Notre Dame de Namur University Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for Notre Dame de Namur University

Melissa

When I first visited NDNU I knew that this school was going to be great! A great school for people who want a small class size!

Arlene May

I was disappointed in the lack of tutors for certain subjects: genetics, organic chemistry, chemistry. These classes are crucial for graduation and with the tuition as expensive as it was, we deserved to have tutors available! The professor had regular office hours but as a full time student with other class schedules conflicting with those set office hours, an alternative I always sought was going to the tutoring center to do my work... though, there was no tutor! The staff is amazing but the school environment always felt like high school, everyone was in cliques and it felt like there were always drama in the dorms every weekend. I thought it was a great university for me to transition into having come from a small school environment but I soon realized that I was feeling cramped living on campus.

Shenelle

Notre Dame de Namur University is very diverse and located in a great area. The classes challenge you and can voice your views and opinions. Also, the professors are available if you need to talk to them.

Ariel

Even though NDNU is a small school, the entament environment makes you feel right at home.

Alejandra

I honestly love the school. I am glad I chose it. I am a freshman who moved away from my hometown to attend Notre Dame De Namur. My campus is small and quite easy to get around on. The class sizes are small, the most amount of students in one class is about 25 tops. The professors are really understanding and unlike other schools, they really know their students. If you're absent they'll notice. NDNU offers a lot of assistance in anything you might need help on. We have a writing center and math tutoring center where you can go to get any help you need. Since the campus is small, you kind of get to know everyone around. I have made wonderful friends and continue to meet great people who have same interests as me. this is my home away from home. I feel really comfortable here.

Joyce

My overall opinion of NDNU is that it's a fun school to attend. I made a few close friends and I got to know some of the teachers in my major and minor. When I emailed my teachers, they always responded to me within a few hours or the next day. I felt pretty safe around campus with the security always patrolling.

Daniela

It is a small school. You have to be proactive if you want to get involved in the school culture. The campus has many nice places to hang out with friends and study. The food here is great but there are not many snack options. The good thing is that in a one-mile radius there are two Safeway supermarkets.

Mayra

I'm a transfer student from Santa Cruz County and its my fist semester at NDNU. I decided to attend NDNU because of their classroom sizes. I'm a person who gets distracted very easily and I knew if I were to be put in a hall with one hundred people I would loose interest immediately. The ratio from teacher to student is amazing! The professors take the time to stay with you after class to explain you what you didn't understand from class.

EFRAIN

I really like the school so far. This is my first semester entering as a graduate student and I still have lot to learn and explore. I am very excited for what is to come and the places it will take me after graduating from this prestigious university.

Fernanda

Notre Dame is an amazing school but I do believe is a rather small school. Sometimes that can be find boring because there are not a lot of things to do inside of school. There is no Greek life which I feel is missing a bit of the college experience.

Melissa

I really like Notre Dame de Namur University. It is my first years here and I am so glad I chose this school. The class sizes are small and the professors are focussed on you which helps with one-on-one learners. It is also a small campus but there are always activities going on.