Missouri Western State University Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for Missouri Western State University

Marissa

Overall, it is a pretty good school. It’s not to big and not to small. The campus is a nice size and the buildings aren’t too far from each other, so you don’t have to do too much walking. Everyone knows everyone, even if it’s just your face. It’s a good school academically but it’s also a fun school to be at and enjoy your college experience.

Janie

MWSU is small enough to meet a lot of people and big enough to make new friends often. The professors and staff encourage and help you to succeed.

Octavia

My overall opinion on Missouri Western is that the school is a great place academically. Though I am an African American student, things are pretty different for me at a predominantly white institution (PWI). It is not hard to stay focus at all, but it is hard not sticking out amongst other classmates. Besides that, I believe since there is not a lot of off/on campus partying going on that Missouri Western State University is a great school to stay focused.

Christyan

I think Missouri Western is a great university full of many bright and amazing people. The staff is fantastic along with always doing their best to help the students when its needed. I believe that Missouri Western should be given more credit for being such a fine establishment.

Fiana

Extremely disappointed after attending one full year of living on campus. Inadequate advising, out dated dorms with broken furniture/appliances, never felt valued as a student just more money in MWSU accounts. Difficulty meeting/communicating with Advisor, she was always to busy with "I don't have time" body language. One problem after another with Dorm life. Took forever to actually get assigned a dorm (well after orientation), not available to view at orientation, then room and roommates switched THREE different times. Broken microwave, dangerous wobbly tables, and broken chairs is what our dorm was equipped with. Very limited Science classes and instructors with in the field experience. Lastly Greek Life is a joke. Extremely clique, promote no alcohol, and classy behavior, however reality is FAR from that! Luckily I have an older sibling attending another MO University and he advised me to stick to general ed classes that will most likely transfer. Can't transfer fast enough!

Kailynn

Missouri Western is the school for everybody. No matter the major your sure to fit in with everyone. The class sizes are medium and the professors are easy to approach. We are big on student activities, and join organizations should be the first thing you do.

Love it!

Erykah

I love it! They are very good academically. I would encourage any and everyone to attend this university. Missouri Western provides a safe and friendly campus that really values their students. I have grown so much during the duration of my time here. I would not have chosen any other university!

Dannie

As someone who attended a small college before transferring to Missouri Western, I really enjoy the size of the school. It's not too big and not too small. I have personally really enjoyed my professors as well as the general staff around campus. The job opportunities are a plenty and the work environments are good as well.

Missouri Western is an excellent choice for anyone that wants to attend. The campus is not that big, everyone is nice, and there are plenty of extracurricular activities to do around campus. There are over 100 clubs you can join and plenty of new people to meet.

Jospeph

Great place for students looking for a campus that feels like a small community within itself. There is always plenty of opportunities to participate in exiting events or groups on or off campus. Overall a awesome place for the student that feels unsure or anxious about coming to college!

Jonah

It's really good if you want to go to collage but do not have a lot of money for it. Plus if you are in to art like I am, then you would be pretty set with how big the art scene is, they have there very own building that holds student art work from previous years, and you have a chance for your work to be put in there too.

Mariah

It is a good school for what the area has to offer! The environment is good, but there are a few minor things they could fix to make it better. I live off campus, so the campus food isn't a huge deal for me. Though the few times I have ate on campus, it hasn't been the best. The town isn't the best place to live off campus, unless you're living at home. Rental houses and apartments are not in most college students budget.

Skyler

Missouri Western State University is a great institution that will give me the tools I need to be successful in my future. The lower tuition is a plus. The smaller campus is very convenient. Walking to a class across campus is not a big ordeal like it can be on other campuses.

Courtney

Programs are sometimes set up to maximize the money the university can collect from you. If you do not declare your major early, you may be stuck paying for additional programs. Also, if you don't score highly in certain ACT areas, you're stuck in developmental classes which are computer-based and a waste of time that you are forced to show up to for an hour when it could be done online at home.

Alex

I went to visit Missouri Western University. I was very impressed with everything the school has to offer. I like that the class sizes are small. I like that no alcohol is allowed on campus except at special events. The housing and dining hall were very nice. They also have a large fitness center. I like that they offered Army ROTC and the engineering degree that I wanted..The students and teachers were very friendly and were willing to take the time to answer any questions or concerns that I had, The cost to attend school there was more affordable , compared to others schools and what they could offer.

Quinlin

The university is a great place to study. The professors are accessible and helpful. The staff in financial aid and admissions is also very helpful. They make you feel like an personalized individual. The campus is beautiful and feels like a college setting.

Missouri Western is a very good campus to be at. The majority of professors are extremely helpful and the Center for Academic Support will help with just about any class you need a tutor with. There are several food options on campus and plenty of sports to participate in.

Karena

It's a good campus and no one is a major asshole. There are a ton of official clubs to join, but there are a lot of D N D groups or Pokemon Go games you can join. The RA's of the buildings always have activities for residents and anyone who wants to come.