Harrisburg, PA
Harrisburg Area Community College-Harrisburg

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Harrisburg Area Community College-Harrisburg

Devaki

My classmates are kind, friendly and easy to talk with. I enjoy talking with them whether we are talking about homework, classes or other things that are happening in our lives. I feel comfortable talking with them even I don't know all of them very well. I enjoy spending time with them because they are so nice and easy to talk to.

Harrisburg Area Community College cares very much for the community and the hundreds of students who attend the college daily. The college does as much as it can to make the college a comfortable, safe and welcoming place for all people who attend the college.

Time management is very important. As a college student, one of the best things that one can do is learn how to manage their time efficently. They are only twenty-four hours in a day and one must use those hours time wisely. One should set up daily study time and daily homework time. Effort is very important in college. One should go the extra mile in order to succeed. Don't just take the easy way out and just do the minium amount required for your classes. Work even harder and put more time and effort into all that you do. It pays off because one gets better grades and your professors are more likely to help you out when they see how much effort you put into your work. It also helps you grow and become more skilled in that area of study. Remember this: succeeding in college requires a lot of hard work, patience, strength, will power and time. The college journey may have some bumps in the roads at time but it is worth it! So keep going. Don't give up even when there are bumps in the road.

LeeAnna

Relazing, affordable, and great for students with full time jobs or other commintments.

The teachers in the education department really like what they are doing and are motivated to motivate you.

The only adivce I would give myself is to make better study habits. I had horrible study habits and had to really crack down on them in college. I have managed to keep all A's and B's but if I had the study habits in high school I have know I could have done better in school. High school seemed like a breeze but I should have challenged myself more. I would also tell myself to get prepared. College is going to blow your mind. You will learn so much and be even more motivated to become a teacher.

Keisha

Harrisburg Area Community College is much different then all the other schools I have in consideration because the other schools are all universities adn this is my first community college.

When i first decided to go to college i was excited and extremely dreading the horrors of crazy work loads. College was not as bad as i thought it would be, there are many young adults that have the same interests and are able to tutor others in the areas they need work on as well as tutors provided by the school. Attending college has been a goal of mine since I was in middle school because I will the first in my immediate family to have a full college education. I love going to school and being able to think of myself greatly for doing so.

Shawna

If I could go back, I would tell myself not to be so intimidated by the financial burden of the school you are dying to attend. Don't worry about the impact your leaving will have on your family; they love you and want to see you succeed. Don't take that year off to evaluate if you really want what you think you do, and work to save money. You won't. You'll get caught up in a world that seems great, but believe me, the greatness of it fades fast. You will waste money dropping out of a school that you justified for yourself, only to find yourself years later settling on the only school you can afford. Follow your dreams no matter what the cost; the real world experience you'll get outside of school is important, but you have the rest of your life for that. Nothing will ever take away the regret you'll feel for not having grabbed life by the horns and going after what you really wanted. You are an intelligent and independent young woman...dive in and don't be scared!

i'm currently taking online classes, so at the moment i can't find a whole lot that I don't like. However, I did find the actual campus a little confusing to navigate when I had to go purchase books. Also, the advisors weren't very encouraging when I was signing up for my classes, because I was taking a heavy courseload and hadn't been in school for a while.

I'm currently attending the virtual campus, so all of my classes are online. People who aren't good with self-study, time management, and organization definitely shouldn't attend.

My school is incredibly determined to help the student achieve success without enabling them to a fault.

My classmates vary drastically and from my point of view it seems to greatly depend on life experience and/or the actual age of the person.

Even though I have had a grim and strenuous past; arduous events are the tests of our resilience and how we choose to move forward. I will not be a victim again, nor will I be yet another that sits and watches passively. These occurrences have changed me forever and directly affected those around me. My intention is to continue to cause effect and change, but from here on out t will be done positively versus the havoc I have endured. I cannot honestly name a more eye opening and heart wrenching experience than having the person that you once viewed as your best friend and loved unconditionally as your biggest fear and threat. I was naive and idealistic in regards to domestic violence and the judicial system. It is my goal and mission to help make change and deliver the level of compassion, humanity and legal allegiance that I was denied and once believed in without hesitation. For that, I deem myself as lucky. Luck is by chance and change is by choice. I wouldn?t change who I am and that is due to what I have endured. The key is to learn and not repeat mistakes twice.

Jarayssa

My classmates are very kind and helpful individuals,and are very easy to get along with.

College is nothing like highschool. When you get there be prepared to take notes. If its put on the board write it down, if the teacher repeats it write it down, and if its put in a power point write it down. Go to tutoring if its offered you may think your work is worth an A but you should always get a second oppinion.Apply for your fasfa as soon as you do your taxes.the sooner the better. Use your time wisely or you'll fall behind. Get Your Work In on time. And most important bring snacks and a drink the classes are much longer than a highschool class period.

Some one who has a very busy life should attend HACC. Because you can pick your classes and set them so they coincide with the rest of your life. Whether you have young kids, single parent, fulltime worker or just want a calm environment HACC is right for you.

James

Pass GO. Collect $200. Go directly to College. DO NOT HESITATE! Pick a Major that reflects your personality and will help you grow as an individual AND as a productive member of society in todays world. Leave behind more than what you came in with. Aquire any resources that will transform your dream into a reality (e.g. grants, scholarships, loans, etc.). Enroll in a work/study program to show how important your education means to yourself and others. Limit your exspenses and roll any leftover funds into furthering your education. Try to get the most out of the least. Use your education aquired as a way of giving back for what you have received. Set future goals, ahead of you in life, that will help you to stay on track throughout your education and beyond. Use your education to better yourself, your fellow man, your country and your world. Be the best YOU you can be. Mainly, always love yourself and what you want to do in life. Make your education work for others besides yourself. Use your Degree as the key to open the doors of possibilities, and that will leave an imprint on the world around you.

Darah

If I could go back and talk to myself as a high school senior, I would tell myself to straighten up my acts because college doesn't just hand you good grades. They are more strict on due dates, attendence, and doing work in general. You need to take notes, whether it's on something big or small. You never know what is going to be on a test or when a random test will come up. Make sure you attend every class. If you miss one, call your professors and let them know that you won't be there and why you won't be there. If it's a test day, don't miss class no matter what. Unless it's a major emergency. And if you happen to miss it, call and schedule the test with your professor.

I think the best thing about my school, Harrisburg Area Community College, is that the classes are more like a one on one basis. That helps me a lot with learning the material. There isn't more than 25 kids which makes it easier.

The worst thing about HACC is that they let anyone and everyone in. There is a lot of creepy people at night, and unfortunatly, I have a night class on Tuesday and Thursday. I always have to walk in a crowd.

Cassie

Harrisburg Area Community College (HACC)is unique because students are given the opportunity to receive an excellent education at a reasonable price. In addition, students who have graduated (high school) from one of the sponsored districts can get reduced tuition because their district will help pay for your education. Also, HACC offers evening classes for those who are working and online courses for those who prefer to learn at home. Blended courses are also availabe so that students can do some of their class work online and still have a teacher who they can interact with at the campus.

If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior, I would tell myself to relax and stop worrying about how everything would turn out. I would tell myself that everything would be just fine and that college is not as big of a deal as everybody makes it out to be. If you just keep studying like you are doing now in high school and doing your best, you won't have any trouble. I would encourage myself to stand up for what I believe in now in preparation for doing the same in college. I would remind myself to take projects one step at a time and to practice managing my time wisely in preparation for the numerous class projects that are all due in the same week. I would tell myself to take make time for exercise and to eat healthy foods so that my body will be at its best for class. Lastly, I would tell myself to keep God first and to spend time daily in His Word, the Bible because no matter what happens, God will always be with me, and he will take care of my needs.

I wish I had known about more of the scholarships that were offered for high school seniors. I applied for several scholarships, but found out later about more scholarships that I could have applied for.

Jacqueline

That it is a community college in Harrisburg PA. They have a very good nursing program.

Even though it is a community college there are many things to do on campus. There are a lot of students from so many different back grounds.

If I could go back in time and be a senior in high school. I would have gone to a 4 year college instead of a community college. For me tranfering to another school is very hard since I am in a routine and I have friends at my school and I am scared about leaving that. If I knew back then that I do now I would also have study more my first year of college. I did not take it as seriously as I should have.

Harrisburg Area Community College-Harrisburg administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.