Winterville, NC
Pitt Community College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Pitt Community College

Karlee

Overall, I believe Pitt Community College is an incredible institution. Academically, I find the small, intimate class sizes to be especially helpful and enjoyable. Through this, I have gained life long friends and have professors who I still talk to on a daily basis. I enjoy walking around campus and being greeted by name by members of the staff and faculty. Socially, Pitt offers numerous opportunities for students to plug in and get involved. From sporting events, to art shows, to concerts, there is something for everyone. There are also numerous opportunities for students to get involved with the community and with politics. There are numerous opportunities to volunteer within the community and last semester we had the opportunity to hear presidential candidate Clinton speak. I genuinely enjoy getting to attend PCC and would choose to attend PCC over any other community college. Pitt is a great school to obtain your Associate Degree in general education classes or for you to complete one of the numerous specialized programs Pitt has to offer. I highly recommend Pitt Community College to anyone interested.

Savanah

I believe Pitt Community College is an amazing school. They have given me so many opportunities to make a difference in the community and I have had such thought provoking professors. I am very thankful for the college and all that they offer for their students.

Catherine

Pitt is a great option for transfer students, such as myself. I also took advantage of the dual enrollment program while I was a home-schooled high school student. I have many friends in this program who will be graduating high school with a 2 year degree which is amazing.

I love going to Pitt Community College. The teachers really care about you and it's very inexpensive to attend! It is a great place to receive an afford and quality education! I would recommend PCC to anyone who is ready to start a new chapter in their life!

Carla

It is a nice school to learn educational matters.

It is a nice school to learn educational matters.

Chyna

Pitt Community is a place that is great for anyone in need of a two year degree, other wise it is a waste of time and money. The teachers need to work on connecting with their students and they should take the time to acknowledge the academic problems between the students.

Sandra

I have only done one semester so far at Pitt Community College but I feel safe and I want to apply for the Nursing program starting in the Fall 2017. At the moment I am working on all the pre-requesites for the Nursing program. So far the Professors and everybody I have met were really helpful.

Susan

Being a high school senior is one of the joys of being in high school. However, while being a senior you need to make smart choices on where you decide to want to further your education. You need to apply the most effort into your senior year and in the long run it will make your more successful. Apply for any financial aid available because you are going to need it, especially if you decide you are going to a private or out of state school. The tuition is extremely expensive. Also make sure you know where you want to go. Being a transfer student is hard. All the different transcripts you have to gather can be very nerve racking if you don't know where you want to go. Also financial aid is not as available as it was when you are a freshman. It's harder to pay for tuition, even if you get the presidential transfer scholarship from Campbell, you don't get the scholarships you would as a freshman. College is a big step to take but if you plan ahead and in the right direction, it can be rewarding in the long run.

My first college experience was at Barton College in Wilson. I had decided to attend Barton for the wrong reasons & decided for my best interest to transfer out. I had applied at Campbell University & was accepted. However, being a transfer student the money was not there. While a senior in high school you need to decide what college best firsts you & your career interest. Otherwise transferring into a college, financial assistance is not always available and you are left paying out of pocket or by loan. This semester at Pitt, I received no financial aid & was left paying everything.

I have freedom to choose a class on campus or a distance learning class online. It allows me to be flexible and fit in more time for things such as work, friends, and extra curricular activities. However, being an online student, you are responsible for knowing how to do the work and you don't have the face-to-face or one-on-one interaction with the instructor. It can have its advantages but its disadvantages as well.

Catherine

First of all, you need a confidence check, stop being shy and intimated. Speaking in front of people is not bad. What you need to do is get more involved with student activities. Find classes that you will have to do a lot of participating. Also, make sure that you take all the English classes that are available. Second, college is a great place to meet new and interesting people. So make sure you join several clubs while in college. Joining clubs will open new doors and opportunities and will even give you a chance to move up within the organization. It is also a great place to network and meet people that are established business owners .Continue to set goals and stay organized. Also, work with students that have the same interest as you. This will be interesting and fun. Always prepare a spreadsheet with your classes and the goals to reach each semester. Finally, keep working hard and it will pay off and remember it is more fulfilling than graduating from high school. Just remember to keep your confidence, continue to study hard, stay focused and you will have a successful and rewarding career in no time.

During the summer semester I am not awarded financial aid and therefore I have get a loan in order to attend. I also realized that I should never take a math course online.

One that is not motivated, discouraged, or just in it for the financial aid. What I mean is, they attend class, but always complaining. As soon as the financial aid checks are distributed they are no longer in class. But I guess that is a good thing, because that leaves the serious students that are really there to learn and move on to the next level.

Pitt Community College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.