Newark, NJ
New Jersey Institute of Technology

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend New Jersey Institute of Technology

Fixed  rate loan

Christopher

My classmates are very diverse,unique,and future driven.

My classmates are very diverse,unique,and future driven.

Well if I could go back i would tell myself to put in extra work to get more finacial aid and possibly more scholarships for schools as I find paying for school harder than i thought.Then I would tell myself to join more clubs and be more socially active in my first month and first year of college.That way i could meet more people for networking reason while also making more friends.Altogether I would tell myself to be more socially active to make my transition into college easier.

John

My advice would be simple: get into a routine to manage time well between "fun" and studying. Look ahead at the available majors and do some research to help decide which major is the best for me. Do not get lazy and fail to look ahead at the courses I will be taking for my major. When I have free time, read up on a few of those course topics in order to be somewhat familiar with what is to come.

The classes are generally small making it easier to receive individual help with work.

Any person looking to attend a big-time party school or somewhere easy to graduate with the least amount of effort.

David

If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior, I would tell myself not to worry. College life is hard at times, and there is a lot of work involved, but you will get used to it very quickly. After about two weeks, it will feel normal to you to spend a day in college, and completing projects and papers on time will make you very happy. After all of the studying is done and you receive good grades, you will be very proud of yourself and realize how much hard work pays off.

The best thing about my school is the diversity of the people. There are many different ethnicities, but there are also many other ways that people are diverse. People come from many different blackgrounds, have different ways of thinking, there is a huge variety of majors that people are studying for, and there are many different ways that students go about completing their goals. Also, every student is different and unique. On a further note, NJIT is known for its academics and how well the alumni perform in their prospective fields when they graduate.

The most frustrating thing about my school is how difficult my major is. Architecture is known to be the most time consuming and intensive major that the school has to offer. The majority of Architecture students have to spend at least one night without sleeping per project to get all of the work completed.

I believe that The New Jersey Institute of Technology is known for its challenging courses and high academic standards.

I am only one year out of high school, and I would give anything to be able to go back and do my entire senior year over again. Honestly, college was not my main priority during my last year of high school. I was more concerned with prom, prom weekend, graduation, what I was going to wear to all these events, and how I was going to afford it all. I would love to have had the opportunity to tell myself that college was what I should have been concerned about. I only applied to NJIT, and because I got accepted very early, and didn't even bother to apply to other places. I didn't apply for scholarships. Now, because of my laziness my family and I are struggling to pay the bills. I currently commute to school but it's starting to take its toll on me, and I'm dieing for an opportunity to get some money in scholarships so I can stay at school and hopefully improve my academic performance while enjoying a true college experience. If only I had worried about these things more while I was trying on my hundreth prom dress.

The New Jersey Institute of Technology is full of intelligent and interesting individuals who are the future of all fields related to technology. The campus is a fun and exciting environment, but at the same time helps me stay academically focused. The work is very challenging and time consuming, but in the long run I know that it will help me with my future career as an Industrial Designer. I look foward to being successful and happy in my future, just as I feel now at the New Jersey Institute of Technology.

Liliana

NJIT is a prestigious institution where the professors set out their very own goals to help their students bring out their best assets and to acheive the one important thing it has to offer: an education.

I am a very stressful person. I stress out about the littlest things and at times it becomes one of my weaknesses. I don't realize that goals are reached with time, motivation, and with our hearts. If I could go back to myself as a high school senior, I would tell myself to take a deep breath because everything happens for a reason. One needs to realize that with time, as well as patience, you can achieve the very best. Sometimes taking too many steps at a time becomes the reason for our fall, but if we take a step at a time, we get farther in life. One needs to stay focused. Follow your heart and attend the school of your dreams. When you're at the school of your dreams embrace everything it has to offer. Receive the best education it has to offer and be the best person you can be.

I believe the worst thing about my school is the uneven number of girls to boys. The majority of the population of students in my school are males. Sometimes I feel uncomfortable attending a school dominated by males. It is just one of those things where one has to get used to.

Indrit

New Jersey Institute of Technology is one of the top engineering schools in the country that provides me with proper skills and learning to prepare me for a productive career and strengthen my potential for lifelong personal and professional growth.

Dear Indrit Lamcaj, As you are finishing your senior year of high school, I would like to enlighten you about the transition to college life and the necessary steps to take in order to achieve success in college. I am sure that your senior year of high school has been a blast so far and you can wait for it to end. But before you know it September will come around and your first college semester will begin. I suggest you continue to work hard during your last year of high school and finish strong in order to set the proper tone for your first year of college. Also attempt to join an academic summer program that your college of choice may offer. Such programs will provide you with extensive amount of preliminary college level work, which will benefit you in the future. In addition, during your stay in college I recommend you prioritize your school responsibilities accordingly. The amount of workload in college will increase as expected, but if you stay ready you don't have to get ready. Meaning, you are going to have to manage your time, study hard, and focus on the tast at hand.

The best thing about my school is the diversity of students as well as the convinient size of the campus. New Jersey Institute of Technology includes from a variety of backgrounds and cultures. This has given me the oppurtiny to learn about different cultures and meet amazing students from all over the world. Also the 45 acre campus is very convenient and allows me to go from to class very easily. New Jersey Institute of Technology is the top-tier national research university offering bachelor?s, master?s, and doctoral degrees.

Peramanayagam

My classmates are very studious, and they are very good with time management, which helps them excell in this school.

If i go back in time as a high school senior, i would do my best at school to have a competing GPA with other applicants in the college i desire, i would study hard and get a good score on SAT, and i would take the time to understand what it is that i really want to do, and chose a suitable college, and degree. I would engage myself in community service, and do some extra curricular activities because these are the things that really affect you in getting an admission, or a scholarship at a University or a college. I would learn more about the time management skills, which is really necessary as a new student in a college, because it is very easy to get distracted, and no one really shows you which direction is the right direction, you have to find that out on your own.

The persion who attend this school should be dedicated, hardworking, persistant, and punctual. There will be no one to tell you that you have to work hard, so you have to be dedicated, you cannot give up becayse you are doing bad, you have to be persistant, and there will be no one to tell you, that you have to wake up and go to every class and be on time, so yo have to punctual. If you are the kind of person who is punctual, hardworking and persistant, you can excell in this college.

Roshni

My classmates are competitive yet sociable.

My classmates are competitive yet sociable.

I would not have much to say to myself because nothing I could have said to myself three years ago would have prevented me from making the mistakes that I did. And honestly, I wanted to make those mistakes because the only reason I know what I know now is because of what I learned throughout my college years by making these countless mistakes. I will say, though, that as a high school senior I wondered what people would be like at college. And now I can go back and give myself advice of coming into college with a very open mind. The area where I grew up, a lot of the cultures and families were brought up the same way; however after moving to an urban setting in Newark, I saw people from different backgrounds or even the same background but raised completely differently than I was. It was scary at first until I became friends with a whole lot of the people that were raised nothing like me. I would advise myself not to be afraid or timid with people that are so different and that the college we go to is something we all have in common.

NJIT is dominantly a commuter school. It is great for a commuter student who is very academic and career focused. There are great study facilities available and local transit and parking availabilities for those who need to travel off and on campus frequently. The student should be very open minded as the campus is very religiously and culturally diverse including lots of international students. If the student is socially active, he or she should join a lot of the clubs and organizations as they are very beneficial for friendships as well as being involved.

Maisah

My classmates are really involved in their academics. They focus in class and they happen to be very nice when it comes to helping out others. My classmates always seem to particpate in classroom activities and the class average is always above a C. I would say that i have some of the best classmates because we all work well with each other . We always seem to come to agreements and thats shows that they have very good perspective skiils. When it comes to social skills, the majority of my classmates are really cool and fun to be around.

My school is best known for it's great engineering programs and for having the only architecture program in the state of New Jersey. Even though academics play a major role, the highlander spirit is known as well. Being a cheerleader at NJIT, i have noticed that school spirit can do a lot for the school and its for all the students to show off the school they are in because it is so great!

As a senior in High School, I always thought that I was really prepared for college because I went to a really great high school and i always stayed focus. But as I got to college, I realized that there were things that I was not prepared for. If I could go back in time and talk to myself, I would teach myself how to manage time. So far time management seems to be one of the most important things when it comes to organization in the college life. Another thing I would tell myself, is to get used to studying more often then i was used to. I would only study that week of the test and now that I am in college, I realize that studying the week of the test was not a healthy studying habit. I would atleast studying for a week and a half for over two hours each day. Plan to know all of the material like the back of my hand.

New Jersey Institute of Technology administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.