Newark, NJ
New Jersey Institute of Technology

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend New Jersey Institute of Technology

Fixed  rate loan

Kiera

I love NJIT. I feel like it is such a great school for such a great price. The campus is going to change a lot in the next few years. We have a new athletic center being built and a ton more. This campus is going to be fantastic a few years from now.

Jonathan

Most of the students are depressed most of the time because the professors are great at research and not much else. Suicide is a common joke here, with a lot of people actually contemplating it. There are about 300 kids who you'll see more than once. Everyone else just goes from their dorm to class and back. Join a fraternity so you won't be tempted to end it. Other than that, it's not so bad.

Akin

it is a very good school with a rich faculty. the social scene is not exactly great but there are activities available for most niches. I love the architecture, the general scene, and the facilities available. the school is also located close to attractions like the Newark museum, NJ performing art center, and several art galleries that display both contemporary and historical art work. It's an especially great school for STEM students like in civil engineering, biomedical engineering, and architecture.

Jazmine

This school is overall very good. Academics are strong, especially in mathematics and the sciences. However, the professors here are majority foreigners with heavy accents, so it is difficult to understand them most of the time. Therefore, it is important to go to tutoring and office hours and study to make sure you have at least some idea of what the professors are trying to teach.

shazem

I find NJIT to be a very nice and friendly college. The administrative staff is always willing to help. If you want a place where the people are friendly and understanding NJIT is the place to go. I started off not having any friends and within the first week of class I already found a group that accepted me in with open arms and we all talk about almost anything on a daily basis.

Justis

it is very fun the math and especially chem classes are a little tough but if you work hard you can pass with all As.

arlynn

If I had a chance to give advice to myself as a high school senior, I would tell myself it is okay to be DIFFERENT from the rest. You may not fit in, be popular, but things can be DIFFERENT for you. Focus on your studies and bettering yourself, so that one day you can show the world how beautiful "DIFFERENT" can be. I would tell myself not to worry about making money and to pursue what makes me happy. Do not be concerned with making money, or choosing a career path that many people want to choose, choose what's right for yourself. Finally, I would advise myself to not lose myself in college. I would tell myself to remember my aspirations, focus only on how to achieve those aspirations and seek help when necessary. Remember who you are and stay true to who you are no matter if there are those that dislike you. Stay true to your convictions so that you may inspire many future leaders, future "YOU'S" to create a DIFFERENCE.

A person who is willing to work VERY hard at school. It is not an easy school at all. The professors expect you to know a lot, so it is important to read and constantly study or you will fall behind. If you don't want to work hard, this is not the school for you.

I brag about the amount of smart, hard working students that create innovative projects at schoool.

Sanil

My classmates are all relativley intelligent, and will be successful when they tap their potential.

I would tell myself to take high school very seriously, and not waste time. Work harder than everyone else, and graduation with the best GPA and high school resume possible, not only would this allow me to get accepted in the best institutions but also give me a better chance of recieving merit based scholarships.

It seems that this school is simply here just to provide education, not a college experience.

Daniel

A place for "Left-Brained" individuals who love math, science, and solving problems.

Every time you thought a course was stupid and the teacher was an idiot, you were the idiot. Every course in highschool that you didn't bother to do the homework in because it seemed pointless effected how much you'll have to spend on college down the road. By spending an extra 15 or 30 minutes a night studying you could have shaved almost whole semester off your college debt. However, even before you go off to become an engineer take community college courses first. Call and make sure your school will accept the credits, but it will be far cheaper than taking all of your core classes on campus. You could easily balance a job inbetween community college courses and save up money for paying down your unsubsidized loans so the interest doesn't pile up. The more you have to borrow for college the longer it will take before your life can get out of the slow lane and into the fast lane. Nobody will ever ask you if you're sure you want to borrow five thousand dollars at a time, it's your responsibility to pay this back one day so be smart about it.

If you don't know what you want to major in or lack organizational skills you may find this school to be difficult to attend as you may fall easily behind. There is little to no tolerance for late turned in work and while some professors will allow you to do extra work for a missing grade it is not an adviced course of action here. Math and Physics are not courses for the faint of heart, if you lack an affinity for mathematics or science this school should be avoided.

New Jersey Institute of Technology administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.