Perkinston, MS
Mississippi Gulf Coast Community College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Mississippi Gulf Coast Community College

Madison

MGCCC has multiple campuses. Some offer more classes than other, but they are all close by. It is affordable. I enjoy MGCCC and everyone in it. It is a nice environment to be at, and all of the professors are helpful. I would recommend attending this college to anyone and everyone.

Aysea

MGCCC is a decent school for students who would like to take a two-year route for college. The campus is somewhat outdated but the Out Door Recreational learning facility is nice. Students are taught in relatively small classes which offers a more personal level of education. For the cost of tuition the school is a very good deal.

Robin

MGCCC is a great college to attend. They have a good student body that cares when one of it's own is lost. The teachers are available when needed and offer to help the students if they need it. The Grill and The Cafe are a great alternative if you don't want what the cafeteria has to offer. They offer child care for 6 weeks to 5 years for students. Overall, it is a great community college.

Shirletha

Mississippi Gulf Coast Community College has six campuses, and I have attended two of those six, but I have visited four of those six campuses. Each campus has their own unique style and vibe. Regardless of that, all of the campuses that i have experienced are well-kept, beautiful, peaceful, and fun. Mississippi Gulf Coast Community College goes above and beyond for their students in the classroom and with extracurricular activities. It is a fun school to attend, and I am glad to become an alumni for it in the future.

Joseph

My classmates are pretty much regular people trying to get an education, but unfortunately have the tendency to be self-absorbed and obstinate.

I would most likely tell myself not to get hung up on getting people to like you or accept you. I would tell myself, "You have something great that most people don't have and you shouldn't squander it away just because society treats you different."

I think the best thing about my school is its overwhelming ability to provide educational services to disadvantaged people. This is important because poor people deserve the chance to go to college and get an education.

James

My college campus is quaint, but has a multitude of opportunities for learning with large building for the science and nursing departments of the school.

There is a lot of things that I would tell my high school self. The first thing I would tell myself would be to retake Pre-Calculus and look into dual enrollment and taking Calculus I while in my senior year in high school. I would also tell myself to try a little bit harder in my Freshman and Sophomore years; do not settle for C's in classes that are harder. Another bit of advise I would give myself would be to take advantage of the AP classes available and take harder and more advanced courses. Those courses would help me later in life when I'm attending college.

What I brag about most about my school is of the Honors program and Phi Thetta Kappa.

mostly the younger age group and a lot of teens just out of high school trying to find themselves

a wide range of people there are the young and then the one who are going back to further their education, so there is not any one type of student that is a whole a lot but there is mostly the younger age group because there is not a whole lot of people say in their 50s and up

they are great, we have art, drama, and a wide range of things for people to learn

Ashly

My school is best known in South Mississippi for a starter school. Many students start here for a year and transfer, because they give away scholarships easily and it is a cheaper school.

I would tell my high school self to put more effort into education, not socialization. In your senior year, everyone thinks that college is just a chance to be an adult and be free. It is, partially, but what you do in college will follow you for the rest of your life. I tell seniors in high school this all the time: there is a balance between fun and school, you need to find it. Partying all night is ok, as long as you pass that history exam you have on Monday. That is the key to having balance in college. If you start in high school, the transition becomes easier.

The worst thing at my school, in my opinon, is all of the students who attend it and believe it will be as easy as high school. It is easy to fail, and when you do, the teachers just move on. They typically do not help students unless their students help them, which is justifiable.

Holly

Attending Mississippi Gulf Coast Community college has been a great experience for me!

I would tell myself to take the ACT multiple times, apply for as many scholarships and grants as possible, and do not give up on your dream of becoming a nurse.

The worst thing about Mississippi Gulf Coast Community College is the lack of assistance the financial aid office has given in finding scholarships.

Phylicia

I wished I would have realized that life isn't about partying first-it's about accomplishing your dreams/goals and what makes you better as a person.

I would tell myself to get ready for the real world and make the best decisions you can make in life. Learn that anything worth having is worth fighting for. Also that when times get hard, that's the best time to appreciate yourself as a person and work through those problems to become a better person.

My classmates in class are very helpful. We are all there to help each other and to succeed in life.

Mississippi Gulf Coast Community College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.