Saint Paul, MN
Metropolitan State University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Metropolitan State University

Corey

It's strictly an off-campus living college. As being a non-traditional student, I appreciate the fact that there tends to be a lot of other non-traditional students. There are several locations across the metro in which one can have classes. That can be nice if you live near one or another, but not if you live far from one of the campuses. The professors are overall descent, they will get to know your name, but won't involve themselves with you unless you engage them. Overall, it's not a descent university for people that want to be around other non-traditional students and prefer more night class availability.

Munira

Motivation is a key thing that Metro State University needs to work on. You will not keep your students motivated if you do not involve them and let them take an active role in your classes. Long gone are the days when teachers talked for most of the lesson, with students taking a passive role. Classes need to be student-centered​. The teacher should act as a coach and facilitator; to help, guide and direct the learning process. It is also very important to give students the opportunity to be successful. Give them tasks where they can see the results of their efforts. That feeling of 'yeah, I did it!', that 'a-ha' feeling students get when they have done a difficult exercise, boosts their motivation.

Nina

I believe that Metropolitian State University is one of the best schools in Denver. People may think other "major" schools are top but I believe that MSU, gives everyone a chance to learn. MSU isn't expensive and they provide the best professors to do the teaching.

Jalisa

A great School!! I have only been to the school a couple of times during my Junior and Senior year in high school, and I just feel in love! Although there is no on campus living, something I really wanted while going to school, I believe that you will have a great experience while attending Metropolitan State University.

Bethany

I am in the RN-BSN program. The program is hybrid, with a combination of on campus and online classes. My experience has been excellent in this program, however the requirements to get into the program do not seem necessary as many of us have completed similar classes already.

Shaiynne

I am a Freshman attending Metropolitan State University. It's only my first semester, but overall its okay. I am currently enrolled in the TRIO program, they have been a huge help. The professors are great and always willing to help. They're very understanding an easy to work with. The campus has tons of areas to relax and many areas designated for studying. We don't have dorms or on campus living, we also don't have fraternities or sports. However I don't really mind. I don't really have a lot of friends there but I don't mind because my main purpose for being there is to better myself and my future, however everyone is very friendly and always open to conversations. Overall it's a pretty good university.

Benjamin

My school is well designed and well accomodating but not very well made for social interaction.

Try as many different types of classes as you can. Don't shoot solely for an associates of liberal arts. You need to start on what you love right away and because I know you don't know what you love yet, I need you to try as many things as you can. Especially computer programming. You're going to love it.

I wish I had known about how many class I could finish at a community college before coming here. I had already finished my generals, but many of my higher end classes would have transferred as well, and I wouldn't be struggling so badly for money.

Natalie

I have had some incredible teachers who come to the classroom with a plethera of real world experience, which they are able to pass onto their students. Most, but not all, of my teachers have been supportive of me and my grueling work schedule and have been open to working with me and trying to make me as successful as possible. Most of my teachers have been very informative about the programs available at Metropolitan State and have been able to answer many of my questions.

I think Metropolitan State offers a wide variety of programs and try to make them accomodating to both those attending during the day and those attneding at night. They have a strong focus on Acedemics and getting as much as you can out of your college experience. The encourage students to apply what they have learned in class to their every day lives and can have been supportive in being a flexible learning environment.

glenn

I would tell myself to continue and finish and what ever cost, because it is so much harder to return as an older student. I would also tell myself to enjoy the journey as well as studying and doing my best.

I am a returning older student and have found this school feels right for the older student. I am able to connect with the student who is taking the night classes after work as i am also doing. Because of the majority of students trying to complete their degree while working enables me to fell this is right for me.

Luke

Hey Luke, you may think that this is silly but listen. Learn as much as you can about the career you're interested in. Ask as many questions as possible, and participate in as many extracurricular activites as possible. Go to class, and make sure that you and your academic advisor are on the same page. Most of all listen to yourself, don't let others talk you into or out of something that you know you can or can't do. You may be distracted by potential relationships, but don't let them distract you so much that your studies begin to suffer. You're a smart person, and don't let others think they know more than you, remember they're new that this college thing too. One more thing, explore yourself in the arts more, people actually think you're funny and you can make them laugh. Good luck, and if you're ever in a tight spot remember mom, and dad will always be there for you.

Text book rental would've been nice, pay a flat rate for your books and if you damage them then you pay for them.

It's geared more for adult learners, and people who work.

Metropolitan State University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.