Harrogate, TN
Lincoln Memorial University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Lincoln Memorial University

Tyler

The best thing about my campus to be is the homley feeling I get from it. While standing on campus for the first time I felt like I was at home even though I was actually six hours from Creedmoor. This is important to me because If the campus gives me security then the transition between high school and college won't be as bad as it could be if the campus gave off the wrong vibe. I see myself spending the next 4-5 years of my life here in Harrogate.

One thing that may take some getting use to is how rural the campus is, meaning that it is going to be a bit of a drive to go out and do somethings, this can be a good thing though because then I won't have many distractions from my school work and soccer.

I was an impressively introverted and awkward 18-year-old, whose optimism relied so heavily on A's, "Excellents," and any fleeting acceptance from my peers. Unfortunately, none of my grades, awards, or attempts to feel worthy of them prepared me for the reality behind one of the greatest transitions of my life thus far. Almost six years after first enrolling in college, I'm incredibly proud to delcare that I will be graduating in May of 2015 with a Bachelor of Science in Biology and ambitious post-graduate plans to pursue a vocation that means everything to me. I only wish I could've encouraged that 18-year-old to focus on what's become a central tenant to my perseverance and belated success : self-acceptance. To find something I love, I had to be someone I love.

This school definitely has flaws, mainly with financial aid, but the teachers are amazing.

As a high school senior, I would tell myself to prepare to be afraid and amazed. There are some scary things along the way, no doubt, but there are some absolutely amazing things as well. I would also tell myself to make sure I know what I want to do ahead of time, so I don't have to change programs so much to finally find one that I am happy with.

You should not attend this school if you are looking for a large campus with constant activity. This place is pretty small and is dead on the weekends.

Christian

I would say that you need to pick a school that you would enjoy, dont go to one just for athletics. I would also tell myself to get on a decent schedule that you can balance, adademics and social life as well. The final thing i would tell myself is to get used to a sleep schedule that way i get qality rest while i have the ability to get up at early hours for class.

The fact that there is no social life on or off campus, this is a major reason why i plan on transferring next semester to a school where this exists, another thing i wish i knew was how distant this campus is. By this i mean it seems that the students here are not connected by anyway, everyone is out for themselves, but are not cutthroat.

The rules when it comes to housing, the fact that there is a zero tollerance for alchol, although i do not drink it seems controlling, also the fact that that overnight guests are not allowed period. The food is also terrible, the first weeks of the semetser they attempt to have decent meals while as the semester goes on it begins to get very stagnent, and plain. These two things are tied equally for the worst things about my campus.

Bradley

It is best known for a very small class size with high quality classes.

It is best known for a very small class size with high quality classes.

I would tell myself to look for more scholarships. I would tell myself that I am about to be forced to leave the college of my dreams because I cannot afford it. I would beg myself to please save more money.

Students who do not have a lot of money or a lot of scholarships should pass at LMU, because it is too expensive and not worth the price.

Mylinda

If I could go back and give myself advice it would be know what kind of career you want to accomplish before choosing a college, apply to the program when you first start and to many school incase you don’t get in at one or so you will have more then on opportunities( this will eliminate unnecessary class and be less expensive because you are not paying for classes you don’t have to have), apply for all scholarships I could (because with no help and having to take out student loans you will end up in debt), and I would try to get a better score on the ACT because now I know how important it is.

I am currently enrolled in the nursing program and what I consider to be the best about LMU is that it is a smaller school then most. The professor are nicer. They makes time to help each and every one of the students if they seek help or if they see that they aren’t being successful they try and make you become successful. They would go out of there way trying to find and extra study tool of strategies to help you become successful. The staff is very concerned about there students and want them to be a success.

LMU offers you a college education that will increase your understanding in science and society; it helps you to think abstractly and critically, to express judgment clearly, and to make intelligent decisions. LMU gives you and opportunity for many careers and an increases wages. LMU is a school that includes a college of arts and/or sciences, one or more programs of graduate studies, and professional school that can give you many opportunities for your life. This is the type of person who should attend LMU, someone who is ready to be successful and start a career with there life.

My school is the perfect size, along with the teacher to student ratio.

My school is the perfect size, along with the teacher to student ratio.

If I could go back in time and talk to myself before making the big transition between high school senior and college student, there are many things I would tell myself. First and for most, I would say, "everything will be okay" knowing that everything will be okay is always comforting to any new student. I would also let myself know that it is okay to enjoy yourself. You should step outside your comfort zone, meet new people, go out, and be outgoing. College is supposed to be the best time of your life, so why not enjoy your time. I would definitely tell myself to be myself, have fun, and experience to new things. People will love you for you, if you’re not a hermit crab and you go places and talk to people. This would be the advice I would give myself if I could before transitioning.

The type of person who should attend this school is one who can be easily entertained.

Heather

My classmates are sponges soaking in as much knowledge as they can acquire in one class.

College is not all fun and games. You will make terrible mistakes, but you have to make them to learn from them. Classes are not optional and friends will still be there afterwards. Drugs are stupid and will suck you in if you let them. General Education classes are boring, but the grades will matter in the future. When you get into your English classes, remember that they are hard for a reason. You will be a writer one day. Don’t get discouraged. It will happen because it is your destiny and destiny can’t be denied. Don’t expect writing to be fun. It will be painful, horrible, beautiful, exhausting, and rewarding. In your writing, you will discover who you are and where your destiny lies. In your quest to become America’s next literary giant, you will feel overwhelmed, but it isn’t something that happens overnight. Never settle for less than a lifetime of dedication to your gift. Even when you feel like a sliver of a blood soaked mirror, it will be put together and you will once again find yourself. Don’t be afraid to find yourself, you will like what you see.

Anyone who wishes to learn more than they could have ever fathomed and enjoy the natural beauty of the Applachian Mountains should attend Lincoln Memorial University.

Victoria

My classmates at Lincoln Memorial University are very goal oriented, successful, and are at college for the right reasons.

If I could go back in time and give myself advice about college life, it would have made things go a lot more smoother. College is a complete wake up call. In highschool I had teachers that managed my time, but in college I manage my time. Also in high school I could count on my parents and teachers to remind me of my responsibilities. I have to take responsibility for my actions and face the consequences of my decisions. In high school i could get away with studying only for a hour for a test, but in college I usually study for about a good week. The professors in college are nothing like the teachers in high school. The professors care whether I fail, but honestly its up to me if I want the grade.In high school the test were short and to the point for the most part. In college the test are long and complex. I need to know the material inside and out if I want to do well in college. If I put forth the effort, study, and go to college for the right reasons I will go far in life.

The most frustrating thing about my school is the student activity. It can get boring at the school because they do no have many things to do at this school besides study. It would be nice if they built a new student center.

Lincoln Memorial University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.