Wilmington, DE
Goldey-Beacom College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Goldey-Beacom College

Marcella

The small size is definitely a good thing because it allows for everyone to get closer and make lasting friendships. I would love for them to offer more elective classes to take perhaps in the arts or social sciences. The food at the cafe is good but they definitely need more variety in the menu. The staff is so nice and kind it is really a wonderful experience.

Dee

Goldey-Beacom is a great school for prospective students who desire to have one-on-one attention from teachers. Since Goldey is so small, they really have no choice but to give you the attention that you need. Goldey is not a party school, so if you're looking for a school that has a lot of parties and a ton of activities, then Goldey is not it. They give us activities to do and small parties here and there but it's never anything too serious. I feel pretty safe at the school, it's a pretty quiet campus right in the suburbs of Pike Creek. The dorms are probably the best thing that they have to offer since they're apartment style which gives a sense of adulthood and it's not the typical dorm buildings that we see where there's one bathroom on each floor. Every room has two rooms and their own bathrooms, a kitchen, living room etc. However, the cafe is only open Mon-Thurs, so Fri-Sun you're pretty much on your own. However, Goldey is pretty inexpensive and offer scholarship money to every student which is amazing. The only con to that is that once they give you a scholarship package you're stuck with that package during the rest of your time at Goldey. That's my current dilemma at Goldey, I'm struggling with paying for my tuition and my grades are higher than when I first entered Goldey. Yet they refuse to provide any help so that way I can continue to receive my education there. Pretty much at Goldey, if you're not a student-athlete then they don't really care if you stay or go. Other than that, it's a pretty decent school.

kofa

An excellent school that is full of positive people who are ready to learn at any time. The campus is very lively, having many assets that make it different than other schools in the area. It is also very close to my home as well, making it simple and efficient for me to travel. I highly recommend this college to anybody.

Victoria

Overall, Goldey-Beacom provided me with an affordable worthwhile education. I feel that I have gained a great college experience while still getting great academic instruction. The campus is small but it's like your own little community. You really get that one on one feeling with your professors because classes are small (40 people). There is also a lot of nearby stores and places to eat which is great if you live on campus. The "dorms" are all apartment style, which I thought was really interesting. It truly gives you the independence of being on your own, while living in a college setting.

Brianna

My classmates are very athletic.

My classmates are very athletic.

My school is best known for their business degrees.

I would tell myself to study harder, and to not take life so seriously. I would tell myself to enjoy my last year of high school because college is so much more different than high school. I would also tell myself to spend more time with my family because leaving home is going to be hard.

Shanice

Compared to other schools Goldey-Beacom is very strict on choosing students that will make a difference within the college. They pay very close attention to the admissions essay to determine if students are a good fit for Goldey-Beacom and live up to there expectations . There image and what they stand for is based off of their students so they are always making sure they choose the best and most driven students to keep the positive contributes from students going.

The advice I would give myself would be to look further more into tuition for college and plan ahead, being that I had little to no help with college. Neither of my parents went to college and all they knew was that its important to go. I was 19 when I went to my first college, and not knowing anything besides trying to financially stay in college and getting good grades I never paid attention to my financial aid. I could not get any aid because they claimed my parents made to much (which is false) so I took out private loans big mistake. I am in debt for life now because I had no one stiring me in the right direction and I didnt take it upon myself to do the research until it was too late. If I had known what I know now I would not have expected the Financial Aid Advisors to have my best interest at heart and I would have been prepared and known what to do rather then listening to different people who just wanted money from me.

I can not say that this is the worst thing about the school but it is something that needs improvement which is offering more scholarships. They have very few scholarships to offer students which leaves a lot of students having to pay out of pocket if financial aid no longer covers your tuitions. A lot of times funds are limited to students right before a year of them graduating which leaves students very angry.

vermont

goldey beacom college is the best place to come if you are serious about your education and look forward to a well rewarding career, while having fun while you prepare.

If I could speak with him and give him some words of i would tell him the following. I would tell him to learn to study and learn the material and not study just to past the test. i would tell him to develope a love for books because it was true when they said that books empowers your mind. I would tell him to only stay up late when it is needed, because he will beg for that time back. Last but not least I would tell him not to try and relive his high school days of glory and praise but to strive to become a better man then the one standing next to him.

i wish i had know that the school did not have a football team

Brandon

So far I have met some amazing people who I know will be there for me even once we have graduated college. I have learned invaluable things, not only in business, but also in fields outside of my major that I will be able to apply in the real world. I feel that having already learned what I did at Goldey Beacom, it has helped me succeed at my internship which is in the field that I am studying. Because of how well my internship has gone, I am confident that I will recieve a job offer from the company that I work for once i recieve my degree. i am also confident that even if I do not take an offer from the company I am currently with, that I will have no problem being placed in a job in either accounting or finance due directly to the fact that I will be leaving Goldey Beacom with a great education.

Danielle

I have gotten the opportunity to network with fellow classmates and to gain the knowledge needed to succeed in a rewarding job when I graduate. It has been valuable to attend because each class offers something new and more education. My main goal is to broaden my knowledge so it has been very valuable to attend.

I brag mostly about the one on one teacher student learning environment. You get one on one help from your professor. The classrooms are small which allows the one on one help.

The most frustrating thing is that there are three different buildings that have facilities used on an every day basis. It's frustrating having to go from building to building.

Arlene

The average students attend college right after high school and graduate four year later. For me, I attended a community college and completed my associate degree two years after. Thought years, I always wanted to complete my bachelor degree and Goldey-Beacom had helped me complete that dream. Working full time, raising a family of three kids and attending school full time had made me realized that it is never too late to attend college and it could be done. In addition, it provided a good example for my kids how education is very important. There are just situations that experience cannot explain unless you have learned during college. I feel in pursing my master degree will help me accomplish my plan “A” and plan “B”. Plan “A” is to be a Procurement Specialist –IT and Plan “B” is to be a Computer teacher. Technology will continue to expand and our country will need more tech savvy personnel and teacher.

What I wish to know before attending this school is the flexibility of completing a degree. They had taught me to believe “if there is a well, there is a way”.

Completing my degree has been a long journey. Goldey-Beacom College helped me complete my Bachelor degree while working full time and taking care of my family (my husband and 3 kids). Their curriculum is not just gear to your average college students but also to adult student with busy schedule.

Goldey-Beacom College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.