Principia College Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for Principia College

Carrie

To be honest, I have very mixed feelings about Principia College. The campus is beautiful, unique and peaceful. The location is interesting, it can feel isolated and remote at times, but it's still peaceful and easy to focus on schoolwork. I would recommend having a car to travel off campus or at least befriending someone with a car. Everyone there is very open and friendly, but can be clique-ish because it's such a small school. I owe a lot to this school with providing me with amazing and affordable educational opportunities such as traveling abroad. The classroom structure is awesome and close-nit; you really get to know your professors. Somethings that I truly struggled with was the overall conservative vibe on campus. When I attended, openly gay students could not attend. That's changed now, but the administrative culture overall has a long way to go in terms of embracing new ideas. I had a really hard time with the social aspect of college and looking back, I may have felt more independent at a bigger school. I wasted a lot of time with the wrong people and struggled to obey the code of conduct. A lot of people say they loved their Principia experience, but I feel as though those were some of the most challenging years. I was apprehensive to have an open discussion with someone because the risk of discipline was so great. I felt no support from administration and felt that they were only interested kicking people out and making you feel like a flawed person who wasn't worthy of the school. I've attended CS camps and Sunday school my whole life understand CS. I guess I ultimately overestimated my resilience to social pressures. Anyway, I'm grateful for my academic experience, but socially (with the exception of meeting my best friend), it was a nightmare.

TreVaughn

Transferring from Keiser University where I was on a half-ride athletic scholarship to here was one of the best decisions of my life. The community wants to see you do good no matter what and will put you in a position to succeed in the classroom and athletics. There’s a sense of welcoming when I came on my visit and despite my basketball background everyone wanted me to come here just to experience what a great community it is and this school has changed my life for the better. I’m proud to be a Principia Panther!