Lenoir-Rhyne University Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for Lenoir-Rhyne University

Dakota

Lenoir-Rhyne University can be boring at times but that can be a plus. It will help you focus on your academics. The dorms are okay they could be better, the food is nasty like really nasty, and the party scene sucks. But the teachers are great, it's kind of like high school all over again.

Karlie

Lenior-Rhyne as a beautiful campus but the maintenance could be better. The chapel is not regaularly used but is gorgeous. The sports teams are taken seriously and many of them are very good when playing against the sister schools. The surrounding area as a variety of excellent restaurants.

Florence

On campus housing isn't that bad, its actually than expected. Cafeteria food is mostly okay, some days the food is to die for though. Campus is very small which is good when you can nap up until 10 minutes to go to your class. Also, class sizes are very small which is better for me due to more interaction with the professor.

Erran

When I think of Lenoir-Rhyne University I think of home. I had so many expectations coming into this school year, and they have all been fulfilled. I feel very safe and I think that the academics, as well as the sports, provide wonderful education. The school is a small private school in Hickory, North Carolina and one of the best small universities around. They have many resources that are free to students such as a writing center, tutoring services in all departments, and a great international studies office along with many other resources. The professors are always available when you need them and you can get one on one time with a professor most any time so you can learn to your highest potential. I could not ask for a better school.

Cortney

Lenoir-Rhyne is a wonderful school! I transferred here this past year because my previous institution was lacking in many of the things that I had expected out of a college experience. The students at Lenoir-Rhyne are wonderful, kind, and intellectual individuals, and the professors are always available and excited to help. I would recommend this university to everyone!

Katie

I love Lenoir-Rhyne! The class sizes are small and you really get to know your professors. You always see familiar faces wherever you go due to the small campus size. There are a lot of clubs and extracurricular activities to participate in. One negative aspect of LR is the food. It definitely needs some improvement.

Isaiah

It is a very small and inviting school. Everyone there is a family and they care for each other and want everyone to succeed and graduate to do better things. I really enjoyed the vibe I got from the students and faculty and the history of the school, they all seemed very knowledgeable about it.

Shalee

Lenoir Rhyne has very quickly become my home. All thanks to its close knit campus and small class size. The Greek community has stolen my heart, and I've been crowned in ZTA. Lenoir Rhyne has quickly stolen my heart with its rustic beauty and the community that surrounds it. We take major pride in our school and our community. I will forever be proud to be a Bear and to wear my red and black with pride!

Brooke

The classroom sizes are excellent. The professors are able to talk and help more than if it were a larger classroom size. There is often lack of communication through email, and would help if professors were easier to access outside the classroom. Overall, I enjoy campus life at Lenoir-Rhyne University, and the people that surround me there

Andrew

Lenoir-Rhyne University exceeds in promoting a comfortable environment for students, particularly student-athletes, to grow, learn, and discover the path that truly fits their goals. However, the university falls short on providing excellent resources for students including dietary options, equal student representation, and adequate safety precautions for faculty and staff.

Warren

I have visited the L-R and I'm very impressed with what I have seen so far. The facility is nice, the students that I have met have given me expectations to look forward to. I have met faculty members who have assured me that the class sizes and their availability will support me if I have trouble moving from high school to college.

Destiny

I really love the setting and overall how nice and respectful the people are. I will be attending this College Fall 2018 and I would have to say I am extremely excited. Can't wait to meet my instructors and new roommate. I was also recruited on their tracks and field team so I can not wait to run for the LRU Bears Track and Field team and represent them with my performances.

Summer

I love Lenoir-Rhyne University. There is a strong community bond at the school because you quickly meet a lot of other awesome students. The upperclassmen are polite and helped make me feel welcome as a freshman. Also, my professors are amazing and are always willing to help me. I feel like I am getting a very high quality education. Lenoir-Rhyne is my second home. Go bears!

Tiffani

It's a great school. Professors are willing to work with you if something happens. It's a small school. We also have a great pastor and school leaders.

Scottie

I haven't even officially started school there yet, but I move in in about 20 days. EVERYONE here is loving and kind and helpful and accepting. It truly is the most wonderful school I have ever been to or visited in my time of college hunting. I couldn't tell anyone how thankful I am for Lenoir Rhyne University.

I love it. I feel like it's my home away from home. I can be myself and grow at my own pase. Life is good to be a bear.

Kiarra

Lenoir-Rhyne University is a very diverse school with opportunities for everyone; they welcome everyone with open arms and the school is very well known for their sports. Lenoir-Rhyne students show their spirit and support for their school at every sports event packing the stands; as a bear we are proud to be at a school that supports us and makes all of us feel like a family.

Jeremiah

Lenoir-Rhyne is an excellent college. There are many resources available to students. The counselors are always ready to help you when you need assistance. They are also always available to assist you with outside resources to help you further your education. I like the close proximity to my home as well. Lenoir-Rhyne also has a youth choir that I have been a part of for several years. They are reaching college age students and younger students who get familiar with the campus before they graduate.

Melvin

Lenoir-Rhyne University is a university that is different from others. Even though it is expensive, attending LR makes you feel like it's worth it. This University shows the students that they really do care. The staff takes the time to have a one on one meeting with them. They let the students know that LR is here for them. The experience that I've had here at LR has been different than what I would have imagined. This school has spirit, love, they show that they care, they are helpful, and so much more. Lenior-Rhyne also has so many different programs and opportunities that help students with their majors and careers. LR supports and encourages you to become an active member of the school community as well as the community in which Lenoir Rhyne is based. They provide opportunities for community service within the school and the local community. Overall, LR is such a great school to attend and I hope students to decide to attend. I am so very proud to be a student at Lenoir-Rhyne University.

Cassandra

I think Lenoir-Rhyne University is a great school that has a great deal to offer, but like every college or university it has it's ups and downs. The student body is great, but depending on your major really defines on who you end up interacting with. There are plenty of clubs available at the school as well. The biggest complaints that I have about Lenoir-Rhyne University is the food selections, THE PARKING, and the convocation program. I understand the school wants their students to be involved in extra curricular activities, but the convocation program either needs to be reworked for students who have a busier life than a regular university student or needs to be rid of entirely. I, also, wish that the university wasn't as expensive as it is, however I feel like I am receiving a really good education with the English Program. I do not have a complaint about the English program (although I wish the core requirements didn't have so much math and science on it), but the professors are wonderful and try to make themselves as available to the student as possible.

Scottie

I just love it. It’s a close knit community where I feel extremely comfortable. I can always run into friends walking to and from classes and in the cafeteria. It is also easy to run into professors in public spaces as well as in their office hours so it is easy to feel comfortable approaching them. LRU is a wonderful place to be!

Carin

Finding your place in college may be hard in the beginning, especially if you do not know anyone going in your freshman year. When I came in I knew only my roommate and the first day we met was the move-in day. We both decided to go through sorority recruitment, and I would definitely say that is where I found my place. Lenoir-Rhyne may seem small, but it is a very big community and we all support each other in some way or another. You always see a friendly place on campus, and even if someone does not know you they always send a smile your way. The professors are very welcoming as long as you put forth the effort that they do for you. Once you get into the groove of things at Lenoir-Rhyne there is nothing that could hold you back. The school provides plenty of opportunities to be successful not only in college but out in the real world as well.

Katie

It is awesome! I thank God for leading me here!

Abby

LRU is a good school for those who enjoy small classroom environments, and a tight knit community. You will need to be proactive within the school and join clubs, or sports to really enjoy it and get the full college experience. The teachers are always helpful and the students here are helpful. Hickory is also a cute small town, but there is not much to do on the weekends sometimes.

McKayla

Lenoir-Rhyne is an amazing school. Students are really put first. Classes are small and the student to teacher ratio is small. Many of the teachers are always in their offices during office hours and are willing to meet other times during the day if you need them. We have a great environment especially in the spring when all of the plants and flowers bloom. Its beautiful. The campus is very spacious and is very inviting. The food is great and there is a lot of variety to choose from. The security officers are always on top of things and are always willing to help you feel the safest. They will even come escort you to your car or take you somewhere after school hours when you are on campus. Students here are always very helpful and welcoming to newcomers, visitors and members of the community that come and visit the campus.