Lincoln Memorial University Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for Lincoln Memorial University

Julianna

I think the school is easy to become acclimated to and the school makes it very easy to become involved in various activities. There are many options for outdoor activities and socializing. They have all of the essentials close by, but I do hope that the city grows and has more nicesities even closer by.

Chelsea

Are you looking for a great nursing program that provides a quality learning experience and that provides the opportunity to create long-lasting professional relationships with your professors? Then look no further than LMU! Originally, I applied to LMU because it was close to home and offered a BSN programs that was highly respected among other nursing schools. That was my main goal when I was applying to colleges in the Spring of 2014. What I received from LMU was not only a great learning experience, but the nursing professors truly care about each individual nursing student. They all want us to succeed, and they provide extra help if it is needed so that we are able to pass exams and reach our goal of becoming a RN with a BSN degree. I am so happy that I chose LMU to start my educational career, and I am so thankful for the professors, who push every student to do their best. Without their motivation, I daresay that many would falter in their journey to reach their goals. Are you looking for a college that provides excellent learning opportunities for students, who are interested in other education fields? LMU provides that as well. During my prerequisite course work for the BSN program, most of the classes and their respective professors were top notch! If nursing or the medical field is not your thing, I would seriously encourage you to check out LMU. The price tag may be a little high, but the experience is worth it if you want a good, well-rounded college experience that prepares you for your career in your desired field.

B

I really like Lincoln Memorial University. It was my first choice college and I think the campus atmosphere is amazing. It's a very safe campus and there are always full time police officers and armed security officers on campus. They will even escort you to and from your destination if you don't feel comfortable by yourself. The professors, for the most part, are really great and always have accessible office hours and will work on times to meet with you if needed. The dorms, my biggest consideration when moving to college, are actually really nice. I live in The Village (the apartment style dorms) and they are updated and are very nice compared to other colleges. I have also seen the traditional style dorms and they seem pretty nice as well. The campus is very large (area wise) and there is always at least one thing to do daily on campus. You can walk to class, and some students do, but I mainly drive because I'm not into walking for 15 minutes and most other students also drive to classes. The nearby town is pretty small but theres a Walmart and a mall and most every fast food restaurant you would want as well as some nice sit down restaurants as well. The campus food is pretty good. They always have pizza and a salad bar and hamburgers and fries and then theres always a specialty section as well. There's also a little cafe place, called Splitters, where you can exchange your cafeteria meals for their meals and they have things like chicken tenders, fries, onion rings, mozzarella sticks, and salads as well. LMU also has quite a bit of money due to large endorsements. They are currently building a new Vet center and have plans to build a new student center as well. Overall I think LMU is a really great school. It's kind of small but that's what I was looking for and so I think it's a perfect fit for me.

Savannah

LMU is a great school to got to. Their Science and Math Department is top notch. The professors are great to work with even in your higher level classes. Registration process is always easy. Campus security works tirelessly to ensure a safe campus. The area is beautiful and provides students great opportunities to stay active.

Alexis

I love it here at Lincoln Memorial University. I think the campus is in a really good location. While there may not be much around to do, it gives you more time to focus on getting your degree! The location is actually the prime reason that I chose this university! The professors become more like friends and they are always here to help you anyway possible. There is so much to get involved in here on campus and I just think that this school is an overall great university!

Brooklyn

It's a beautiful and safe college with a very supportive staff. They offer the students clean and healthy activities to do outside of classes. They also offer supportive services and many tutoring opportunities for students so it doesn't get too overwhelming. They really care about their students.

Desirae

Lincoln Memorial University is an ideal campus for those who honestly want to learn during their academic career rather than party (although people can do both). Coming from a place with two gas stations and no red lights, Harrogate and Middlesboro have enough to do to keep me happy but others say there's nothing, so that's all about your perspective and what you enjoy. If you want nightclubs and skyrises, this isn't the place for you. Academically, LMU is challenging enough to make you work for a good grade but rarely do I feel like I just can't understand what we're studying. Professors know you by name and tend to know their field very well. They're also usually easy to get in contact with. On campus housing is absolutely amazing, except West. Most housing is apartment dorms that are probably nicer than my house, but West (typical college dorm) tends to constantly have issues. I've heard they're trying to keep students from being housed here, and generally use it as a last resort, which I was unlucky enough o be put here. The campus is very nice, buildings are for the most part new (some are old, but they're also sort of historical, from early on in campus history). The math and science building is new and the classrooms and labs are absolutely amazing. LMU is a great school, and I love being here. However, it isn't for people who only want to party or want a constantly busy campus.

Mary

After transferring from a failing school, LMU stepped in to help me with an extremely stressful transition that consisted of losing half of the credits I'd already completed at another school and having to relocate to another state. The administrators were available to assist me every step of the way. Once I arrived at LMU, they made me feel welcomed and made themselves available to help me any way they could, including housing, financial aid, and course scheduling. Moving to a new city where there are no relatives or friends is a difficult process. However, LMU made me feel like family.

Leann

A very hometown-based school with a slower pace of life outside of the campus. Faculty are prompt at responding to emails and are very helpful over the phone or in person. Tuition is more expensive than other in-state schools though there are many amenities that are included in the price.

Preston

Faculty could care more about the students personal situation. It is as if a student is struggling it does not matter the reason, it matters that they cover their back and keep their backs covered. I was personally was struggling with depression and was advised to withdraw instead of offered help.

Patricia

Lincoln Memorial University is a small, beautiful, safe college. This school has small classroom sizes which gives great opportunities for professors to get to know their students. The school is really serious when it comes to academics and their athletics. It is a great learning atmosphere and many people enjoy their stay. I think this school has great intentions and really cares for the students. I believe that LMU was a great choice for me and would highly recommend this school to anyone.

Rrba

Absolutely horrible experience. I studied at LMU diligently over the duration of three years and was satisfied until it was discovered that my official academic transcript had been altered, meaning my cumulative GPA had somehow been lowered 0.3 cumulative points below accurate. Citing an incorrect GPA the school then forced me to withdraw from my program of study against my will, despite meeting multiple times with the dean, even pleading with him and administrative officials to please investigate this issue further. An inaccurate GPA should not have been permitted let alone used against me yet it was, and the school has not shown any willingness to work with me yet has reported they are now calculating all transcripts by hand! The United States Dept of Education and The United States Office of Inspector General among other unnamed accrediting bodies have been notified and are investigating this issue. Avoid LMU at all cost!

Destiney

LMU is my second college and it is the best school around. Very good teachers, the availability is amazing, and they really care. Great school to attend! The nursing program is amazing, they want you to succeed and help you and push you in anyway they can!

Jillian

I love LMU. I learned a lot while I was there. The professors are knowledgeable and care about the students. There are small class sizes. I attended the campus site in Knoxville TN. If I had to do it over again I would definitely go to LMU. I also liked how they designed the education program in a way that working adults could do it too.

Brooklyn

It's an amazing school with amazing people. There's always something going on so the students can get involved and there are plenty of services available to students. They offer free tutoring services and free mental health counseling to the students on campus. They really care about all of their students.

Courtney

I love the school, and has a great campus. I wouldn't want to go to school anywhere else. This school really is a great school, and continuing to grow in their academics. I have not really been here for long, but if you are falling behind the teachers are willing to help you in any way possible, and there are plenty of free tutoring.

Jared

LMU is just average in my opinion. For reference, I am a current sophomore at the university and am a Nursing major. The administration doesn't seem listen to students' opinions or concerns very well. They give out surveys at least twice a semester but I've never seen any concerns I raised being taken care of. The school also seems to care more about making a quick buck than ensuring their students have success and prosper in college. For example, during finals week at the end of the Fall 2018 semester students were told they had 3 days to pay their full Spring 2019 balance or they would be required to move out immediately following their last final exam. This created enormous stress on the students combined with their already heightened stresses from finals week. This policy was changed without alerting students which is just plain sketchy. The school also seems to be trying to completely eliminate the arts and humanities department. They recently demolished the broadcasting building that communications majors used frequently for no real reason. They have also cancelled the music program at the university and have significantly decreased their class offerings for all arts and humanities related areas. I think their end goal is to have a school that is just nursing, vet, vet tech, business, and medical school. If you are a student that is in one of these majors you seem to get way more support and funding than those that are in the other areas of study. The campus is beautiful if you like the rural lifestyle; however, students will have a difficult time finding things to do at night or on the weekends. To get any real entertainment or shopping options students are required to drive the hour or so drive to Knoxville. Partying is nonexistent at the campus and if the police find out they shut them down immediately. Greek life is also almost nonexistent. The fraternities and sororities have so few people it's a wonder how they manage to do anything. I know most of them have less than 10 members with only one or two going above that number. Why wouldn't more people join greek life at LMU you might ask? Well, a big reason is that the sorority and fraternity housing was taken away by the administration so they have no real meeting spaces anymore and have to meet in cramped dorm rooms or wait until athletic teams quit using buildings for most of their activities. Some of the buildings on campus are new and nice, such as the Math and Science building and the newly built Veterinary School building. Others are historic but severely run down compared to comparable universities. For example, Avery Hall, which houses the arts and humanities classes, is very old and the seats and floors are from long ago and creak with every footstep. The library is also a complete joke when comparing it to comparable schools around this area. There are not enough study rooms or study cubicles and the entire square footage of the library is not nearly enough to accommodate the number of students who desire to use it, especially during midterms and finals. The police and security do a pretty good job I would say. As I mentioned earlier, I think LMU is really trying to make a quick buck in many areas and the parking is one of those places. They recently changed the parking map and gave students considerably less parking options, especially around the Library and Avery Hall and the quad. They look for cars to ticket and even on the first day of the new parking map being put into effect they were writing quite a bit of tickets. They also don't seem to crack down on double parking that prevents students from parking in their already limited available parking areas. They have ways to report bad parking or other offenses but I've seen first hand that the police or security officers come out and simply look at the vehicle or other object and just drive away without a care in the world. I will say that they are very responsive when some emergency is happening. If the fire alarm goes off at any of the dorm buildings on campus police or security are usually there before most students are even evacuated from the building. I would say that in the event of a fire or other emergency, LMU police or security can be anywhere on campus within 2 minutes and I have also seen this happen first hand. The police/security and the sense of safety on campus is one of the only positive aspects I have witnessed at Lincoln Memorial University. Overall, I would look at other institutions nearby because I feel like LMU would rather make a quick buck than to see their students actually succeed in their degree and in life. I wish I would've done more research to determine if LMU was truly a good fit for me and my future life goals.

Faith

Lincoln Memorial University is a small school on 1,000 acres. The scenery is absolutely breathtaking with views of mountains everywhere you look. The professors are always available to help you and give you one-on-one attention. This is a huge contributor to a student's success. The medical programs are amazing including the professors and facilities. The business programs are a little weaker, but still not the worst school out there. LMU could improve a little more on the variety of degrees they offer.

Felicia

This is my number one choice school and I’m very pleased with my choice so far! They really care about the students. They go out of their way to ensure everyone has what they need to succeed. A quote from one of the office ladies is, “we take care of our own” and I can truly feel that.