Hinds Community College Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for Hinds Community College

Frances K.

I love Hinds! This college is just what I need to step out of my comfort zone as needed in order to learn to overcome my shyness. The classroom sizes are small and the teachers are here for the students. Their first priority is that you do well in the class and they treat you like a person. The Honors Institute is the next level of interaction and support and it has really meant a lot to me to be a part of it. I definitely do not regret coming to Hinds. The relationships and friendships I have made with some of the teachers and students are priceless!

Katelyn

Hinds CC is one of the best schools that I've been to. I currently stay at home and drive to Hinds, but Hinds is a short drive from my home to the school. I have been going to Hinds ever since I graduated high school in '13 and I am continuing my education at the Hinds Nursing Allied Health Center in the ADN program. I am excited to see where my journey takes me with Hinds Community College.

asia

it was fun

Mikayla

My experience at hinds community college was horrible. I was there for two semesters and absolutely hated it. The teachers were great but I was getting bullied by some girls on the soccer team and only one of the girls was kicked off the team and the others were not given any repercussions. My opinion stuff like bullying should be taken care of and it was not that is why I am going to a different college next semester.

Nicholas

When I first graduated from high school, I wasn't sure If I wanted to come to Hinds because of its sub-par reputation. I've heard that Hinds has horrible academics and is more like a high schooler. However, after attending my first semester, I found myself really enjoying going to Hinds. I've had great professors who are extremely kind and knowledgeable in their fields. I got involved in the honors college and our Phi Theta Kappa chapter, Alpha Omega Omnicron, which has been amazing to be a part of. We do a lot of community involvement events and we focus a lot on good works. For example, we are in the process of building a community garden. Overall, I would tell any high school seniors that Hinds is nothing like its reputation and I would recommend it to anyone who is looking to go to a junior college to transfer. Hinds does have a lot of classes that will transfer to any 4-year university.

Alexis

hinds is the best way to start your college path. you get your general classes out the way and then focus on your career at an university. if i havent went to hinds after high school i think i would be a little off. starting at hinds is a good way to transition into college mode.

Bayleigh

As a student at Hinds Community College, I love the caring environment from the professors. They are always willing to help students who want to be helped, and they want their students to be successful. Hinds has services available to all, and they even help students with disabilities.

Deseree

Hinds Community College is a great place if you want to be a successful independent young adult. The community is beautiful with the landscaping and historic buildings on the campus. The community is very supportive at the football games. Its a great start for a college experience.

Verquonda

I love a Hinds. It has been a great experience.

Ava

I think Hinds is a wonderful school. At first I was nervous about being 7 hours away from my parents but I feel right at home. All the students and staff are so nice. Students actually care about learning and becoming successful. There is no party scene. Everyone is serious and friendly. We have great sports teams and my school spirit is through the roof. I would tell anyone no matter what age to enroll at Hinds CC.

Shelby

My community college experience has been variable. I haven't found anything that I particularly love or hate. The academics of the classes that I am in seem to meet standard and there is plenty to get involved in on campus. The majority of the people that I have met are friendly and my teachers have all made it known that I can reach them outside of class if needed.

Hinds has been good for me since it’s my first year on campus. I’ve met some really good people. I have a great roommate whom I’ve become close with. My professors are very welcoming and understanding. Everybody here is friendly. I would recommend someone to come here.

Vermecia

My first time visiting Hinds Community College I was extremely excited because I have a sister who attend. It was just like I was a student there already. The falcuty & professors where very nice and informative. Also they students who attended were very kind and also had a lot of reasons to why I should be a part of the school. I felt very safe and comfortable at Hinds and I would be looking forward to attending Hinds in the fall.

Macia

I am proud to be a student attending Hinds Community College. Not only has it given me the opportunity to save money, but I am able to work one on one with my professors. Through this, the teachers' experience in their subject allows me to be spoon fed information that is vital for me as I prepare for the MCAT. The information that they make me learn retains like never before. I love Hinds Community College, and I truly appreciate them preparing me to transfer to Mississippi College my sophomore year.

DeShawn

Hinds Community College is a academically inclined college that is affordable and welcoming to incoming students. However, just like every college there are things that can be improved. The food that Hinds' serve is not best, and there aren't a lot of food services near within city range. Also, facilities that allows students to hang out and enjoy themselves would be recommended.

brian

Hinds is a very good learning facility for students who actually want to learn. The activities are extraordinary and the clubs are recommendable. The school is not too big, so that is another bonus. Also the new gym looks great. I was thinking about joining the new gym once i got there.

Ollie

My opinion of Hinds Community colleges is great. I meet new people every day and see where they come from. It's a new experience being away from home. The games here are really fun and exciting i love it here. Living on campus is challeneging considering that im surrounded by strangers but they are nice strangers as i call them. Out here you have to get it how you live.

Summer

Overall Hinds is a great starter for those who are unsure of what they want to do. There are many friendly people to meet on campus and the professors and very flexible when it comes to helping students in need. Also there are plenty of helpful resources for student to improve their grades around campus.

Myia

I am a current graduate of Hinds Community College and I have to say I am proud to be a graduate from there. Hinds has done nothing but open up opportunities for me and made me become a better person. They were an all-around college. Yes, education came first and was very important but also the college focused on making sure you as a person enjoyed the college experience to the best. Going to a university from Hinds has been an easy transition because Hinds a truly prepared me to be that better person. Hinds literally is one big family. That is something that they say when you come to visit the college. You will get attached to that family love. Every administrator, dean, staff member, and teacher have a loyal heart to Hinds. They are all both passionate and sincere for each student that comes through Hinds. Students came first in every teacher and staff member’s eyes. They improvised to challenge every student’ s minds and their new way of thinking. The access to so many resources was phenomenal. The writing center and the math labs were the main attraction for student resources. Teachers were in the labs getting you one on one help every day. Getting involved on campus was a must. There was literally a student organization for every person’s interest. Hinds has over 150 student organizations and if you couldn’t find something you were interested in, then make your own organization. The atmosphere and love of the college is so big and I can truly say I really honestly miss Hinds and the family love they shared.

elisa

Hinds needs to come together more as a school and talk real life issues. They need to have us students more aware of all the different things the world has to offer us . They need to have more programs that we can earn from like at orientation. I think its a great school but we just have minimum places to go and hangout unlike some other colleges.

Patrick

It's a good school for both part time and full time students. This school offers great services to its students to help them succeed academically. The activities provided on campus keep students involved in the community and allow them to contribute to the success of their fellow students.

Madison

It's a good starting place, and if you're unsuccessful here, it's because you want to be. The teachers are always open to helping students, and when they aren't available, you can go in the labs and ask someone for help with whatever you aren't understanding. Keeping your grades up is a breeze.

Naekylah

Hinds Community College seems like a nice school I can't wait to attend. They're taking forever to receive all of my information to start school. Its and affordable college which is great. I attended two events and they were wonderful and I always have an great experience when I'm there and with some students.

Teshunna

This is my 1st year here so Im enjoying college. This campus has no dorms so I haven't experienced that. I eventually want to experience living on a campus .

Courtney

Hinds is a really good school to begin your college experience with. There are great teachers and small classes that will help you focus on what you need to get done. The school is in a very good location and provides many opportunities for it's students.

Dakota

Hinds is a great place to attend college. The teachers are very knowledgeable, willing to help you out, and they also present material in a way that is quick and easy to learn. Hinds is also a smart choice financially. You can take the same classes that you would take in your first 2 years of community college for a much cheaper price. There are ample scholarship opportunities. In the end, Hinds payed me to attend school there.

Lynneshia

Hinds is a severely save school

Aitiana

Hinds Community is a great college for those that wants a fresh start as adults, or a small start for finishing high school students. The faculty are friendly and formal at all times. We have plenty of resources and the environment is very welcoming.

Matthew

The college is very big in size and not many smart kids on campus. The classes has so many people about 50 in about any class. The school feel like a 13th grade in high school instead of a college like experience. The rules are similar to high school bt you can stay on campus. Not a good school in my opinion

Colby

I believe Hinds is an acceptable community college, but you have to get involved to have a better experience. The culture at Hinds is very outgoing and heavily mixed with different opportunities. Nearly everyone there is there to help you because they understand that you want to accomplish something.

Byron

I think Hinds has a good reputation and it's continually growing. Some of the teachers seem like they don't really care but then again there are some great ones. Some of the facilities are outdated and could use some updating. There are campus police all over so you do feel safe though.

Tyler

It is, I suppose, what you might expect of a community college. To be fair, it likely depends on the location. However, a chain is only as strong as its weakest link. The Vicksburg location is the very bare basics, only classrooms with no amenities for students. What amenities it once had, I.E, a break room, is more often than not closed down, as to prevent high schooler's from entering. Which also, the Vicksburg campus highly prioritizes over its paying college students.

Student

I am new to this school, but I love it. Canvas is easy to understand, and my constructor is super sweet. She is not rude. She cares about our learning. My classmates are nice. We all help each other out. If they don't understand, I help them. I have finished this semester with a 99!

Brennan

Hinds is an exceptional community college. The extracurricular classes are phenomenal and varied. All of my teachers so far have been extremely passionate about the subjects they teach and the college as a whole. However, the party life/social scene is not as thrilling as I was hoping. Hinds is a great school though and I love it!

ivan

Hinds was a great way to save money and get ones prerequisites out of the way. It is a small campus that offers lots for its size. The class size and the class offerings are great, but the counselors are terrible. If one is into marching band and sports its a good place to go. Hinds is ranked in the nation in multiple sports, and the school offers almost any sport one can think about. The Hinds marching band under Shane Sprayberry is amazing 10/10 would recommend. The cafeteria needs a lot of work; the food is awful.Overall Hinds is a decent school that will get you on track for your bachelors while being very cheap.