Perkinston, MS
Mississippi Gulf Coast Community College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Mississippi Gulf Coast Community College

The first thing I might tell myself, is to have confidence in myself. I would tell myself how easy college is going and how much I am loving my classes. I would let myself know that I am capable of making honors classes and achieving a 4.0 GPA and to shoot for the stars! College is not as scary as I thought. I would also tell myself to be bold and go get the things I want to have out of life. Life is great and worth putting forth the extra effort to go above and beyond my comfort zone!

Brian

Mississippi Gulf Coast Community College is a friendly school, but too close to home.

If i could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior, I would tell myself to look into the scholarships better. I would also tell myself to try out at the colleges that I had the chances to try out for. Another thing i would tell myself is to broaden my search, go outside the state and choose something different. If i didn't slack back then, I would have gone of to somewhere big, so i would love to tell myself to actually put forth the effort to make something better of my life. If i could go back, my present would be different and i would be recieving a better education at a university.

The best part about my college is that I'm still at home and can work.

Henry

I tell my friends that Gulf Coast has the best teachers and really good classes. Its a place where the students have rights and choices in education and if you need help they offer alot of extra services including a learning lab deadicated to helping students with there classes.

I would tell myself not to give up on hard classes. College has taught me that presistence and deadication alon is the only way to achieve the classes that I take. I wish I had taken harder than normal classes in high school in order to prepare for my college classes. High school students are sometimes intemidated by classes that are socially deamed hard and therefore do not take them. Take at least one hard math like Trig that way depending on what classes you take in college you would have an edge on what the class is all about.

With the high influx of college students it is my beliefe that most students attending Gulf Coast are faced with waiting in longs lines for books, financial aid, and scheduals. The campus trys to help with this problem by increasing there staff and extending their hours, but it is not enough.

Cherrie

I attend MGCCC -Jackson County Campus in Gautier, MS. This school is best known for it's flexible scheduling for working students, with or without children.

I wish for this opportunity every day. If i could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school, I would tell myself to start off at my current community college instead of starting off at an university. I made the mistake, as a high school senior, to attend the University of Southern Mississippi my freshman year of college. I ended up transferring down to a community college at the end of the fall semester. If I could go back, I would push myself to applying for more scholarships. There's plenty of free money out there, I doubted myself as a senior that I would not be rewarded for those scholarships. Now I know it doesn't hurt to try. If I had the chance, I would've started off at a community college, applied for more scholarships, and saved a bunch of money.

Any student who isn't sure of what to major in, should go to this school because it can help guide you in the direction of your future career. It is much cheaper to go here, instead of an university. This is a great alternative for students who have to pay for their own education, like me.

Casey

Our school is best known for the small, intimate class room settings which allow more one-on-one time with each student.

I never made it as a high school senior. After 10th grade I dropped out and got a job. Within the next 2 years after that however, I went back to school and got my GED. If I could go back in time, I would tell myself not to give up. That the things that seem so important and worth quitting over then will soon pass. I would tell myself that nothing is worth losing my education for. I would explain that one day I am going to apire to become a doctor and it will be hard but to not give up that I can make it. I would tell myself that it's okay to believe in myself because the limits I thought I had are in reality so much further and in fact I will never even realize just how far my limits reach. Last but not least, I would tell myself not to be so nervous on that first day... come to find out, people are nicer than you might realize. :)

I tell my friends how the teachers at MGCCC are so friendly the majority of the time. It really makes a difference to be able to go to someone who cares about you and your goals.

Johnathan

If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior, I would tell myself to make the best grades possible while you have the chance. I would also tell myself to get ready to have a very enjoyable education experience, because college is great. College is much more interesting and laid back. There are also many interesting students and professors to meet. I would tell myself that the transition from high school to college is very smooth. I would assure myself not to worry or be nervous because college will be one of the greatest experieces of my life.

People that want a good education, but do not have the money to go straight to a university right out of high school. As well as people that have not been in school for a while that want to get back in.

I brag to my friends that my school is much easier than a university, but that I am getting the same education that they are.

Garrett

I would have to advise myself not to worry. The particular community college I am attending is close enough to home to not greatly change my lifestyle. As far as the work in the different classes is concerned, I would tell myself to continue studying as long as it takes to learn the material, because there are fewer tests to determine the final grades. 'Talk to people,' I would say to myself. It's important to build close relationships with those in the same classes. They'll probably be the ones on whom to depend when classwork and lectures don't seem to make sense. Finally, I would tell myself to have fun. Conservative fun, of course. College isn't a big scary place to be feared, but a place where you learn what you want and participate in school activities that you find enjoyable.

The best thing about the school is the quality of education one can get at the price it's offered. One pays much less than a university fee and gets an equal education. This will be very helpful when it comes time to transfer.

I wish I would've known about the private instrument lesson classes for non-majors that is offered, and it would've been helpful to know more about the work study program. That REALLY helps when it comes to gas money.

Raquel

Perkinston, even for being a college, is a pretty fun and interesting campus with helpful staff.

If I could go back in time, I would definitely tell myself that it's good to be relaxed but not too relaxed. Definitely make sure to be on track and don't slack off because the years in college seem to go faster than the years in high school and every day is one step closer to being out in the real world. Also, another big advice I'd have to press on is to be CAREFUL with spending money. Looking on the outside, spending money doesn't seem to be a bad thing but as a college student, that money goes quick.

Worst thing about my school is that there aren't any vents in the bathrooms so mold can form pretty easily on the ceilings

Brennan

MGCCC is a friendly and affordable school.

MGCCC is a friendly and affordable school.

Well personaly speaking I would tell myself to get tested for the ADD disorder and not attend college till I was on medication. The transition is not difficult when you can focus on what you are trying to study. I would also tell myself that I should stay home and take my basics before trying to go off to school.

Those that do not want to succeed or get an education.

I would tell myself to take more classes relating to my major and also not let myself get frustrated at the little things that would cause me to get distracted from the overall outcome of school.

The thing I consider to be the worst about my school is the amount of money having to be spent on different areas such as the meal plan and the dorms. Last year, there was 2 meal plans to choose from (5-day and 7-day) which was convienent for everyone. This year, there is only the 7-day meal plan which is a waste of money for so many people. Also, all the female dorms (and maybe even the male dorms) are the same price and only the newer dorms have appliances provided.

While my school is small, there is rarely anything to do on campus and unless you have a vehicle to go somewhere there is nothing to do walking distance from the campus.

Mississippi Gulf Coast Community College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.