Jefferson City, MO
Lincoln University-Jefferson City

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Lincoln University-Jefferson City

Erica

It can be a great school after it improves after somethings. I think that some of things that we have gotten taken away like our History program and Music program need to comeback. Another thing, an understanding on where our money is going to. A lot of things have gotten added on like athletic fees and it just doesn't seem to add up on how we are paying so much money for things and still getting stuff taken away.

Marques

it's a okay place it could improve. Like there should be way more things to do around here. Like sometimes it's fun but usually its boring. Its like if it isn't a party going on there isn't anything to do and even the parties get played out. Maybe if there was more things to do it be a better campus

Ger'ae

Lincoln is one big family and everyones goal is to succeed, thats what we all have in common.

Looking back on myself as a senior I would tell myself That college is nothing like highschool. In college there is no one here to hold your hand along the way like in highschool. You are now a young adult with alot of resonsibilities and the only person to be held accounted for is yourself. You dont have time to be worried about your peers or whatever the latest gossip is because the work professors give I guarantee will take up the majority of your time. You actually have to sit down and marinate on your classes your taking until your brain hurts. Procrastinating is a major hurtle in college and you can not find yourself doing it because it will come back and bite you hard. Just stay focused, eat brain food, stay positive and dont be afraid to ask for help when you need it because no one got to where they are now without someone elses help.

The type of person who should attend Lincoln University is a person who is more family oriented. Here at lincoln Everyone knows or have seen each other because its a very small school. If you need that one on one time with your teachers or just need to be alone this is the place for you.

Paige

I have had plenty of classmates during my time attending Lincoln University. My classes are diverse and the people are friendly and hardworking. I believe this is the way a college classroom should be; Nothing but hardwork and motivation to the reach the next level. I feel really comfortable sharing ideas and bouncing back off of ideas classmates may have. The energy of my classes that I've taken so far has been positive, and I really would like things to stay that way. Having little to no distractions is awesome and helps the flow of the classroom.

Whats really unique about Lincoln University is that there is always an opportunity for students to get connected with things thats resourceful to their use. For example turoring is a big issue here, the classes are harder and so are the professors. The tutoring here at Lincoln helps students to be relieved and to know that they will pass that specific course. I have also taken tutoring, and it too has benefited me greatly to pass a class with a "B." Lincoln also offers same sex gender organizations, "LGBT." No one is left out to feel ashamed or embarrassed.

If I could go back in time to talk to myself as a senior in high school, I would shed some insight on how college really is, and what to look out for. Being in college has shown me so many things, and if I could go back in time I would let myself know, to be careful of people and my surroundings. When I got to college I was always to myself, and a few people who I was cool with were similar to me. What I found out was that everyone who I thought was cool wasn't in my best interest. Back in high school I had friends that looked out for me and was there. When graduating my high school friends faded away, and reality struck. Going back in time to high school would be a wide awakening for me. I'm a nice person who doesn't mind helping, and I've been that way since high school. Coming to Lincoln has made me see that I was being taken advantage of, and it really hurted my feelings. My college self would tell myself to "Be wise because people come and go." Reality is real!

Shagonda

When attending college, always stay focused on your courses, and try to maintain a 4.0 GPA. Also donate your time and patience to variuos school activities and community projects. Be of service to those less fortunante, and always look to help others.

I wish I would have known the historical and prestigeous credintial this university obtains. But now I know.

Anyone interested in receiving a quality eduaction and looking to be very successful after attending this university.

Charlene

LINCOLN IS A SMALL FAMILY ORIENTED SCHOOL, AND IT IS A PLACE WHERE YOU CAN FIND THINGS THAT YOU ARE GOOD AT. THEN TAKE LEADERSHIP POSITION IN THOSE THINGS. IT IS EASY TO GET CONNECTED WITH THE STUDENTS AND STAFF. AT LINCOLN YOU MAKE A LIFE LONG FAMILY.

I would tell myself to get involved in something that interest me. By doing that I would get a more broad veiw of the college life and it will also help me organize my time. Also I would say get a study group together it is more important than you think. Having a study group will help you alot in those classes that you may struggle in. lastly I would say talk to student about what classes you and taking and the professor that teach those classes. When you do this you can get a feel for how the student perceive the teacher and maybe even how the teacher teaches .

THE MOST FRUSTRATING THING IS HOW UNORGANIZED OUR SCHOOL IS. IF YOU NEED LITTLE THINGS LIKE A FAX MACHINE YOU WILL BE SENT ALL AROUND CAMPUS BE FOR YOU CAN FIND ONE. ANOTHER THING IS THE COMMUNICATION SOME TIME IT IS HARD TO GET IN CONNACT WITH PEOPLE IN THE OFFICE WHEN YOU CALL IN ON THE PHONE.

LaBradford

Lincoln University is a 2nd home away from home.

Lincoln University is a 2nd home away from home.

Please saty focused! Make sure that you get involved. If you are involved then you are REQUIRED to keep a GPA and should your gpa fall, you can be removed from the organization that is all about what you love to do. Its going to be paingful to watch some one else do what you love to do. So being involved challenges you to keep a great gpa, network and learn how to conduct yourself in a business professional world.

The fact that only about 3200 students attend. I wish that more attended the University gain the same experiences I received.

Kat

If I was able to go back and give my past self advice, I would definitely take advantage of an opportunity of that magnitude. There haven't been any terribly earth-shattering transitions into college life; I live at home and attend community college to save on expenses. I would go back and give myself advice to act as a catalyst to change this lack of change. In highschool, I was terribly afraid of making decisions and essentially just coasted on my good grades; then, when the time to actually pick a school came around, I had missed scholarship deadlines and hadn't made any solid choices about actual instituaions to attend. I had been too preoccupied with notions of 'this school is too far', 'this is out of state, the tuition will be too high', this instituion is private', 'what if I don't even like it?', and the things of that nature. Therefore, I attended the local communtiy college and continued on in my routine. I would go back and tell myself to apply for scholarships like crazy, and apply to institutions with reckless abandon, just to see where I would be accepted, to escape this monotony now.

Breonna

If I could go back in time and talk to myself; it would be amazing. I would make sure I get the most important message across and that is to not worry about being away from home because you will make friends and your family will always be there when you really need them. Also I would tell myself that I need to be open to change because going to college will open your eyes to a whole new world and so many different types of people. I'll also tell myself to work really hard to get a car that summer before college because college would be so much more fun if I had a car. One final thing I would tell myself is that your first room mate is going to be a wild, but loving female and with her make sure you set all the ground rules about sharing a room at the beginning of the school year. Before I am done talking to myself my goal would be for me to always remember everything happens for a reason and never sweat the small things in life because pain is only temporary.

I wish I knew more about the people who went to this university and what type of learning environment this campus has to give its students. Also it would have been great to have known what types of activities and clubs the school has to offer to make myself feel for secure and comfortable.

Anyone could really attend my college. I would say it is easier to make freinds with people if you are outgoing. Most people who goes to Lincoln are really nice, but you can not be afraid to interact with them because people here will not talk to you unless they feel you are friendly and want to talk to them.

Lincoln University-Jefferson City administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.