Perkinston, MS
Mississippi Gulf Coast Community College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Mississippi Gulf Coast Community College

Joseph

My classmates are pretty much regular people trying to get an education, but unfortunately have the tendency to be self-absorbed and obstinate.

I would most likely tell myself not to get hung up on getting people to like you or accept you. I would tell myself, "You have something great that most people don't have and you shouldn't squander it away just because society treats you different."

I think the best thing about my school is its overwhelming ability to provide educational services to disadvantaged people. This is important because poor people deserve the chance to go to college and get an education.

James

My college campus is quaint, but has a multitude of opportunities for learning with large building for the science and nursing departments of the school.

There is a lot of things that I would tell my high school self. The first thing I would tell myself would be to retake Pre-Calculus and look into dual enrollment and taking Calculus I while in my senior year in high school. I would also tell myself to try a little bit harder in my Freshman and Sophomore years; do not settle for C's in classes that are harder. Another bit of advise I would give myself would be to take advantage of the AP classes available and take harder and more advanced courses. Those courses would help me later in life when I'm attending college.

What I brag about most about my school is of the Honors program and Phi Thetta Kappa.

mostly the younger age group and a lot of teens just out of high school trying to find themselves

a wide range of people there are the young and then the one who are going back to further their education, so there is not any one type of student that is a whole a lot but there is mostly the younger age group because there is not a whole lot of people say in their 50s and up

they are great, we have art, drama, and a wide range of things for people to learn

Ashly

My school is best known in South Mississippi for a starter school. Many students start here for a year and transfer, because they give away scholarships easily and it is a cheaper school.

I would tell my high school self to put more effort into education, not socialization. In your senior year, everyone thinks that college is just a chance to be an adult and be free. It is, partially, but what you do in college will follow you for the rest of your life. I tell seniors in high school this all the time: there is a balance between fun and school, you need to find it. Partying all night is ok, as long as you pass that history exam you have on Monday. That is the key to having balance in college. If you start in high school, the transition becomes easier.

The worst thing at my school, in my opinon, is all of the students who attend it and believe it will be as easy as high school. It is easy to fail, and when you do, the teachers just move on. They typically do not help students unless their students help them, which is justifiable.

Holly

Attending Mississippi Gulf Coast Community college has been a great experience for me!

I would tell myself to take the ACT multiple times, apply for as many scholarships and grants as possible, and do not give up on your dream of becoming a nurse.

The worst thing about Mississippi Gulf Coast Community College is the lack of assistance the financial aid office has given in finding scholarships.

Phylicia

My classmates in class are very helpful. We are all there to help each other and to succeed in life.

I would tell myself to get ready for the real world and make the best decisions you can make in life. Learn that anything worth having is worth fighting for. Also that when times get hard, that's the best time to appreciate yourself as a person and work through those problems to become a better person.

I wished I would have realized that life isn't about partying first-it's about accomplishing your dreams/goals and what makes you better as a person.

The first thing I might tell myself, is to have confidence in myself. I would tell myself how easy college is going and how much I am loving my classes. I would let myself know that I am capable of making honors classes and achieving a 4.0 GPA and to shoot for the stars! College is not as scary as I thought. I would also tell myself to be bold and go get the things I want to have out of life. Life is great and worth putting forth the extra effort to go above and beyond my comfort zone!

Brian

Mississippi Gulf Coast Community College is a friendly school, but too close to home.

If i could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior, I would tell myself to look into the scholarships better. I would also tell myself to try out at the colleges that I had the chances to try out for. Another thing i would tell myself is to broaden my search, go outside the state and choose something different. If i didn't slack back then, I would have gone of to somewhere big, so i would love to tell myself to actually put forth the effort to make something better of my life. If i could go back, my present would be different and i would be recieving a better education at a university.

The best part about my college is that I'm still at home and can work.

Henry

I would tell myself not to give up on hard classes. College has taught me that presistence and deadication alon is the only way to achieve the classes that I take. I wish I had taken harder than normal classes in high school in order to prepare for my college classes. High school students are sometimes intemidated by classes that are socially deamed hard and therefore do not take them. Take at least one hard math like Trig that way depending on what classes you take in college you would have an edge on what the class is all about.

I tell my friends that Gulf Coast has the best teachers and really good classes. Its a place where the students have rights and choices in education and if you need help they offer alot of extra services including a learning lab deadicated to helping students with there classes.

With the high influx of college students it is my beliefe that most students attending Gulf Coast are faced with waiting in longs lines for books, financial aid, and scheduals. The campus trys to help with this problem by increasing there staff and extending their hours, but it is not enough.

Cherrie

I attend MGCCC -Jackson County Campus in Gautier, MS. This school is best known for it's flexible scheduling for working students, with or without children.

I wish for this opportunity every day. If i could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school, I would tell myself to start off at my current community college instead of starting off at an university. I made the mistake, as a high school senior, to attend the University of Southern Mississippi my freshman year of college. I ended up transferring down to a community college at the end of the fall semester. If I could go back, I would push myself to applying for more scholarships. There's plenty of free money out there, I doubted myself as a senior that I would not be rewarded for those scholarships. Now I know it doesn't hurt to try. If I had the chance, I would've started off at a community college, applied for more scholarships, and saved a bunch of money.

Any student who isn't sure of what to major in, should go to this school because it can help guide you in the direction of your future career. It is much cheaper to go here, instead of an university. This is a great alternative for students who have to pay for their own education, like me.

Mississippi Gulf Coast Community College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.