Madison Area Technical College Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for Madison Area Technical College

Jacob

I went here a few years ago and they do an excellent job matching development of students with with academic and industry expectations. From a point of view as a student, they seemed to have an effective, dynamic, and "battle hardened" formula for creating hoops (Kobe!) for students to jump through to meet the expectations of employers and transfer Universities.

Andres

I am a current student and in the liberal arts transfer program at Madison College. I believe this to be an amazing college for both students looking to transfer into 4 year colleges and students just looking to attain a associates degree to go to.

Jillian

Nice

Dylan

Firstly, its hard to talk about the whole MATC since it's split up throughout Madison. I was only on Truax campus, but the classes are great depending on the professors. There is a mix here of people who care and people who don't seem fit as an instructor else so do your research if you want. The building is really clean and new. I was there during and after construction. It's overall a nice place to go and get things done. You'll make friends in class, but there isn't much social aspect unless you put yourself out there.

Alexa

Madison College is great if you're looking to save money but also have hopes of attending a 4-year university in the future. The school strives in its student aid services, meaning there is never a shortage of resources and help. Although, due to the universities "get in and get out" attitude, it is very easy to feel lost or confused about your personal timeline at the school. For example, the school doesn't even have my old transcripts on file, which is require during the application process. If they don't know the classes I have previously taken how can they decide what still needs to be taken? It is small organizational factors that really exemplify the schools weaknesses. Overall, it seems as the school has made efforts to ensure student success by fronting numerous resources but struggles with securing the continuation of post-secondary education for its students.

Citrine

MATC is a great place to start at. My professors have been good so far, and if there is anything you need, they can direct you to their office hours or tutors that are available whenever you are! The affordability of it is another factor I considered when applying to this school: most courses offered at the university level you can find here for a fraction of the cost! I am a low-income student and it's not easy covering finances and studying to make sure you get by. MATC hosts many clubs and organizations that include a semester stipend, so not every expense is out-of-pocket. I also chose this school so I can receive a higher GPA than if I was at a university. This is like a glamorized high school, but it's a good place to start, from ages 18 to 81!

Sara

Madison Area Technical College is a surprising school. Most people are disappointed when they have to go to a community college. Madison Area is different. It has many different campuses available throughout the area. The faculty is equal to the level of instruction you would get from larger universities. They are always available and I have always felt they are just as passionate as the student is about succeeding. It is an inexpensive school without sacrificing a great education. I took a chance and decided to start my education with MATC. I don't regret a thing. There is always someone to help answer questions about transfers and degree goals. MATC is a two-year college, and they are wonderful at ensuring you are adequately prepared to move forward to your next step. Beyond that, they offer a ton of extracurricular activities that are not always offered at two-year schools. There are plenty of clubs to join, guest lecturers, and entertainment to explore while you get a solid education.

Terence

This is a phenomenal school with so many resources available to students that there's really no excuse not to bring out the best in studies. The facilities are modernized and user friendly with staff members and lecturers who are there to help with any need possible.

Maja

I am attending Madison Area Technical College and am in the Liberal Arts Transfer Program. In my opinion, this is an amazing program and it saves me a lot of money. I love that this is offered and it makes it incredibly easy to transfer after. All the staff at Madison College are wonderful. The professors set office hours and have wonderful communication skills. Every professor I have had thus far has made it clear that they are always available to help if you need it. It is a wonderful facility and I'm glad I chose to go here!

Alexa

Madison Area College is a great stepping stone for those not knowing what they should do in life. There are great programs here if people already know what they want to get into, but most are here to transfer. A lot of the credits are very transferable and this helps out so much.

I have been very happy with all of the professors so far. It is a great school with lots of amenities. I have a lot of timing options for classes. Online options, nighttime classes, and accelerated summer classes. This allows me the flexibility to still carry a full time job during the day. I am also a mother with busy high school students, and it allows me the ability to be able to still see all of the schooling events that go on through out the year. I was unhappy with my initial adviser, and it took a lot of work to get a good one, but when I did it all fell into place. Great flexible, affordable place to go to go to school for any age.

Rashad

I started school in the fall of 2016, i attended the portage section behind the college. At first things were great i thought i was on my way to a great program. After my first semester things got a little complicated. First off i thought i would receive a degree at the end of my first year only to receive a technical diploma. I also found out that if i wanted to do a second year i would only obtain a technical diploma as well. I also found out that i could have applied for an associates degree that would take me further in my profession than the program i was enrolled in. On top of that i was also told that the program i am in will be a associates degree but a year after id already be done with the same program requirements as the technical degree would be which means id have to come back. then the rest of my second year classes are only offered in a campus about an hour away from where i live. As far as help and getting involved with students who need it i didn't get that feeling i didn't meet my adviser until my last year in school if i was given guidance and shown how to navigate the technical college campuses and programs id be a bit less confused right now but unfortunately that is not the case. There's not much opportunity for scholarships in my program also. All in all once i graduate ill be back within the year and it makes it hard to compete without all of the appropriate tools educationally.

Sierra

It is a great campus and a wonderful place to go to college as a first year student, out of high school. The reason why I say this is because the instructors are here to help you and will email you back as soon as possible. Also, the facilities here are top of the line and are open most if not all day which is helpful for morning or night classes. students are able to choose whether they can do night or morning classes to fit their life and job, etc.

Chapin

I absolutely love it! This college has great academic classes as well as fun activities for "us" students. There are so many kind people there and Madison Area Technical College has so much diversity as well, it's truly a wonderful experience. This college has really given me an amazing opportunity towards my future.

Ashlee

Madison Area Technical College is a great, fun, and cheaper school compared to a university. They always have something going on for the students to partake in and the professors really care about your education. This is a great school if you live in Madison or would rather go to a tech school compared to a University.

Lisa

I have loved the experience I have had so far, and enjoy the clubs . I love the fact that there are shuttle buses to the different campuses in Madison. The food options that they offer are great and the price is reasonable. I have enjoyed my classes, and my teachers are great.

Mikala

I enjoy going to the college. There are many opportunities for students to participate. My professors have been great so far, and they seem to really care about their students. However, politics on campus seem to lean one way, and sometimes I feel as if my opinions do not matter, or sometimes I feel attacked by people who I do not agree with.

Over-all a great school. I have had a positive experience here for the past three years.

Tea

Overall Madison Area Technical College is a great school. The school is really accommodating to your needs and there's nothing but encouraging people around you. The class size is absolutely wonderful and I appreciate how available my instructors are both inside and outside of the classroom.

Beverly

The technical programs are very good. The transfer program will save a lot of money compared to solely attending a four year school.

Cami

I've been attending MATC for a number of years for different classes and degrees. I've enjoyed my time here. This is a great technical college to transfer from, as well as graduate from with less expensive classes. I was able to take many courses online that have allowed me to easily continue working. This college is a good fit for someone looking to advance to a University or complete a degree while working full or close to full time.

Pharis

This school is very good for people that are not positive if college is for you. They take basically anyone and if you keep up with the work you will do perfectly fine. I am a highschool student in 2 MATC classes and have an A in both. You just have to stay motivated and embrace it.

Kiara

I think it is a great school because there are plenty of resources for students to get help and ways to be involved in the community. The small class sizes are a great way to not feel so overwhelmed and stay connected to your teacher. I really like how small the campus is because it's easy to transition to classes.

Tina

Madison College is dedicated to providing the most beneficial and enriching higher learning experience, whether you are a transfer student, an academic program student, or you're taking a class or two for personal growth - classes are affordable, the instructors are top-notch educators and/or industry professionals, and there are dozens of extra-curricular clubs, activities and organizations to provide a well-rounded college experience to every student.

Ella

Madison Area Technical College offers many services that are included in tuition to students such as tutoring, childcare, workout facilities, and more. It is a great place for students straight out of high school or students who need some help before attending a university. Overall, I would recommend this college to others.

Madison

It is a really great school! I feel very blessed to have been accepted into their program. All of the classes and teachers are outstanding. I am definitely learning so much more than I thought I would. There are always people around to help you. There is a large variety of food options including healthy and not. There is so much to do, and I really love my school.