made life-long friends as soon as the first few days on campus, made a ton of friends in class, and am never bored with everything Florida Tech has to offer.

Tamsin

This doesn't really ask relevant questions for the online Applied Behavior Analysis course sequence with is a great career booster. The online platform is well organized and they have support to answer tech questions for when passwords fail or your antivirus blocks you test proctor. The curriculum is well organized and sets students up for success to pass the credentialing exam.

Nicholas

I love this school. It suits me well. If you like a smaller campus with a specialized curriculum of studies this is the school for you. It is for me! I visited 2 other campuses in Florida that offered aeronautical science, neither came close to FIT.

James

Fantastic

Karla

It is good.

brittany

I’m determined to become the best astronomer and astrophysicist I can be, and I want the best program to mold me into that person. Florida Institute of Technology hands down has one of the best Astronomy and Astrophysics program in the United States. I love how it has numerous opportunities for its students to gain work experience and conduct research with faculty and leaders in the space industry. Also, the small class sizes and the opportunity to receive one-on-one attention from professors is what I need to achieve my highest level of education. Florida Tech offers many different opportunities to be involved in a research project. I’m ready to be a part of observations with the Ortega telescope or the telescopes at Kitt Peak National Observatory and Cerro Tololo Inter-American Observatory. My career goal is to become an astronomer and astrophysicist and help discover the mysteries the universe is hiding, and Florida Tech is the key that will get me there.

Ethan

It's an overall solid choice for a school. Many of the people are quite hospitable and welcoming for any field or activity. There just happen to be a few kinks every once in a while in the general experience. Some of the sports get more focus than others as well as the grading can be a bit harsh or confusing in some classes.

Ayse

FIT is a small and nice university. If you choose classes that has good instructors, the you probably going to be very successful. Life is on campus is overall, there are no big parties or concerts going on. I have to say that FIT cares a lot about success. Nice place for students who wants to just focus on classes.

I believe Florida Tech is a great school for people who want a great education in engineering and involvement with professors. There are so many opportunities to obtain a career after attending this school which makes the level of difficulty worth while. There are some downfalls in the liberal arts area, but this is a tech school. Science and engineering majors take priority and the funding and research opportunities here are something important to note, making this school a little more unique and a good place to attend. Not to mention, the school is 10 minutes from the beach!

An amazing school, very diverse and an exceptional research school. The student are genuinely interested in their students and the motivation is shown each and everyday. Florida Institute of Technology is located near the beach and makes college life less stressful,.

Dwashema

The school is very diverse, you meet students from all over the world which is amazing! The campus is all about putting students first, so they is always someone to help you and get you everything you need. The location it is in Florida makes you feel like your in paradise daily! Also, Florida Tech is very big on giving students the opportunity to study abroad. So there is always somewhere for students to go and get college credits, but the school also offers spending money so you can explore and have fun at the same time. This school is very expensive, but it is absolutely worth it. I am very happy that I transferred to this school when I did, and I am loving every minute of it.

Holly

When I first started, I was afraid I would not fit in. After the first week, I knew the campus and realized that everyone welcomes you with open arms. Not only are the instructors always available to help, but other students are always willing to offer their support and help. The main goal of this college is to succeed, no matter what issues or problems arise in or out of college, there are resources everywhere that can help. This gave me extra confidence and reassurance that this was the college I would be proud of going to. Three years later and a GPA of 3.7, I would recommend this college to those who wish to succeed in education. It has the most positive atmosphere and provides accelerated education to all who wish to have a good higher education experience.

Kyle

I think that it is a great school with fantastic academics. The town is nice and the food is good. Overall it is a very good experience and the safety of the campus is phenomenal. There are plenty of places to eat and some things to go out and do. These things include the beach, downtown, mall, movie theaters and even boating on the river. Although a smaller town, I love it and I am proud to call it home! Go Panthers!!

Robinson

Florida Tech has a lot of research opportunities for all students alike. I think a main highlight of this school is the professors and students you get to meet. You appreciate the variety of people there and what they are passionate about. It's very inspiring and motivating for students who may be lost. Academics are very rigorous. What I am about to say is on behalf of the Physics & Space Science Department. Rigorous in a good way: A multitude of classes have such a variety of topics that you will be covering a lot of information. There is a pace you will feel in each class that you need to follow. Make sure to keep up with it and most importantly, familiarize yourself with people who are in the same major as you. These people are the ones you will be having classes with for the next 4 years. Study groups have helped me so much with classes I personally thought I would fail. It may seem like everyone is competitive but as you progress through your degree, you will see that people are also there to look out for one another. Rigorous in a bad way: My main problem with a lot of classes is they expect you to have certain skills that you had no idea you needed. To give examples, I will talk about three classes. Astrophysics 1 & Astrophysics 2 really depend on the students knowing Python. Even though Python is not a requirement for these classes on the degree program....you end up using it quite a bit. I wish the degree program mentioned somewhere that we needed to know this because it ultimately messed students up. For my Orbital Mechanics class, we had a lot of homework and a main project that were heavily dependent on MATLAB. Same situation where it doesn't say it is a requirement or that we need to know it but we did. I think to prepare for classes in general during your junior/senior year. Ask professors and people who are currently taking them. This is honestly the best way to prep rather than doing personal searching for topics YOU think might be discussed in class. In any STEM field, I think friends and colleagues are a main source of help but also a main source of stress relief. I remember a multitude of times where I had large study groups and aside from studying, we also talked about the stresses on our mind. Having that outlet is necessary and really does affect mentality positively. For any student enrolled at Florida Tech, I wish you the best of luck with your journey!

Jordan

I am currently attending my second semester here. Overall, Florida Tech is a good school. The campus is a nice size, but not too big or small. The class sizes are very small which makes it much easier to communicate with professors if you need extra help with a class. There is a tutoring center for every subject, and a specific department set aside for math tutoring. There are a lot of fun clubs to join and there is usually always something happening on campus. I like the school, but things are very expensive here.

Katelyn

The school has a great balance of dedicated, academic minded students with a town that offers so many opportunities to relax. The beach is close to all of the campuses and activities, while there are always free events to participate in either on campus or off campus. There is a really large international student population, with many festivities and activities geared towards diversity.

Shaheera

I was skeptical about giving FIT a try and I must admit I am glad I made the decision. The advisors helped me get funding, scheduled classes and made going back to school less scary. I am also doing online classes, which is great for my schedule. They are really an amazing school, especially since this is my first adventure with online classes. Best schooling decision ever!

John

I just transferred to Florida Institute of Technology three weeks ago. I feel like this place is a haven for second chances for students. Although it is only around 6,000 students, I feel as if there is more diversity at a school like Florida Tech than any school.

Faith

I feel like Florida Institute Of Technology is a all around good school. We have great professors that are willing to help when you need extra help. The environment is good. Our class rooms are not too crowded and the dorms are modern and upkept really well. The school food is delicious! I feel safe when walking on our campus. The sororities is a great way to meet new people that will be become your friends for life. Great school with lots of activities to become involved in.

Jordan

From what I saw when I visited, the students a very intellectual. They often talk about problems they solve logically and with the help of others. Everything is within distance for a college. When I stepped on campus, it felt like I really belong there and it really peaked my intrest.

Pragya

great school for stem focused students who want to excel in their field of study and go after their own dreams while making new friends who accompany them along with their own journeys. really cool that nasa and spacex are close by for the students.