Manhattanville College Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for Manhattanville College

Christopher

Manhattanville College is such an amazing college. This college is a second home. It's a wonderful place where individuals with new and exciting ideas and minds can flourish in many fields of academics, sports arts, and more. This college is a part of us, we are a family who sticks together and has each other’s backs. We are all there for each other whether it’s laughing, joking, playing, caring for one another, late night studying, or intellectual, friendly debates during spare time. We are a family. Manhattanville has many things to teach us and as a junior, I have a lot to learn. This college with its foundation and great professors prepares us for the real world. Manhattanville gives us just the right amount of courage and hope to succeed beyond the classrooms and make real change happen. We are given a look of what we can do despite societal expectations, and cultural norms. We can do such much if we apply ourselves, which we do. We come to this college as young men and women with ideas, dreams, and goals to accomplish, we leave here as men and women ready for real would. We still have a lot to learn and we will make mistakes, but we are ready. We are a little naive, but we are ready. Whatever life throws at us, we will just overcome it because we are Valiants. We are Valiant Knights with our mighty swords raised high, and our protective shields and armor.

This is my second college and my first semester at Manhattanville College and I love it. Students are very welcoming and very involved. Professors, advisors, and staff are all very helpful and go out of their way to assist you in any means possible. The campus is beautiful, the academics are great, and the overall college experience is rad!

Skyler

Manhattanville is a safe and fun environment where students are encouraged to obtain the highest level education their hearts desire. There are so many inviting clubs, and people of all grade levels. I highly recommend this college to nay and all students.

Manhattanville College is absolutely beautiful. The atmosphere is welcoming and the community is so diverse. This school has so many opportunities for students academically and career wise. All the departments work together to help students achieve their goals. The fact that my classes are small allows me to have the one on one time with a professor which helps me academically. I've come to realize that the professors here have a lot of experience in their field and also have connections where internships and networking are concerned. The Office of Residence Life work together to make residents feel comfortable and like they are home away from home. There is always something to do on campus and it's not hard to get involved at all.

Kaitlyn

Personally, love this school. From, the professors to the close commute to the city, this college has everything I need. I have done my fair share of college shopping, and no college felt more open and welcoming. The communications program which I am majoring in has internships and major based classes that will help you acquire skills both on and off-campus. If I had a do-over for picking my college process, I would choose Manhattanville again and again.

I do not know if I will stay my four years, it's not really my scene.

It's a very small school, so everyone knows each other. Can be both good and bad. If you need something, you will surely know who to talk to, or someone will. But if you do something wrong or if you sleep with someone or something like that, half of the student population is bound to know. Even so, it's a very close-knit community so you are bound to find a bunch of friends.

amanda

It is a great school

Kristina

As a senior, I can honestly say that my 4 years spent here at Manhattanville were well worth it. Attending a small university allowed me to get 1 on 1 attention from professors which helped me to hone my craft in Musical Theater and English. The professors in both the music and theater department are currently working in the field and therefore were able to prepare me with the skills, connections, and knowledge I will need post graduation. They are excellent! They became personal mentors and I am so grateful for all the time and effort they have put into helping us succeed. Receiving a Liberal Arts education was the best decision because it made me well rounded, a quality that Manhattanville stresses is essential in whatever field of study you pursue.

It is a great place to get an education! All of the staff is very nice and helpful. There are always office hours and ways to connect with your teachers outside of the classroom if you need help. There are also resources such as the writing center to help you with your assignments.

This school is either hell or tolerable for people. There is an ongoing issue that the administration does not take the students seriously, and tries to cover up crimes on campus. They blame the victim. Some professors care, others don't. However when push comes to shove, the students stand up for one another.

Manhattanville College is a waste of time and money. Campus safety sleeps on the job and won’t do anything when there is actually a problem. Professors never show up for their office hours. If your interested in study abroad, you should know that you will only be approved if your programs tuition is at most half the cost of mville tuition so they can make a profit off of you, as well as you have to be in the absolute cheapest program because less than 1.5% of students are accepted to study abroad event though that is in no way how it is advertised. Academics aren’t really much of anything, they moreover state a fact and ask if you understand then move on. Housing on-campus, most all of the dorms are falling apart in the inside, and if you visit the school the “example room” isn’t even in the freshman building (even though that’s where you live for your first two semesters even if you are a transfer).

Kimberly

There is no support in any of the departments. Student life is boring and does not listen to the students. They are not for the students which is a problem cause you are STUDENT LIFE! I feel the only department that is helping is Admissions. Admissions is always busy but, makes sure the students are heard & have a voice. The new staff that was hired is great. Admission counselor Joey was the first to step up in a few months. It took him less then 3months to be well known. Advisor of 2 dance clubs, helpful with current students, and a good ear. How can a 3month staff member verse a 3 years or more be so helpful. Its like I pay alot of money to attend the college why is no one helping me! That's a problem! I did it all on campus, you need to be involve to survive on campus & make sure you understand what it takes to be a Valiant.

Maya

Big disappointment. Most people are drawn to the school, largely for the financial aid they receive. On campus, however the atmosphere is dead, especially on weekends. If you do not have a car, you are limited to free transportation to white plains and NYC. Both options become boring & expensive because most outings into cities require spending money. There is no outing type club for those who enjoy nature. As a result, it feels like a prison because you are limited to specific areas without your own means of transportation. Many students say they turn to drugs and alcohol to keep them "busy", especially on weekends. Although the school is known for diversity; much of the " diversity" consists of mostly Latin countries, which actually contradicts the idea of diversity. Spanish speaking students form their large cliques, sports teams form their cliques, drugies form theirs etc. If you do not fall into one of the large groups of population, you're on your own, socially. Some administration is rude and unhelpful and I have heard professors also complain about how they do not treat students well enough to meet student needs. Education was the only descent aspect about the school. Small class sizes allow development of strong relationships with some of your professors and allow for good opportunities to receive help. If you liked high school, this is the school for you! If you live very far & do not want to feel imprisoned I urge you to find a larger school with more opportunities. If you are commuting this school is great for education and you don't have to feel stuck here. To anyone looking to come here, do further research, get a real feel for the school and do not come solely based on financial circumstances. Good luck with college searching :)

Janice

Love the campus. Everyone is so friendly and nice to one another. It is very peaceful and quiet on campus. There is always an event going on. Always something to do to make everyone feel included in things. Our campus is very diverse, as we have many students who are international.

Nykeira

Its a great campus, but I'm a black student ans some of the students and cafe staff thinks is okay to make me feel less then. But the school is good overall and it is not easy getting places and everything closes early. and there is only one city bus, and the valiant if you don't got a car that's it for you.

Eu Jin

I like the campus. It fits for me to be part of their community, because I met many people who is nice and friendly. And I live to meet different people who comes from different countries. The clubs are fun and nice. The writing center helps me to improve my writing technique.

Elijah

The professors are all very smart, and offer a lot for students to learn. However, the offices and the people that work in them are very difficult to work with and don't seem to care too much for student problems. Various holds will be placed on a students account, and to get it removed one basically must go on a wild goose chase.

Fatou

This is a decent college. Not very commuter student friendly as we are limited access to many parts on campus

It's a good college but some things could be updated more and it would have been great to have apartments or sport houses. It offers a variety of courses but I wish it had more for the health and sciences, specifically Physical Therapy. I also wish there was an opportunity for off campus housing for upper class. The facilities for sports is very good but they do need to provide better food options when we are traveling for games or when school isn't in session but we are there for sports.

Rosamaria

Manahattanville has a long way to go. The residence halls need major improvements as well as central air and heat that actually works in the residence halls and classrooms. The higher up offices always have miscommunication and tend to mess things up for students continuously. There is a lack of community feeling which can be fixed if they would make students feel like they were actually cared for rather than just out for their money.

Deanna

My overall opinion of Manhattanville College is very positive. This campus is in a very safe and beautiful area. The buildings and classrooms are very clean. The professors are very knowledgeable with real world experience which adds more value to my classes. The classes are small which allows the chance to have one on one's with your professor and does not treat you just as a number in a seat. So far my experience has been great here and I look forward to growing along with the college.

Manhattanville does not accommodate their students or host events that the students enjoy. There is very little school spirit and their graduation rate is 43%. Most kids transfer out after they've been conned into thinking it's a decent school. The institution is more concerned about their reputation than their students' well-being. Would not recommend. Could not leave fast enough.

Kendelle

I was impressed with the caring, friendliness, and academics. I was made to feel welcome - and not in a fake way - they were more sincere than some of the other colleges I had visited. People knew my name when I returned for a second visit - including other students as well as Professors. I sat in on a few Science classes and felt comfortable and interested. I will be able to delve into research immediately. I will be able to study abroad if I wish to do so. Financial aide worked with me - not against me. There is much to do, as well, in the area. And I ate at the café a few times - my vegetarian meals were delicious! I will Minor in the Arts and loved the possibilities here. I have 14 college credits already and they all seem to be transferable too, helping me get ahead. If you go in prepared and with a good attitude, it will work for you! I plan to continue on and the reality is that nobody needs to owe thousands of dollars for Undergrad school. This was a perfect fit.

Maria Gabriela

I like the school but the food is horrible, and the dorms are as well! I think the school has so much potential that hasn't been exploded yet, they are just willing to take anybody that one’s to go to school, they should have higher standards on there acceptence. Professors in the business area are great, they have a lot of expirience! I think this school should only concentrat in buisness.