Miami University-Oxford Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for Miami University-Oxford

Lily

I love Miami University-Oxford. Before visiting, it was on my list of colleges I was interested in, but once I took a tour and saw the beautiful campus, I knew I was home. I found a good group of friends pretty quickly, and there's always something to do if you're bored. I love going Uptown with my friends, especially the farmers market every Saturday morning, or the restaurants and bars on the weekends. Greek Life is a huge part of Miami's culture, but not everyone is Greek, and there's always a nice face and a smile everywhere you go.

Hilary

It is a very affordable Master's program that offers flexibility for busy working professionals. What I love most about this online program is that my class projects are driven by my unique interests. Being part of this program is very exciting, I am learning so much and I am getting so much inspiration from my peers.

Sami

The Miami Oxford Campus is very nice and the people there are very nice also. The teachers there are really nice and will answer your emails and are very open to when their office hours take place. There are a lot of areas on campus to study and the restaurants and stores around there are numerous and yummy.

Carolyn

I love it.

Bailey

Fall 2020 is going to be my first actual semester at MU-Oxford. So far, things have gone okay except I've had a little trouble over the Summer to get documents taken care of but other than that, it's okay. I wish the classes had better scheduling times though. I almost had a nervous breakdown during registration because times weren't fitting right and nothing was going as planned.

Stephen

Its a great university i like the way the facility program is arranged also how the out look of the school is brilliant

My opinion of Miami University-Oxford is that it is one of the best colleges in the United States of America. There are numerous opportunities and they all lead to bright futures. The people are friendly and the professors really care about your education and even your personal life. They care about how you're doing, in other words. I wouldn't choose anywhere else to get my degree in zoology and to co-major in pre-veterinary medicine. It was my first choice and it always has been!

Kate

The ideal college experience

Natalia

It is a small university but it offers as many opportunities as a big university. There are hundreds or events and organizations to join, there is something for everyone. There isn't too much to do off campus unless you are able to drive to a bigger city.

Josh

Miami is a great place to spend four years learning, making friends, partying, and staying up late watching Netflix. While we may be a bit out of the way in Oxford, the campus community dominates the town and the college is the life blood of the city. You can't attend a "public ivy" for as little cost and with as much fun anywhere else, where academics are top notch, professors are here for the undergraduates, and faculty and staff are always ready and willing to help. I couldn't imagine having made a better decision on where to spend such important years of my life.

When I first walked on campus my junior year of high school I felt drawn to this school. Since then, I've never looked back. My professors make learning fun and interesting, and the class size isn't too big or too small. My experience while living on campus was great, but I find living off campus gives me more freedom. Because of Miami I've grown as a person and found my best friends!

Austin

Miami is your stereotypical rich , white party school. As a POC Miami can be really draining because the campus is not diverse in which the campus is 80% white. Miami has a strong republican presence so that was something to get used to in regards to me being very liberal. However with those cons being stated the academics at Miami are stellar , the professors are very supportive if you show the effort in class or if you at least participate. Miami has lots of opportunities for undergraduate research which is a plus when applying for grad schools. A big plus for me is Miami's commitment to study abroad. Miami does a great job with helping students find the right study abroad program no matter your financial background.

Cortney

Personally, I love Miami. I am very happy with my choice in coming to Miami. The best thing about Miami is the academics. I love all my professors that I have ever had here. All of them have gone out of their way to help me when I went to office hours and they all have known my name but one. I also enjoy the company of the many students here. Everyone here has a passion and it brightens their personality. The smell of success is just everywhere!

Sydney

I think that Miami University is overall a great college experience. The residence halls are all pretty much nice and new so no problem there. The food is better than what you'd expect out of college food. There's always something going on whether it's partying or hanging out with friends or participating in some free event on campus!

Daniel

Since my first visit, I knew this was the place for me! I was provided a tour of the chemistry department by a chemistry professor. He was more than happy to answer my questions and point out advantages that Miami offers over other college chemistry departments. During a chemistry department open house, my parents were also provided with several opportunities to speak with chemistry professors and the department chair. I love being here!

JuLeAnn

It’s a great school and I can’t wait to become a student here. The environment here is the best. I feel like I’m right at home, I am the type of person who doesn’t like to far from but looking at this campus and seeing how they do things there is just amazing. Everyone is super friendly and very helpful.

Alyssa

After having been a student at Miami for an entire semester now, I can say that I made the right decision in attending. It has a beautiful campus with amazing staff who care about your well-being and want you to succeed. There are a few drawbacks for me involving food quality and housing quality, but it is an otherwise great school.

Grant

I believe Miami University is a wonderful college that has something to offer for everyone. I like Miami because of its excellent academic reputation as well as its less competitive and very friendly campus. Overall Miami University is the education of an Ivy league school with excellent tuition and supportive faculty and fellow students.

Haylie

In my opinion, you have to be of a certain status in order to feel comfortable going to Miami. As long as you are wealthy and plan on joining a sorority or fraternity, you'll fit right in. Miami acts like it is inclusive but really they put up signs and hold events to prevent lawsuits from happening because they have before. There's not much to do here because it is in the middle of nowhere and people go out and party all the time. If that is what you want from a college, then Miami is the place for you.

Shelby

Attending Miami University is one of the best decisions that I have made. The environment is extremely welcoming and inviting, you just have to get in with the right people! There are plenty of people to meet and a wide variety of activities and organization to participate in. The community really embraces the Code of Love and Honor!

Mike

I love it at Miami. The education I've received thus far has been encompassing and challenging. The only real complaints I would have are that there isn't much to do outside of the bar scene and I kind of want a bigger city feel. Overall though, I can't complain about Miami. It's a great school and I'm very happy here.

Miami offers many opportunities for any kind of interest. If there isn't something, then don't hesitate to start something. Miami does really well with offering social events. There are plenty of opportunities to party and live it up at the same time. The campus is jaw-droppingly gorgeous. The inside characteristics are just as beautiful as the outside! The academics are competitive here, but not kill-yourself worthy, although the physics department may make you have those moments! It's overall a great place to learn to spread your wings!

Erin

I love Miami University! It has been a welcoming and wonderful experience as a transfer student. There are plenty of ways to get involved and there is never a shortage of activities to do on and off campus. I can spend the night uptown with friends or meet on campus during any of the Late Night Miami events. Meeting people has been an experience, as there are many ways to get involved it's all about finding a group you like and figuring out school work. I hope all the incoming Miami freshman have a great first year.

josie

I enjoy the intellectual atmosphere of Miami and the general rigor in all of my classes. The campus is gorgeous and I love the arts programs that are available to students. There is not a big sports following here, and that is disappointing for me, however, watching sports is not the reason anyone goes to college.

Danielle

The perfect sized school with classes of all majors and skill level to fit your needs. Greek life and bars every day are a pretty big part of the culture but you can find people who don't live like that. The campus is gorgeous but there isn't much of a town surrounding it. It's all bars and a few other stores on one street.

Chase

I believe Miami to be a very esteemed university. In general, I find the academics to be of the highest caliber and it's the reason I've decided to stay here at Miami. Overall the university seems to have a big problem with diversity, representation especially in the areas of race/ethnicity and gender/sexual identification.

Celeste

I absolutely love my school. There are so many more resources available to you than you even realize. The academics are great. The social scene is great. There are always things going on and hundreds of different clubs to join. There is truly something for everybody here at Miami.

Ally

It is a beautiful campus with lots of life happening everywhere every night. There is plenty to get involved with and plenty of people to meet. The advisers and professors are really great at their jobs and passionate about what they do. It is a very safe campus with plenty of light and comfort and most of the buildings are new or have been renovated and are very nice.

Bailey

Miami University is a wonderful college. As a returning Sophomore I really love this place, it feels more like home than my hometown does at this point. The only negative I have to say about Miami is that they changed meal plans this school year to encourage students to take advantage of buffet halls. While that came from a good place, it has crated a negative impact on the dining experience. Buffet halls are now consistently crowded. However, even with increased business they have managed to maintain their great quality and variety of food!

Richard

The engineering program is horrible. Some of the instructors seem to enjoy handing our D's and F's by giving exams that are unreasonably hard. The ethinic instructors are hard to understand and favor students that are not white caucasion males. The drinking and drug scene is out of control. The student body is the privileged upper class. It is not uncommon to be physically assaulted in the night club for no reason.

Overall, I really enjoy attending Miami. It is full of great people to hang out with and great professors. The food is pretty decent and there are plenty of housing options so you can always find somewhere you like. Whether you are a party goer or not there are plenty of things to do on and off campus.

Taya

Miami is a really great school and is filled to the brim with lots of different folks. The professors are really passionate about the subjects they teach and care deeply about the well being of their students. The students are all really friendly and do a good job of looking out for one another. The campus is breath taking, incredibly clean and also incredibly safe. It's a very nice school with a very close community of faculty and students.

Piper

I have enjoyed my time at Miami so far! It has been a place where I have met many people I know will be life long friends of mine and have made connections I couldn’t otherwise imagine! I have enjoyed my classes and professors so far, especially those in my major. I feel like the courseload is what I wanted—rigorous, but purposeful—and my professors care about my wellbeing. I cannot wait for spring semester and join more extracurriculars and further my involvement with my major! If I could change anything about Miami, it would be for more things to do around Oxford. It’s quite a quaint college town, but it can become a bit boring if you don’t have a car and aren’t into the bar and club scene. I would love for there to be a local movie theater and more local shops to be at. Other than that, I couldn’t be happier to be spending my time at Miami!

Aimee

Miami U offers high quality education at an affordable price - a rare combination! The program I'm completing gives me the chance to work while furthering my education for the next step up the ladder. New classes, new environment, and everything in between can be daunting - but I feel like through Miami U I have the chance to conquer it all.

Amarah

Miami University-Oxford is a beautiful campus with plenty to do if you get out and get involved. It could be a bit more diverse but the campus does well integrating multiple cultures when having activities and speakers and just casual things to do. The professors are easily accessible by either or appointment or during office hours and they are not as bad as high school teachers make them seem.

Brianna

"To think in such a place I lead such a life"- Robert Frost. This embodies the culture of Miami University perfectly. In my first year at Miami I have already observed myself grow and lead a larger life than before college. Going to class for the first time gave me a sense of what my academic career would hold- intelligent students surrounding me. Miami is full of bright and intelligent students who are passionate about their studies. There are always intellectual conversations occurring both inside and outside of the classrooms, always a friend to laugh with, and always a shoulder to cry on. Miami University promotes a student- driven environment dedicated to making students feel at home as well as push them to the best of their abilities. Miami is a wonderful school that lives up to its public ivy reputation. Love and honor to Miami.

Jeannine

It is an amazing school but it does have a mold. You are either completely obsessed with the school or transfer. It sets you up for amazing networking in life and you can make an impact on campus and you can be involved with everything. Almost all of my friends already have jobs lined up for after college and we haven't even graduated yet.

Carrie

I love Miami University. I have really enjoyed my time here so far. The campus is beautiful and the academics are terrific. There are also numerous extra activities and clubs. I am on the dance theater team and also in a sorority. I have lived on campus for two years and the housing and food options are above standards. I woul drecommend this beautiful school to all.

While the dining halls don't have the best food and the off campus party scene bleeds into a lesser than perfectly safe campus, the academics and student life are amazing. Miami is generally a great school and I feel like I'm getting the college education that I'm paying for.

Claire

Love it. Classes are incredible but Oxford can seem a little small at times. Teachers and students are always looking to help each other out. It truly is a college town and a great campus environment. Couldn't have asked for a better place to come to school.

Hazel

It's an awesome school that really encourages you to get grades and go the extra mile. Each student is very dedicated to their study, which makes it easy to want to learn and get good grades. It pushes you to live up to the expectation. There are so many awesome internships and jobs available. Miami has a great connection with their alumni, which support us continuously!

Allison

I have had a great experience at Miami University. It is the perfect size and the campus is beautiful. It has very strong academics and a variety of things to get involved in. The location of Oxford is a wonderful college town and just a short walk from the campus.

Shelby

Miami University is great! I have attended all campuses and I must say even the region campuses are awesome! I have met some great friends and some of the most wonderful teachers. I am currently mostly a regional student and I get school at a great price for attending the regional campuses. Each year at Miami keeps getting better and better. Safe to say, when I graduate, the school will have a major impact on me and my career by getting me reading for my future!

Macarena

Miami is a breathtakingly beautiful campus that will steal your heart the moment you step foot on campus. From the beautiful brick buildings to the ever-changing leaf colors during the fall, it is one of the most scenic and gorgeous campuses I have ever seen. On top of that, the professors are always available to help struggling students get a handle on their college academic lives. The social scene is fantastic for all personalities. Finally, the people are one of the most loving and welcoming you will ever meet. I found my place and home on this campus the moment I moved in.

Brookelyn

I am a current freshman at Miami University. I haven't been here long but I absolutely love it! It has a reputation of being very preppy be the people here are truly amazing. I easily made friends on the first day. There are over 400 student organizations that make a point to reach out to freshman, so it's super easy to get involved!

Gissel

Some people are great others not so much. Same goes for the teachers. You could get really good teachers or ones that are not so great. Not much to do on the weekends besides drink and go to bars. Offers plenty of extracurriculars to get involved with. The campus is very beautiful.

Tucked between the corn fields and beautiful Hueston Woods State Park lies one of the oldest schools in the Midwest - Miami University. With reputable faculty who are engaged in their professions and academia, you can't go wrong building relationships with your educators. Oxford provides the ideal college bubble for stereotypical experience but the school itself pushes a global education. With 50% of students participating in study abroad experiences, you are left with a highly interdisciplinary environment upon the students' returns. Overall, a great college and a worthy investment in your future.

Miami offers students a beautiful campus full of resources that allow students to reach their fullest potential in and outside of the classroom. I have visited Miami numerous times and have attended a summer camp for synchronized ice skating for 4 years now and have never been disappointed with my experience.

Brooke

I love it. I love the classes, my professors, etc. it's a beautiful campus and I've really enjoyed my time here. I've gotten so many opportunities and feel like I've really gotten to know myself and what I want to do with my life. I plan to come back for graduate school.

Tejumola

I love this school, but it does seem to spend money in frivolous ways sometimes. The spending seems to be for aesthetic purposes rather than functional purposes. For example, Miami spends a lot of money on making the campus pretty, which we all appreciate, but Miami also doesn't pay housing costs for their resident assistants the way nearly every other institution does. We also like to speak a lot about diversity and inclusion, and there are a lot of student groups and events that promote this, but the school itself doesn't seem to place a lot of importance on this. For example, Miami only recruits in upper-class high schools that are predominately white, which attracts mainly white students. Many schools are guilty of this, and Miami is no exception. If we truly cared about diversity, we'd make an effort to recruit in places with different types of people.