Grayson, KY
Kentucky Christian University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Kentucky Christian University

Good Christian school with home town feel. We live and learn to get a great education but also to learn about Jesus Christ our Lord and Savior. We are a no smoking, no alcohol, no drugs, no sex before college campus. A safe small town close to Lexington, Kentucky and West Virginia in the mountains of Northeast Kentucky.

caren

It's a small school where you get the opportunity to really know the students and faculty as well. The faculty are among the nicest people you'll meet anywhere. They are always ready to help, with academics and personal stuff too. They start out classes with Scripture, and always pray before class starts.

It's a decent school. Wish there were more things to do outside of class. Wish there was more student involvement and student activities. Food could be better. Professors are awesome. Always available and willing to help. You get awesome one on ones with them. They want you to succeed and will work with you and your schedules. Coaches are great and sports teams are a really awesome way to get connected with other students on campus. Beautiful campus. Dorms could use an upgrade but they are good. Everyone is really nice and really welcoming.

Jordan

My advice to my high school self would be to pick this school again. I have no regrets about coming here. I do wish I would of applied for more scholarships because I didn't realize how expensive college really was. I would also tell myself to get involved with more things around campus and not just the sport you are playing.

The best thing about this school is the family feel to it. All the professors are friendly and willing to help. You also know everyone that you see when walking around campus. It is a small school so everyone becomes your family, espescial when you are away from your family. It is very welcoming and open to new students.

This school is for people that want the small school experience. Being a Christian school, you don't have to worry about drinking and drugs because it doesn't happen. If you want a close relationship with your professors and other students around you this is where to go. Also, it offers a safe place to come and learn about God (whether you are a Christian or not). There is no judgment here.

Christina

I would tell myself not to worry so much. Focus on the friendships you make and build on those. Don't worry about what other people think about you. Don't worry about guys. They aren't worth your time. The people that will always be there for you are those friends you make. Invest in friendships with people who will build you up and who you can trust and depend on. Finally, enjoy it. It goes by so quickly. Take every moment and just enjoy life, your friends, and the freedom you have. You can be who you want. Also, stay strong in your faith. Lean on God and let Him guide you. He will bless you more than you can imagine.

There really isn't a kind of person who shouldn't attend this school. They have rules and they enforce them. They have a curfew that is enforced. If you refuse to abide by the rules or if you don't like them, maybe you shouldn't go, or maybe you should. Maybe they would be good for you. There are all kinds of people there, so there is really not one kind of person who should not go.

The most frustrating thing is the quality of food. It is alright, but rarely is it great. But it's a cafeteria, what do you expect?

Nicolette

Dear High School Nicolette, You do not know this yet, but you will be attending Kentucky Christian University in the fall of 2011. KCU is a great school and you are going to love it there. My first piece of advice for you is to work hard in school. The better grades you have in highschool the more chances you have to recieve an academic scholarship. Secondly, study for the ACT! You need a 21 to get into the nursing program. Without the 21 you will have to take ACT prep classes your freshman year of college. It's no fun. Trust me, I would know. My third piece of advice is to get in the habit of eating healthy and exercising before coming to college. It takes a lot of self-motivation to get up and exercise, but getting into the habit early will only help you in the long run. Good luck in college. You will do great! Love, The Furture Nicolette P.S. Don't count on any fancy home cooked meals while at school. The food is distgusting. Stock up on some of Mom's good cooking before coming to school!

I came to Kentucky Christian University expecting it to be full of well behaved Christians; I was wrong. There are a good number of Christians at KCU but many are here to play sports. I love KCU and I wouldn't switch schools for anything, but I do wish that I would have known that there are still tempations even at a Christian school. At first I saw it as a disippointment, but now I see it as an opportunity to wittness to others.

The biggest difference between KCU and many other schools is that KCU has manditory chapel on Tuesdays and Thursdays. If chapel is not something you will enjoy, you may want to consider another school. Besides chapel, KCU is a very good school and you have to work hard to succeed. If you are just here to play football then you should go to anothetr school. Point blank, only come here if its a place you see yourself loving, otherwise you are setting yourself up for failure.

SAVE YOUR MONEY! Watch where it all goes-don't spend it on useless things like cute clothes and fast food drive-thru's that send their food straight to your thighs or even blowing up 50 bucks at the Dollar Tree! Monthly payments toward your college tuition are way better and worth spending that money on! Save every single penny you can-LITERALLY. (I'm NOT kidding...money flies faster than you fall asleep in Dr. Archer's biology class-trust me.) It's also not a bad idea to save as much money as you can for emergencies only. I guarantee you don't expect to get your car towed the first week of your freshman year nor have your car battery die 3 days before Christmas Break when you live siix and a half hours away from home! It's nice to know you have extra money for situations such as these and still feel at ease knowing you didn't have to use any of your "free time" money/tuition payment money. SAVE, SAVE, SAVE YOUR MONEY! Then you won't have to work two jobs AND you can have LOTS of FUN free time!! :) WOOHOO!!!

I wish I would've known how crazy the heating/air system work! It's so hot outside yet when I get in my dorm room, I automatically crawl under my blankets on my bed! I'm a transfer so I wasn't aware of much before I came, but also heard during the winter the heat gets extremely hot! The heating/air system is crazy and extreme in the temperatures it gives out!

It's a very friendly campus and you connect really well with people and create close relationships even without meaning to-from staff and faculty to classmates and passerbys. Although it's a small town and a small campus at that, it's still nice to go out with friends and find new things to do! The community is great and the campus makes you feel like it's your home!

Jami

some of them still act like high schoolers, but for the most part they are great godly people.

Going back in time just to talk to myself sounds like a paper I had to write for my english class, telling myself all the things I wish I had someone to tell me before going on this ride called College. I would tell myself that you need more time to perpare for what is going to come, it's nothing like High School more homework, more tests. You have to know how to work with the time that you have. Time manganet is key, you want to be the one that goes out with the friends and is out all the time but if you take more time then you have you miss the homework, the studying. I would tell myself that you are going to do great, get what you came for and the fun will fall into place. Let God take you where he wants you to go. Sit back and enjoy the ride.

The most frustrating thing at my school would be that breakfeast is over at 9:00 during the week, and the cafe schduel during the weekend.

Heather

My school is best known for the Christian environment. Also, we have a really good Choir and Basketball team.

Prepare to work hard and do not procastinate on your homework. Study for exams more than one day ahead of the test.

The kind of person who would get offended by people expressing their religion openly.

Kentucky Christian University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.