Rockford, IL
Rockford University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Rockford University

Alexis

I love the campus and like the fact it is in a big city with all kinds of shop and restaurants. I have made some good friends already, and have met alot of people from all over the world. 2 of my good friends are from France and Denmark. I am close to home but far enough away to feel independent. I have joined clubs and I play soccer for the womens team.

I personally love this school for several reasons that others may find to be negatives about a school. It's a very small campus and every building is within walking distance. 11:1 student teacher ratio with a variety of classes. We are a liberal arts school so most people are liberal. Students are encouraged to take classes outside of their major. Teachers are either amazing or apathetic but manageable. Lots of job opportunities on campus

Lazerice

A great school. However, the football program is underfunded. Sports is big as most of the schools population contains a high percentage of athletes, yet athletes hardly receive funds for new things. SAS helps a lot and there are many great resources but some classes are unnecessary and are handled unprofessionally by professors. Students make the school great! Everybody knows each other and treats one another with respect and kindness. There’s a special diversity here and it is embraced every day. Rockford University is a great place to meet new people, gain new and many resources, and become successful.

Overall my opinion of Rockford University is positive. I have enjoyed attending Rockford University so far. A majority of my professors have instructed their courses in interesting and informative ways. The advisory and counseling services available are splendid.

Victoria

As a current student at Rockford University, I am the first to applaud the school for employing amazing professors and providing the students with great facilities and academic options. I am also sad to admit that the quality of life within the school is not as amazing as the academic aspect. Due to the poor living environment and on-campus food choice, I have to give my beloved university a lower rating than I would hope.

Xerxes

They are friendly and really wants to be sucessful.

They are friendly and really wants to be sucessful.

I would tell myself to not worry so much about athletics and put more into grades. I also would tell myself to take up architecture. I would say do more scholarship and try hard on the Act practices.

The food is nasty and the scholarships are hard to get.

Wendy

Visit as many colleges as you can. During those college visits ask questions to current students, advisors, and financial aid counselors. Ask the financial aid counselor what scholarships are available for that college. Ask the advisors what majors are available to those schools and what the coursework are like in the majors of what you are interested in. Ask current students what it is like to be a student at that college. Also, be sure to stay overnight in a dorm room, so you know what that experience is like.

Beautiful campus! Great nursing program.

Beautiful campus! Great nursing program.

Something I would tell myself is to really do well on the ACT, because many schools give scholarships off of that one score. Also, I would have done cross country during high school so that I would have had time to build up my speed. Mostly, I would tell myself to really focus on my classes and to study more so I could get better grades. The other two things I would have told myself is to apply for as many scholarships I could qualify for and to really research which college I wanted to attend and do visits. Taking more time to do those things could have really helped me do better in school and have a better college experience (along with a better high school experience)

That they raise the tution every year, but not necessarily the scholarships they give students. The food is not very good...

Mladen

Rockford College is a small private liberal arts school that has some of the friendliest and helpful students and staff.

The advice I would give myself would be to join more clubs and organizations instead of just playing sports and waiting until college to do so. These would have helped me not only in gaining more scholarship aid from my current school, but also to learn much more. I would also tell myself to be interested in what other people were planning to do after high school because I had never set a goal for myself and perhaps other people's plans could have influenced me.

Rockford College is not for those who are seeking the party lifestyle or for those that are too conservative. Even though it has a relatively small student population, there are many types of personalities to be found there and from many different areas of the world. Rockford College is for the friendly and open minded.

Lindsay

Apply to more colleges! You will have no choice in your college decision because you only applied to expensive schools, and you did not get sufficient financial aid. You need to start your college applications early or else you will be working on them the night that they are due. Also, apply to more scholarships! You won't be able to go to your top choice university without them. Be more confident in yourself at your college interview. Know that you can achieve your dream through hard work and dedication to that goal.

Almost every student here is on a sport team. The whole student population is very dedicated to their sport. I love that students here have the chance to play their sport and very few sit on the bench during games.

People who require alot of attention in classes should not go here. People who want to be in a central location should not go here because there is often not much to do. The sports here are not very good so students here should not expect to win very much.

Rockford University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.