Mississippi Gulf Coast Community College Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for Mississippi Gulf Coast Community College

Sophia

It is a great community college! I started here, and I have no regrets about it! They have a wonderful staff, great outdoors activities, and it really connected me with my community. I have met many students like me who could not go to a university immediately, and they seem to enjoy it here too. It allowed me to work and go to school and prepare for the university life!

Madison

MGCCC has multiple campuses. Some offer more classes than other, but they are all close by. It is affordable. I enjoy MGCCC and everyone in it. It is a nice environment to be at, and all of the professors are helpful. I would recommend attending this college to anyone and everyone.

Shirletha

Mississippi Gulf Coast Community College has six campuses, and I have attended two of those six, but I have visited four of those six campuses. Each campus has their own unique style and vibe. Regardless of that, all of the campuses that i have experienced are well-kept, beautiful, peaceful, and fun. Mississippi Gulf Coast Community College goes above and beyond for their students in the classroom and with extracurricular activities. It is a fun school to attend, and I am glad to become an alumni for it in the future.

Diamond

This a great school to start off with if your unsure of what you like to major in. Its affordable, staff is friendly and helpful, numerous extracurricular events and options and they offer many programs not just for current students but for other people within the community who would like to complete their Ged or transition and receive certification for their current job. The opportunities are endless here.

Mississippi Gulf Coast Community College may seem small, but the students and faculty here are bigger than ever. The faculty take time out of their day to make sure what they are communicating directly to the needs of the students. Although there is definitely a lack of extracurricular activities, there are many groups and clubs to join, as well as many scholarship opportunities. I have ultimately enjoyed my time here and only wish I had a reason to stay longer. I always knew going to MGCCC was a goal, but it really made me feel at home and has definitely prepared me in more ways than I can count for university.

Adrianna

It was a good school in the beginning, but their communication skills were awful. The faculty would tell me one thing and then I would receive repercussions because they told me the wrong things. This continued through a full year of my education. When I attempted to ask an office faculty they would tell me there is nothing they can do and I would have to deal with the problem myself with no help from them.

Robin

MGCCC is a great college to attend. They have a good student body that cares when one of it's own is lost. The teachers are available when needed and offer to help the students if they need it. The Grill and The Cafe are a great alternative if you don't want what the cafeteria has to offer. They offer child care for 6 weeks to 5 years for students. Overall, it is a great community college.

Patricia

I love MGCCC more than I can say. It is an amazing opportunity especially for those students that are not ready for a full-size university, either mentally or financially. Going to MGCCC is likely the best thing that could have happened to my life and my education. I would highly recommend attending this particular college to anyone considering furthering his or her education.

Brianna

Mississippi Gulf Coast is a wonderful school. The only thing I dislike about this school is that you have to be placed on a waiting list for the nursing program,or score high to be chosen. This can be a huge inconvenience for students who are mainly interested in this field and can’t go to colleges in other cities because it’s to far.

Christy

I think it's a great school with awesome opportunities all over the Mississippi Gulf Coast. The campus I am attending is adjacent to a small community. I don't feel outside influences that bigger cities might impose. There are many academic paths to follow. The Perkinston campus offers housing, meals, tutoring, and activities to be involved in.

Britney

I absolutely love this college and everyone here. The instructors are always available no matter what day or time it is. Everyone is friendly and willing to help no matter what the need is. All the campuses are in great locations with great security to help make sure everyone is safe at all hours.

I enjoyed my experience there. The housing was affordable, the food was decent. I felt safe and had a fun time. there was never a dull or boring moment. When i needed to concentrate and study there were quiet areas to do so. I very much would recommend this community college to anyone on or even away from the gulf coast.

John

The counsellors can be helpful if there is an issue but in regard to advising on pathways toward your goal, they don't help much. There are a few campuses on the coast which were helpful since the university was 1.5 hours away by car. They offer the core classes needed at an affordable price. There was a cafe if you were really hungry. Some events were held on campus or nearby, the beach is across the street from one of the campuses. There are really much in terms of clubs and involvement. The teachers are nice and some really want you to do well and are willing to spend some extra time with you if you are having trouble.

pidge

So once i wasnt really sure if i was going to attend college, community college, or no college at all. So while staying a summer at my grandparents, we decided to go and visit the nearby campus' to see if i was interested in any of them and MGCCC seemed like the one for me!

This is a great school to go to right after high school. It is very easy to get adapted to. I never have any problems. The class sizes are great. The teachers are always available. There are many programs to chose from which is why I chose Gulf Coast.

Carissa

It is a great 2 year college, possibly the best in Mississippi. This college has many tools to help guide each student to a successful future. I enjoyed the student life because I was involved in Campus Activities Board which puts on all the events at the college. The professors were mostly all fantastic, and the extra available help is amazing.

Camron

I believe that this is an amazingn place for any student to start their college career! I believe in starting small and working one's way up to the bigger challenges making sure that ine is ready to be successful in their student life, in turn making them more successful in their future careers.

Morgan

MGCCC was the best choice for a community college I could've made coming right out of high school. The faculty and staff at Mississippi Gulf Coast Community College is phenomenal and are always there to help. The academic programs are fantastic, and there are so many clubs and organizations offered to join.

Laurel

Mississippi Gulf Coast Community College is the best community college in the state. It is affordable, the athletics are amazing, and the instructors are always willing to help. The faculty work hard to make it the best experience possible for everyone.

Anthony

I think the school is really good for a community college . The school is pretty clean and fairly large. They keep maps by the student services just in case you lose yours. They also give you a folder with a map on the back of it. The teachers are really good and look like they are here to do their job.

Rickardo

The school is okay, if you don't mind being a lonely man. I'm not saying I'm lonely, I just a lot of lonely loners. They walk around and stare at the ground hoping no one speaks to them, it makes you quite uncomfortable. The campus has a small gym which is probably one of campus's best feature.

Aysea

MGCCC is a decent school for students who would like to take a two-year route for college. The campus is somewhat outdated but the Out Door Recreational learning facility is nice. Students are taught in relatively small classes which offers a more personal level of education. For the cost of tuition the school is a very good deal.

Destiny

Originally I hated the idea of having to go to a community college but now I find it to be one of the best decisions I could have made for myself. Not only were the classes easier to handle but it was an easier transitional experience from high school to college. So I recommend MGCCC for anyone who wants to go to college for the college experience but doesn't want to go off to far or not have the money to go off yet.

Mark

I have overall enjoyed attending Mississippi Gulf Coast Community College. All of the campuses are very helpful, the instructors are persistent and are great, and attending classes are convenient for me. The school always has a great atmosphere every time I step foot on campus. The school is very involved in the local community in which they are located.

Amber

This school is wonderful. The academics are challenging, yet attainable. It pushes you to do your best and want to expand your knowledge on all topics. This was a wonderful school to attend with plans to transfer to a university. It prepared me by teaching me study habits and ways to use the amenities on campus, all while having an at home feel.

Kaitlyn

Mississippi Gulf Coast Community College Perkinston campus makes sure that every student that visits and attends the college are treated fairly and given every opportunity to succeed. The hours of the offices are convenient for a full time student with a full time job. The Learning Resource Center is the best place on campus since it has two computer labs, a printing machine, and a cafe. This college makes every student feel welcome, and ensures that they finish with confidence.

Xenia

I would highly recommend Mississippi Gulf Coast Community College for any and all incoming Freshman solely for the fact that they can easily become members of Phi Theta Kappa. Students can also become quite the social butterflies if they’d like, but it’s not necessary.

Chloe

All of the teachers I have had are very nice and really good at their jobs. Most of the teachers clearly love what they do. The students seem nice and to be focused on school primarily. MGCCC has many clubs and organizations offered to the students and it is always encouraged to join some. The class sizes are overall small; the biggest I have been in was maybe around 30. I don't know much about our athletics or housing because I don't hear much of either.

Kohnor

Mississippi Gulf Coast Community College is an amazing choice for a junior college! The faculty is amazing and very nice! The class sizes are small so it is perfect for transitioning from high school to college life. The campus is not too large but be careful you still may get lost if you are a new student!

Jeremiah

I love the school. I met my life-long friends and the love of my life here. We are all transferring to Mississippi State University, but we will always remember the years we spent here. There are people who drink and smoke, but that happens everywhere. We do not partake.

Kassandra

My overall opinion of Mississippi Gulf Coast Community College is that they work hard to help students and achieve their goals. The professors offer help all the time, even if you are not in their class. The learning lab helps many students in their work. The students and staff are very friendly and helpful.

Kelsi

I think that Mississippi Gulf Coast Community College is going to be a great fit for me. I love the campus and my future coaches. I’m going off a basketball scholarship and i can’t wait to live on campus and develop new friendships with classmates and teammates!

Lillian

Being a community college does not stop MGCCC from being an amazing campus with wonderful staff, students, and student activities. The campus is always beautifully landscaped, sports and art are equally recognized, and they offer a broad range of courses. The student body and staff are both very diverse and friendly. I am very proud to be a Bulldog!

Alexander

Gulf Community Collage is a great place to start if you can not go to a larger collage or if you are not sure and want to take some classes near where you live. The school has a lot of programs to get you on your feet and into a state school of your choice. The biggest problem is that it does not really have the normal collage atmosphere, you can get involved but so few people are that you are going to see the same fifty or so kids do everything. One reason for that is that it is a commuting campus and it is built to funnel off into many different types of schools. If you don't know what your next step should be, its a good cheap place to start, but if you think you know what you want to do, try to find a school that specializes in it first because it will have a more focused atmosphere for what you are looking for.