Hastings, NE
Hastings College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Hastings College

Taren

Hastings college is good for students who love to get involved whether that be in sports or other activities. They also have event on the weekends and on later night that get the students involved in the community and on campus. They class are great and the block schedule makes it easier for students to focus on a couple class instead of a to of classes. Overall Hastings may be a small little college in the middle of no where but f it’s the right fit for you, you will call it home.

Jacob

I am going to be heading their in the fall of 2019. I am looking forward to the small town culture and investing myself into the community. I feel if I want to be successful at Hastings I will have to make a name for myself through academics and sports. This goal of mine to make the most out of the money I will be spending is my goal because college is suppose to be your last chance for fun before becoming a adult.

Tiersa Ann

Hastings is a college that has a friendly environment and lets people in. There are always people and professors open to talk to you, help you or just to be there for you. I love the college even more since I have been here for the past year. The campus president is always open and welcoming to learn your story and help you out

Benjamin

I have not takin any classes yet at Hastings but when I went there for my college visits and new student days the faculty and staff were all very friendly and would bend over backwards to help me or any other future student. The faculty and staff was what pushed me to pick Hastings as the college I wanted to go too.

Tyler

My overall opinion of Hastings College is that a majority of the professors really do care about my academic career and want to make sure that I am doing as good as I can be, not just in class, but also in life. However, it is still a business and the "Higher-Ups" in the administration really just want your money.

Shelby
Not that well put together

Not that well put together

I am currently a senior here at Hastings College and what I have come to find out is that if you are in an sport and you sign on to play for a team here, you will receive far more benefits compared to nonathletic students. As for facility wise, the only buildings that I would say that are better equip for students would be the Morrison-Reeves Science building, the Grey Center, and Fuhr Hall; but even stating that Fuhr Hall is equip is stretching it because members of any ensemble have to travel off campus to another building altogether because there is inadequate space.

Kelly

My classmates are all hard workers, friendly, and try their best to succeed.

My classmates are all hard workers, friendly, and try their best to succeed.

Hastings College is a Liberal Arts School so we are required to take a few different classes than other schools. The classes here are great and give all of the students a well-rounded background. Hastings also is a great size for a school. Every one on campus is familiar with each other and the class sizes are not too big and not too small.

Looking back, I would tell my high school self to not be afraid to make mistakes. Making mistakes is a great way to learn and high school is the best time to make these mistakes. Also, I would say to not take anything for granted. Time flies and before you know it, you will be moving out and being on your own. It will be your time to start your own life, so while you are home, cherish those moments spent with family. They are the ones that will always be there for you, so you need to treat them right. Finally, I would tell my high school self to not be afraid to move on. You can move away and when you come back, every one will still be here. They aren't going anywhere. So go on, start your own life, and make it a good one! Good luck!!

Amy

I would tell myself that college isn't just for fun, and to really try and listen and learn in my classes. Although it is important to have fun and make friends, that's not what college is all about. I would tell myself to make all the moments count because once college is over, you can't redo it. Take risks, make friends, date, get involved, do things you never would normally do. College is about finding yourself and who you are, and most importantly, who you want to be. It is realistic that you will make mistakes, but don't dwell on them; learn from them! Most importantly, every student there is in the same boat as you, and the professors and your parents are willing to help you if you need it! All you have to do is ask. The college experience is amazing, yet so important for your future. You will make it through, and trust me, it will go SO fast. Oh, and try to get a part time job. This helps tremendously with money and will teach you responsiblity and time management. Enjoy college. It truely is a once in a lifetime experience.

The placement. It is in the middle of nowhere in Nebraska and there is nothing to do, and no big cities anywhere close to get away to.

A person who doesn't mind having relaxing weekends and who doesn't like to be in a big city. Also one who likes small schools with small class sizes with laid back students and faculty.

Daniel

The advice I would give myself would be to work better with your teachers. I would also would need to practice how to organize my time and do more independent thinking for myself. Also learn and practice how to manage your finances on your own.

I believe any type of person can excel at Hastings College. Everyone has the opportunity to become who they want to be without being judged by their peers. It feels great to be able to be different and have friends who will help you when you make mistakes I feel confident and respected.

Hastings College has great professors and advisors that care about my education. It is a smaller college but it is easier to become settled and at ease living away from home. I have a number of friends from many parts of the United States and we can have a great time socializing. My classes are close to my dorm and the food from the dining hall is great. I am also proud to be part of a 2010 NAIA National Championship Soccer Team and to have the opportunity to wear a championship ring as a freshman. Hastings College Freshman

Kandice

While attending Columbus State Community College, as an American Sign Language (ASL) Interpreting major, I have opened my eyes to the world and cultures that surround me. The ASL interpreting program is a wonderful program that allows students to take steps outside their own life to think about the lives of others around us. I have learned what culture really is, and how it affects every individual in their own, unique way. Through the program, I have learned that how we say something to others is far more important than what we actually say to them. In sign language, there are so many different ways to sign one particular sentence; it truely is amazing. If you choose to sign the sentence one way, someone could be offended, and in a different way, someone else may not be affected. The interpreting program has definitely opened my eyes to other people's cultures and values. I think that everyone should be aware of why different cultures do the things they do.

Hastings College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.