Harris-Stowe State University Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for Harris-Stowe State University

Janice

I wish I would have attended a different university. Unfortunately, this administration DOES NOT care for their students. They make us wait 2-3 months just to receive OUR refund money which students use mainly to pay for their bills and make sure that they’re able to make it school. NO OTHER UNIVERSITY IN MISSOURI DOES THIS BUT HARRIS STOWE. They have an emergency assistance program but they wait 1-2 months just to let you know whether they’re going to assist you or not. The administration acts as if they’re just there for a paycheck rather than assisting students. If you’re not a known student administrators are reluctant to help you. Activity fees are included in the tuition BUT THEY STILL CHARGE STUDENTS FOR THE ACTIVITIES ON CAMPUS. If you wanted to save $300-400 on books by using Cheggs or another company you can’t because they automatically charge you the cost of books in your tuition which should be a decision that students make. I could go on and on about this school but I wouldn’t be surprised if someone in this administration is stealing funds.

Christina

I honestly love my school because although it’s an HBCU, it’s still very diverse and you learn things about people from different walks of life. You learn peoples likes and dislikes, personalities, dreams and you share that bond with one another. It gets no better than Harris-Stowe.

Mackenzie

I was very excited to attend Harris-Stowe but I feel like it let me down on numerous occasions and that is very disappointing. The school is very disorganized, not very clean, and it is a negative atmosphere. The students are wild and reckless, and can basically get away with what ever they want to do. One thing I will say is that the professors are very kind and helpful. This school is not for me.

Teyrra

Overall I believe that Harris-Stowe is a great university to be apart of. All of my academic classes are overall easy to understand but at the same time still show some challenges. Also, the campus has a very homely or family-oriented feel mainly because every event or activity that is hosted such as: "Meet the Greeks", to the NAACP fashion show, or the hilarious BFF game show, we all always go to these events together as a HBCU and have a blast which makes it an inevitably great memory and experience to have been apart of.

Felecia

Overall I would say Harris-Stowe State University is an average school. The housing is what makes the school worth attending in all honesty. From my experience at Harris-Stowe State University they're really big on campus involvement they push all their students to get out and get involved which I love. They take the safety of their students very serious and hold their students accountable for every action that goes against what Harris- Stowe State University stand for. From an academic stand point I don't feel like they are very strong when it comes to academics. The curriculum is very mediocre I don't see the drive or the passion in the teachers to want to do the best they can as a teacher to see the students at Harris-Stowe State University succeed. All in all, Harris- Stowe State University has its pros and cons but for a student like me who seek professors that take my education as serious as I do I would say Harris-Stowe State University does not provide that

Jada

Harris Stowe State University is one of the greatest HBCU's of all. The professors and staff are amazing and they really care for our success. The food is not that great but there are days when its bomb. Online classes are my thing, and I love them. Teachers are always either a phone call away or in their office, on standby.

Talibdin

Harris-Stowe is a beacon of educational light for many students, who are first time and first generational learners. It's affordability enhances the chances of entry, and the staffs commitment to ensuring academic success are above par. As only one of two HBCUs in the State of Missouri, it's a source of pride in the African-American community. It has grown leaps and bounds continuously over the last two decades and is continuing. It has an extremely bright future as a well rounded and respected center of learning.