Northwest College Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for Northwest College

Joshua

Northwest College is a small college in the town of Powell and the class size reflects it average classes is probably between 10-20 students. The professors are almost always willing to work with you to succeed but the courses still provide a fluid and valuable academic experience.

Larissa

I love the atmosphere of the school. The staff and students are great, food is wonderful and campus dorms are clean and affordable. The education provided is exemplar as well. The school is wonderful at working with students about classes and provides plenty of different recreational activities to keep students engaged.

Kelsey

Honestly, I love it here! All the teachers and professors are easy to work with. They show a genuine interest in the students here at NWC. The class sizes are perfect, especially for someone coming from a small school or someone who may require a little extra help in class. The students and the rest of the faculty are very helpful and friendly.

Jeffrey

My opinion on Northwest College is that I it is a great school to go to right out of high school. First off there are great professors. They will always find time to talk to their student’s one on one usually any time the students need them they are there. Then on top of that the professors are great at emailing you back it is like texting to them they are on top of it. They are a dry campus so the parents that are worried about their children drinking all the time it is highly regulated so there will be a lot less worrying. The school is cheap so it makes it really easier for the student to go through a two year program without acquiring a lot of dept. It is a two year program so you just get in and out with an associate’s degree while making a lot of friends because it seems like every one in Wyoming is there to help you out. So the fact that the school is cheap to go too, parents usually don’t have to help out there children as much financially. Northwest makes it easy for people to get scholarships there is page on their student’s portal to fill out scholarship applications that are local scholarships. Northwest has great athletes as well as people and I was on the wrestling team for Northwest and the wrestling coach pushed me to be a better student and athlete. I was able to achieve a two time All American status, and I’m about to graduate with an AAS degree as a collegiate student athlete. While being a dad, and a husband, I think that coming to Northwest College and surrounding myself with amazing people is what has made me so successful. So my final opinion on Northwest College is that it is the best community college to go to right out of high school if you want to be successful.

Sierra

The overall experience at Northwest is solumley based depending on you personally. Powell is great for agriculture students and students into the rodeo scene. Small town community people would do great here as well. Basketball and Volleyball are big here as well. However the town does not have much to offer.

Sydney

Overall, I really enjoy Northwest. The students and professors are extremely friendly and always looking out for one another. Even the cafeteria staff is overlly outgoing and always taking advice and trying to advance in what they are doing. There are so many different clubs and organizations that allow students to get to know each other and make friendships. Northwest is an amazing institution that has allowed me to make lifelong friendships and further my education.

Inna

1. Professors: great, understanding, knowledgeable, with a sense of humor and the love for their profession! 2. Beautiful campus: green, with a lot of trees and flowerbeds, bins for recycling, new buildings equipped with everything you'll ever need - I'm in love! Oh, and they bought a house specially for international students who come before the dorms open!!! 3. Great intercultural programs: a lot of trips to foreign countries and a lot of opportunities for international students! 4. Food: it sucks, really... 5. Price: one of the cheapest colleges Overall, I'm in love!!!

maria

I think it is a great little college for kids to use as a stepping stone to a larger college. Nursing program is the best around. And we have the best Equine riding and Training Program by far from any other college. I am a non-traditional student and have never felt out of place at all.

David

Northwest is a good little college. The small classes give the professors a better opportunity to help you understand all of the content. There is a friendly atmosphere from both the staff and students. The athletic teams are competitive and always entertaining. There is a lot of good country around Powell that can be explored.

Josiah

I currently attend Northwest college and am an online student there. I love being able to take classes anytime online through their portal, Moodle. The Northwest college professors are (mostly) an amazing group of teachers and very accessible and understanding whenever they are needed to any student. I have been to the college a couple times and I could tell that the facilities, personnel, and dorms were also nice. This college is the one to go to in Wyoming.

Ruby

I love it! I am staying as long as I can. Student activities are so much fun and the school pride is overwhelming. The professors treat you with respect and dignity and actually care about you. It's a small school so the class sizes are small so you can always get the help you need. Powell, WY is a small town with beautiful surroundings and plenty to do. GO TRAPPERS!!!

Jenny

First off, the campus is small and the class only have a maximum of 18 student each. This allows us to have more one-on-one attention with our instructors and staff. Honestly, it feels like a family and if there is a problem, they are their to help.